It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your picture of an alien?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   
What do you picture an alien as? A traditional green or grey being? Do you believe it would be hostile or not? If you did come in contact with an alien, or saw one, what would you do? I'm just curious.

I picture an alien as the traditional large cranium being with big black eyes. If I saw an alien, I don't really know what I would do. I'm curious what some of you other people would do if you came in contact with or saw an alien.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Yeah, usually when an alien is mentioned the image of the classic oversized cranium and slanted beady eyes come to mind. That's how we've been conditioned to percieve them as, but as far as it's concerned..There are plenty of differing physical attributes.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Hmmm....I can't really say any one species of Alien s what I think of as Alien. Grays are predominant, but I also tend to think of Human looking Aliens as well.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I think their bodies are made of a different substance from ours.
Maybe stuff like ectoplasm. They can appear as solid beings (what-
ever form suits them), mists, or orbs.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I tend to believe that evolved beings have developped a big head, which certainly means a bigger brain, and bigger consciousness. Eyes seem to be growing with evolution too.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
The second thing I would do if I encountered an alien, no matter what it looks like, I would probably be looking for a new pair of shorts.

I think that aliens will tend to be combition of eye-witness accounts, much like the blind men who were asked to describe an elephant.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
My mental image of an Alien is that of a typical grey... like this picture:

[edit on 10-3-2005 by Daemon Divinus]

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   
If there is an encounter with an ET I think it'll likely turn out to be a machine not an organism. An intelligent society of machines that can travel through space without ever having to worry about the things we need to worry about in order to survive, likely created by a civilization long gone.

If it were to be an organism I'd house a wild guess and say they'd likely be a force of some kind, not a solid organism. Or maybe even a water creature, like a kind of blob of jelly made up of lights, kind of like the Abyss.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   
WOW were'd you get
THAT
picture.
creepy

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Omniscient
What do you picture an alien as? A traditional green or grey being? Do you believe it would be hostile or not? If you did come in contact with an alien, or saw one, what would you do? I'm just curious.

I picture an alien as the traditional large cranium being with big black eyes. If I saw an alien, I don't really know what I would do. I'm curious what some of you other people would do if you came in contact with or saw an alien.

I'm an Alien......

So There Na ;P

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Nice question.

I'd say that I envision a whole host of species, some like you or I, some vastly different, but that's the interesting thing to me.

All different worlds, different cultures, motivations, fears, trulyamazing stuff.

That's what the believer in me thinks, at least.

The skeptic in me has no earthly idea and thinks it will remain that way until the eventual governmental disclosure.

X

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
It seems that the typical grey is a simplified looking "non-threatening" human. Surely being abducted by a little cute grey guy is less stressful (and efficient for them) than being dragged away by the swamp thing.

Whatever they look like it won't be the smooth glossy alien we've been seeing. It's gonna be one ugly MoFo. The only things I can really see as being universal for an advanced species are opposable digits and eyes.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
....and if I saw one?

I'd like to say calmly approach and try start up a conversation but I think the urge to run away arms flailing and screaming like a schoolgirl would take over.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Yes, I as well would like to believe that I could approach it calmly, but I would probably end up running away screaming. Fear of the mysterious, eh.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
If is saw an alien i would just dump the load into my pants..

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
IMO, the reason people beleive aliens look similiar to humans is becuase we want them to. We feel that right now we are the top of the food chain and we are the best that any species can get. So if there was to be another race of beings out there with the capabilites to travel here and make contact, well, they must be highly evolved like us. So we give them human attributes, like eyes, nostrils, ears, etc...all because we use them on a daily basis. If we use them, why wouldn't they be used on another lifeform?

To me it's also due to the fact that humans fear the unkown. People fear what they don't know, so to make aliens more likeable in their mind, they make them less unkown. If you were shown 2 different aliens, one with 2 arms, 2 legs, a pair of feet and hands, eyes, ears, and a nose and then show them one with no arms and legs, no human facial features, perhaps a jellyfish like body with tentacles and it dripped goo, which one would you gravitate towards? My money is on the humanoid version. We create the version that will be most appealing cause we don't want to fear it. Religion has done the same thing to God. It gave him a long white beard, and a flowing white robe and put him atop a cloud looking down on us. It's all the same.

Further more, there is a large beleif that aliens take on a reptilian form. This, I beleive, comes from the side of humans that want to place an emphasis of fear on the aliens. In general, reptiles are a feared creature. They have been used in myths of man since the begining of time, so it's logical to give aliens a reptliian attribute so that we fear them.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Interesting thoughts mpeake. It would certainly be better if they weren't hostile and they did look like us so it would be a bit more familiar, eh?

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   

What do you picture an alien as? A traditional green or grey being?

About 4 1/2 to 5 feet high, gray dolphin-like skin, large head, large black eyes (as a result of an artificial membrane for night vision), hairless, small nose with slits for nostrils, and a small slit for a mouth, no teeth, just a hard gum. Almost imperceptable ears resembling discs, 4 opposable fingers with minute suctioned tips, and a form-fitting flight suit of a non-wrinkling material. A single heart-lung organ, simplified digestive system and excreting only liquid waste, cartilidge-like skeletal system, feet appearing toeless, you know, the usual....

Do you believe it would be hostile or not?

I'd certainly consider it a possibility...though I don't think he'd "rush me" or anything....

If you did come in contact with an alien, or saw one, what would you do? I'm just curious.

I'd explain that my rear is exit only and then ask him to say "cheese"...*snaps picture*

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
About 4 1/2 to 5 feet high, gray dolphin-like skin, large head, large black eyes (as a result of an artificial membrane for night vision), hairless, small nose with slits for nostrils, and a small slit for a mouth, no teeth, just a hard gum. Almost imperceptable ears resembling discs, 4 opposable fingers with minute suctioned tips, and a form-fitting flight suit of a non-wrinkling material. A single heart-lung organ, simplified digestive system and excreting only liquid waste, cartilidge-like skeletal system, feet appearing toeless, you know, the usual....

Wow you seem to have quite a visual image of it, now don't you?

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Wow you seem to have quite a visual image of it, now don't you?

Well, just saying "a grey" seemed so trite...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join