It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 59
<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
Looks like Hubei added 3000 more infections and 70 more deaths

BNO is not responding

nah fam, that's just the number of people already sick but in a serious condition

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Mateo96
Dont know much about editing an image at all myself, someone did say earlier though it was from a wechat post which cant be edited. And another guy looked into the image and said it hadn't been photoshopped. Again I have next to zero knowledge on this just going off what people said few pages back

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Be nice if your right and it is 2%, if the other figure from Taiwan are correct ( not saying either figures are at this point and no one can verify either 🤷🏽‍♂️ , we can say with relative certainty China is lying ! So casts doubt on the 24000(ca. Confirmed) then it looks like 15-16% (ca.) but it’s all speculation until it isn’t at the moment (mostly!)
edit on 5-2-2020 by Adphil28 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: tennisdawg

originally posted by: Advantage
Tencent may have accidentally leaked real data on Wuhan virus deaths
Tencent briefly lists 154,023 infections and 24,589 deaths from Wuhan coronavirus

www.taiwannews.com.tw...

Fatality rate 15.9%. I was told 15% 3 weeks ago. This leak needs more attention.

15-20% was kicked around in early Jan.

Also, if crematoriums are running capacity and 24/7... Id say there are more deaths. If a person has complications or secondary infections or organ failure.. you can fudge numbers of the exact cause of death.

Also Id like to know if the newborn was infected before or after birth. KWIM??

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: hiddenNZ
a reply to: Necrose

"Official" yep ok man.

YAOO LET'S DAB ON 'EM HATERZ
But hey, at least we got the Tencent leak to keep you guys occupied and I'm glad both that you have something to dig into and that FINALLY we got some different numbers than CCP's numbers. Still sticking with CCP unless proven otherwise, cuz the number of new cases in the EU and the UK is 0 = Z.E.R.O. and 1 in the US. More people got infected by a common flu in my apartment building (actually probably just 1 floor
) today than people who got the WuFlu in the entire Western hemisphere.
edit on 5-2-2020 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Pommer89
a reply to: Mateo96
Dont know much about editing an image at all myself, someone did say earlier though it was from a wechat post which cant be edited. And another guy looked into the image and said it hadn't been photoshopped. Again I have next to zero knowledge on this just going off what people said few pages back

You can literally edit any HTML-based website, that includes WeChat and even Whatsapp. That's also the reason it doesn't look photoshopped, you're literally using the same font, size, and everything else that was originally used on the page.

Besides, it was obviously NOT edited on WeChat, they simply went to Tencent's page reporting on the Coronavirus, edited it, then took a phone picture and uploaded it to WeChat.

Again, if it was actually 15%, it would explain China's reaction... but I wouldn't trust some random image that could have been created by literally anybody by pressing F12 or right clicking on a page. Even if it is not editable as an .html page because it has java elements or external references, you can always print as PDF or other format and edit it there.

Going by how the virus failed so spectacularly at infecting 4 people that were living with a German patient in close proximity... I am not sure if it is really as good as spreading as initially thought and maybe this is all because China pretended it wasn't a thing until January, thus making it seem like it appeared then instead of during November.
edit on 5-2-2020 by Mateo96 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-2-2020 by Mateo96 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: tennisdawg

originally posted by: ARM1968

originally posted by: wuflu
a reply to: ARM1968

I did not jump on him at all i asked a simple question.

I hate when people try and leave cryptic shi.. and tell me to try and follow the crumbs because they are privy to info no one else is.

If its that important install a vpn and tell us what you know. Go to the local library and make another account and tell us what you know.

Not trying to be a dick but thats what I would do..

I should imagine if what he says is true it would easily traced back, VPN or not. Only a certain number are usually in those loops. To my mind he’s taking a rather significant risk as it is. Not that it really matters as I said. Truth will out - unless it’s in China. One thing is certain, major western countries are preparing for something - they know and are being prudent (ish).

I am using a VPN now. FWIW, I don't play tennis, and that's not me in the picture. I am not an idiot. I am just trying to do the right thing with the information I have been given. If anyone out there can refute what I have posted or debunk it, then by all means, go ahead. I would bet even the great Phage is having trouble refuting any of my statements.

Mate I’m with you - didn’t you notice? I think what you’re doing is potentially courageous. Don’t put too much faith in VPN’s though eh. And as for Phage I think he and great are mutually exclusive. I know that’s probably sacrilege round here, but you know, opinions.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Necrose

This is what DYING OUT or CONTAINMENT looks like. Today we're gonna get a lower % increase than yesterday, it's 16% now, gonna be around 18% once the China report comes in.

this is what complete BS looks like. i did catch up on this thread already, but in case someone's still catching up and comes across those, i prefer to explain in simple terms, since apparently noone did.

that graph is a manipulation. it's a growth rate. think of it as acceleration. when car's acceleration goes down, does it mean it's slowing down? of course not. it's just moving ahead with constant speed when the acceleration goes down to zero.

