It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your picture of an alien?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Trite...Lacking power to evoke interest through overuse or repetition; hackneyed

Wahoo, I learned another word for my vocabulary, thanks to Gazrok.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Well, yeah, typical greys is what I imagine the predominant alien on earth like, simply because of the witness reports, Reptillians and Nordics are much less common, if the disclossure project is not disinfo, it might certaintly proof that MOST aliens encountered are humanoid and we are not able to explain why this is the case, there also have been reports of aliens who DO resemble a Jellyfish.

HOLY HELL! where did you find that picture of that grey that appears to be shot? I never seen that one!!! great find

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Well, I really hate to dissappoint you guys. But it's a picture from Weekly World News, a tabloid paper. I posted it because it was my ideal vision of what an alien would look like. However, It appears that the alien was pasted in the picture... So, where do the tabloid papers get the alien pictures that they paste into other pictures?

I don't think they create the images by themselves and they look to realistic to be a model or what not. So... I wonder where they get these images... It could be real or maybe not. Looks pretty damn good to me.

I'm glad you enjoyed it anyways!

Also, I have a clearer image of it. This whizzed by me, I guess the scanner smuged the alien's other shoulder. I re-scanned it, and the shoulder came out better.

~DD

[edit on 11-3-2005 by Daemon Divinus]

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
The most realistic alien I ever saw must have been the alien interview grey, it ~felt~ the most real, soulless and cold, while fragile...

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Do you mean the video? I've never seen it, do you have a link to it?

Also, (I thought this was interesting) upon researching Grey Aliens, they are said to have four fingers. In the picture I posted..the space alien has four fingers (one is tough to distinguish from the grass). Verrry Interesting.

Do you believe it would be hostile or not? If you did come in contact with an alien, or saw one, what would you do? I'm just curious.

^I total left this part out! I apologize.

Do you believe the space alien would be hostile or not?

Actually, Yes. From the many stories I've read about encounters with Aliens, most seem aggressive. So, I'd also suspect they are quite aggressive. Younger aliens, probably not. Though, I don't think you'd come across a lone space alien child.

If you did come in contact with a space alien, or saw one, what would you do?

Kill it or capture it. I'd put up a mighty good fight for the space creature. I suppose it'd be easier to kill it than to capture it alive. So, I'd most likely shoot it or kill it. Then I'd have proof that aliens exist.... until decomposition sets in.

[edit on 11-3-2005 by Daemon Divinus]

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
And we have the answer to why they'd be hostile.

I just highly doubt that the greys look like that! Nose, eyes and mouth just like humans.

Anyway if an advanced species comes to earth without the means to kill one of us if we get aggresive then they're not that advanced. Any attempt to harm an alien would either result in them laughing or laughing while they mutilate your butt cattle style.

[edit on 11-3-2005 by Krahzeef]

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
So you imagine that grey space aliens are grey-skinned bald humans?

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krahzeef

I just highly doubt that the greys look like that! Nose, eyes and mouth just like humans.

[edit on 11-3-2005 by Krahzeef]

Yes, but it would certainly be great if they did.

Also, I was going to ask you that question about that alien picture myself. Great picture, whether fake or real.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Yeah, It's a pretty cool picture.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Omniscient, you're welcome, hehe...I read a lot, and authors like big fancy words, and they just get stuck in my vocabulary.
As my mother (god love her) isn't as educated, I often censor myself around her, talk about an interesting exercise in propriety...

But it's a picture from Weekly World News, a tabloid paper.

Look at THIS week's WWN....they've added another head to your alien, and stuck a farmer with a shotgun in the pic, hehe....

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Yeah, they tend to use their pictures waaaay too much. Example. In one issue, they use (example: an alien)- then like 7 issues later, they'll do a different story, with the same picture, just edited, like the two headed alien. What a crazy paper... But I love it anyways. Buy it every week. My favorite article: "Aliens Smoke Pot and Love to Disco!".

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Kill it or capture it. I'd put up a mighty good fight for the space creature. I suppose it'd be easier to kill it than to capture it alive. So, I'd most likely shoot it or kill it. Then I'd have proof that aliens exist.... until decomposition sets in.

I'd put that bastard on ice, pronto. I'd try to preserve it for as long as possible.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   
The Alien Interview was different, and as far as I know still not unproven.
I have a taped video of the program and after viewing it for months I could not forget how black and shiny the bubous eyes were.

Alien Autopsy to this point is the most dramatic pictured EBE I have seen - real or no. As yet it too is not unproven. Though the six digit hands and feet does not seem to concur with general descriptions of witnesses who claim to have seen bodies of EBEs. Yet again researchers are indicating there may be twelve or more different EBE varieties/hybrids.

Dallas

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   
i buy into the whole "stargate" thing. so i think "aliens" probably don't look that much different than us,with a few adaptive features. i mean we are the most evolved species on earth,so i think beings from planets similar to ours probably look much like we do.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Yes, I think mostly the same way. And if I saw an alien that looked more like..

If an alien looked something like that, I think it would freak me out a lot more even though it still holds a lot of the basic features of a human.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 04:24 AM
link   
We can't make too many hard claims, except that there are infinite possibilities of life forms (structure and function) in this universe. Taking into account one of our greatest scientific theories, evolution, species from other planets will have adapted to their local environment via natural selection and pressure from their habitats. The diversity is great. Look at life on Earth - their are literally millions of forms. In this way, we could encounter some very scary looking creatures, like giant preying mantuses, or a huge ball of skin with eyes the size of the World Trade Center. The imagination can only touch upon what "actually" exists out there. Earth alone has produced some amazing life forms, namely, dinosaurs.

One constant here on Earth, shared by all life forms, is that they are all made of organic matter. Some are vertebrates others invertebrates. But we can't say for sure that all other life forms out there fit in the organic matter category - that is what we are limited to: our meager understanding of the universe. Perhaps some highly evolved organisms exist in completely different forms, and even in other dimensions and thus space-time continuims. In that way, we don't have a chance of detecting them. The Aliens that resemble us in some ways, like the Greys coming to Earth are perhaps not that evolved when compared to other life forms, like those not made of traditional organic tissue with a verterbrae.

I did a thesis on theories of reality and, although there are problems with saying that there are things out there we don't know about and can't, it still holds some weight. Specifically, to illustrate the point, a spider and a human are sitting in a room. The spider says that he likes girls that have x, y, and z. The human doesn't understand what x, y, and z are and tells the spider he likes a, b, and c. The spider responds in like fashion. What is clear is that each lacks the perceptual tools to interpret the world as one another does. The point is that, not only do we need to learn much more about the universe (science), we are limited by the perceptual tools that we have been afforded by nature. Perhaps that per sey is what really makes us primitive at this point in time - that, with our best efforts, we can't get there until our bodies evolve more. Accepting this, it is easy to accept that we may not be able to percieve highly evolved intelligent life forms existing in forms totally unknown to us.

At least we have the capacity to aknowledge our limitations and we have the imaginative power to analyse such things in depth.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
why does everyone blow up the creepy looking pictures?! Its scares me...

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I like the pics!

But my view of an alien?

Im not sure, which one?

If I get good pic. Ill post it on this thread!

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Asgard

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Now I have a great alien picture, I consider this one a true alien...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join