Err, no it isn’t. Even the skewed official figures show its going up. a reply to: Necrose

I don't know man, I feel stupid explaining elementary school maths, simply put : a daily increase in % is declining, hence it's slowing down.

you should feel that way, since it's entirely wrong.

Err, no it isn’t. Even the skewed official figures show its going up. a reply to: Necrose

I don't know man, I feel stupid explaining elementary school maths, simply put : a daily increase in % is declining, hence it's slowing down.

You’re an idiot. Sorry to break it to you, as you’re clearly unaware. Enjoy.

Ok let's say hypothetically...
Today's increase is going to be 18% and the rate by which the number of confirmed cases increases is declining 1% per day.
Tomorrow 17%, then 16, 15, 14 and in 2 weeks it hits 0%, so 18 days from now the daily increase is going to be 0% = 0 new cases. What then? It has to top out at some point if it's not speeding up, but slowing down.

Instead of saying I'm an idiot, show me what's wrong with my calculations so both of us can be "aware".

EDIT: again, we're using China's officially reported numbers

0% daily increase of new cases DOES NOT EQUAL 0 new cases. it's a goddamn INCREASE.

once the increase of new cases goes down to zero, the number of new cases daily becomes constant, so the growth becomes linear. so far it isn't, it's exponential, as can be seen on every "infections per day" graph on the web available for this virus.

and that's all using the official numbers of course.

then comes this:

Netizens also noticed that each time the screen with the large numbers appears, it shows a comparison with the previous day's data which demonstrates a "reasonable" incremental increase, much like comparisons of official numbers. This has led some netizens to speculate that Tencent has two sets of data, the real data and "processed" data.

check out recent videos showing smog in Wuhan. in a city with virtually all the traffic stopped. with all factories shut down. then ask yourself, what the hell could they be burning?

i know it was suggested they're burning bodies. i know Tencent leak was mentioned already. still, this thread gets more and more chaotic day after day, so i figured it could use a nudge. ignore all the naysayers, they'll just keep flooding you with distorted facts to "prove" their point.

focus, people.
edit on 5/2/2020 by jedi_hamster because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

I just want to say you’re doing a great job on this thread Agit8dChop.

Everyone else who is contributing , even those who disagree , are also making ATS feel like ATS again.

Thanks!

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   
How did I attack you, all I said was people come here for updates, yesterday and again today you are just spamming the thread, when you come on it turns into a debate constantly. I honestly thought it was for updates, I'll go elsewhere I thinks, cant be bothered with arguing

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

bnonews.com...

There are currently 27,602 confirmed cases worldwide, including 564 fatalities

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster

This is what DYING OUT or CONTAINMENT looks like. Today we're gonna get a lower % increase than yesterday, it's 16% now, gonna be around 18% once the China report comes in.

this is what complete BS looks like. i did catch up on this thread already, but in case someone's still catching up and comes across those, i prefer to explain in simple terms, since apparently noone did.

that graph is a manipulation. it's a growth rate. think of it as acceleration. when car's acceleration goes down, does it mean it's slowing down? of course not. it's just moving ahead with constant speed when the acceleration goes down to zero.

Today's increase is going to be 18% and the rate by which the number of confirmed cases increases is declining 1% per day.
Tomorrow 17%, then 16, 15, 14 and in 2 weeks it hits 0%, so 18 days from now the daily increase is going to be 0% = 0 new cases. What then? It has to top out at some point if it's not speeding up, but slowing down.

Instead of saying I'm an idiot, show me what's wrong with my calculations so both of us can be "aware".

0% daily increase of new cases DOES NOT EQUAL 0 new cases. it's a goddamn INCREASE.

once the increase of new cases goes down to zero, the number of new cases daily becomes constant, so the growth becomes linear. so far it isn't, it's exponential, as can be seen on every "infections per day" graph on the web available for this virus.

then comes this:

Netizens also noticed that each time the screen with the large numbers appears, it shows a comparison with the previous day's data which demonstrates a "reasonable" incremental increase, much like comparisons of official numbers. This has led some netizens to speculate that Tencent has two sets of data, the real data and "processed" data.

check out recent videos showing smog in Wuhan. in a city with virtually all the traffic stopped. with all factories shut down. then ask yourself, what the hell could they be burning?

i know it was suggested they're burning bodies. i know Tencent leak was mentioned already. still, this thread gets more and more chaotic day after day, so i figured it could use a nudge. ignore all the naysayers, they'll just keep flooding you with distorted facts to "prove" their point.

focus, people.

ARE YOU SH!TTING ME? SO TELL ME HOW MANY NEW CASES WOULD THERE BE TODAY IF THE INCREASE WAS 0 %?

THE % IS NOT HOW MUCH MORE THAN THE DAY BEFORE, BUT % INCREASE FROM GRAND TOTAL !!!!!!!! SO 1% INCREASE WOULD BE ~250 cases, 10% = 2500 CASES, 100% = 25000 and the fkn 0% increase means = 0.0000000 new cases so the number of TOTAL cases stays the same as yesterday....
edit on 5-2-2020 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I guess if you shoot people before testing them and immediately burn the corpse, you don’t have to add them to the figures.

4d bureaucracy from the Chinese Communist Party

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: KindraLaBelle

It was directed to you in general because you were the last post I clicked the link to in my inbox. That post was actually designed for like 10 other people including yourself.

For the record I will NOT be disagreeing with everyone just to be a #. I really don't have the time or energy any more for that type of pursuit.

And *IF* I had that much time I'd actually write a thread about other topics that interest me. I actually didn't plan to have 2 hours to post yesterday to begin with, it just sorta happened and I wasn't intending to post that many times. It was mostly responses to others arguing.

I posted all those responses because I was under attack from multiple angles and I get that "feeling" where I "need" to respond or else let go of it all. It's really difficult to "let go" when you know someone's wrong and you feel the need to tell them. It makes it worse when virtually everyone believes in the falsehood, because then I feel it's my duty to point out whats wrong with the belief.

In all honesty I quit ATS and left for months at a time multiple times in the last 10 years because I realized how much negative energy I collect by arguing with people here. And I also don't like being attacked personally and insulted, and I feel that respectful people shouldn't be doing that to me. If I wanted to be treated like crap I'd just get married again that way at least I'd get laid or something out of it, if I absolutely must suffer.

So many people are hateful and negative and willing to treat others very unfairly. And I don't believe I'm that bad about it, though I do recognize as a human being I do it too sometimes. I am trying my best NOT to harm others personally while debating heated topics like this or politics etc. I feel like several people here see common decency as a waste of time and they love trolling others just because negativity makes them feel better about themselves. I am definitely not that bad and if I ever was, which maybe I was I dunno, I hope to never ever be like that again.

People make it personal and deflect from the topic by focusing on the flaws or personality quirks of the poster themselves, label them for justification, and then proceed to treat them like garbage and gangbang them. I strongly request people think twice before treating others like crap and instead just focus on the debate and keep it there.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   
7 cases reported in north Korea

theqoo.net...

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   

People on ATS be like: hey look, exponential increase.

Despite adding less new cases than the day before, it's still exponential because that's the math on ATS.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   

You all good, Muzzy

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrose

Looking back on the bno news timeline, the number of cases in just Hubei have been slowly increasing for days with some fluctuations of course. I'm not sure how you say its decreasing...

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster

then comes this:

focus, people.

ARE YOU SH!TTING ME? SO TELL ME HOW MANY NEW CASES WOULD THERE BE TODAY IF THE INCREASE WAS 0 %?

THE % IS NOT HOW MUCH MORE THAN THE DAY BEFORE, BUT % INCREASE FROM GRAND TOTAL !!!!!!!! SO 1% INCREASE WOULD BE ~250 cases, 10% = 2500 CASES, 100% = 25000 and the fkn 0% increase means = 0.0000000 new cases so the number of TOTAL cases stays the same as yesterday....

You are WRONG.

You are talking about daily INCREASE in percentage. If increase in numbers on yesterday is 0% and yesterday there were 2000 new cases then today there are 2000 new cases.

You like to think you're smarter than everyone else but you aren't.

Suggest you go back to kindergarten and learn some maths.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Look, I've found the original website for Tencent's updates on the matter:

ncov.dxy.cn...

And here is my edit, following the simple HTML method and compared to the original "leak," the only difference being that they are using the mobile version of the website.

Notice that the "leak" doesn't show the map since it's harder to edit, if the numbers were 10x bigger, you would expect to see a lot more red in the map, since the "leaker" was unable to edit it on a quick job, he simply cropped the map out.

imgur.com...

Let's let that leak die already, we should be looking at how it is acting in other countries, since neither that photo or the CCP will provide real numbers.

new topics

top topics

<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join