It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Rogan gives support to Bernie

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   
My take:

As of this moment, Bernie is the candidate to beat. That scares the hell out of both democrats and republicans because a Trump v. Bernie race creates opportunities for too many questions aimed at people and powers that are fundamentally above questioning. If it looks like he has won the nomination, I expect the DNC elite will radicalize and go after him with tanks if they have to. Their golf-buddies in the RNC will be right behind them too. A legitimate debate between these principalities is forbidden. The risk of a Bernie presidency -- even without the support of either side in congress -- is simply too high for those who have spent a lifetime gaming what was once the perfect system.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Well , I do Enjoy his Interviews with Randal Carlson . Maybe getting Political is just Not his Bag.........

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Im just not sure what you would vision for Joe's podcast to become..What would you expect him to evolve into?

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Generation9

Ive listened to him a lot and not sure what you mean.. Anti-American, how? He says he's not the smartest person all the time and as a comedian i don't expect his opinions to be perfect... How does he muddy the waters? Ive learned a lot from his guests...

Ive found cool and interesting people to read/listen to through podcasts like Joe's and others.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Not sure if you're joking about joe being a commie, but no he's not
. He's more in the middle of the political spectrum i think. Maybe slightly more left.

He's had right-leaning guests like ben shapiro who i liked and learned a lot from. I think people want joe to be like wome fox news or cnn pundit that parots a particular political ideology.

We should stop calling people commies or fascists or other labels just because they don't fall into one's political beliefs.
edit on 3-2-2020 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Not sure if you're joking about joe being a commie, but no he's not
. He's more in the middle of the political spectrum i think. Maybe slightly more left. Im not sure, nor is it important IMO

No , I Disagree . A Mans Politics Defines who he Is . Who's Joe ?

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 12:26 AM
link   

That's ridiculous. My political beliefs have changed throughout my life and still do. Sticking to one party and being a political stone is the problem.

Saying politics defines a man is dangerous. Are all people who oppose your political beliefs lesser men?

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede

originally posted by: ColeYounger
a reply to: blueman12

I've heard Rogan say numerous times that he's a libertarian.
If this is true, then he would be opposed to pretty much everything Sanders espouses.

For some reason people put their blinders on with Bernie. He's a straight-up communist. Go look for videos of him praising Castro. He doesn't even hide his agenda and people who will claim to be conservative still think he is a viable alternative.

People just don't research anything themselves any more and rely on their feelings to fill in the gap.
You are right. Those average everyday Americans standing behind him in Iowa don’t have a clue they are standing for communism and a communist who promoted communist dictators in the past. They have no clue how unviable and unsustainable his plans are.
edit on 4-2-2020 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   

a reply to: Generation9

Ive listened to him a lot and not sure what you mean.. Anti-American, how? He says he's not the smartest person all the time and as a comedian i don't expect his opinions to be perfect... How does he muddy the waters? Ive learned a lot from his guests...

Ive found cool and interesting people to read/listen to through podcasts like Joe's and others.

Being cool and interesting is not enough. You have to know what you are talking about or what Sanders is talking about. Forbes magazine breaks down all the costs just of the Medicare for all plan alone ... and it’s not a pretty sight. Bernie has to know his plan is not sustainable. www.google.com... rly-bad-idea/amp/
Can you tell me why people believe that if the government pays for it, it’s not going to be carried by them the taxpayers ?
His Green New Deal is more craziness combining supposed claims for 20 million new jobs while promoting Green energy with sone kind of nutty social engineering including promising economic justice

A just transition for workers. This plan will prioritize the fossil fuel workers who have powered our economy for more than a century and who have too often been neglected by corporations and politicians. We will guarantee five years of a worker’s current salary, housing assistance, job training, health care, pension support, and priority job placement for any displaced worker, as well as early retirement support for those who choose it or can no longer work.
berniesanders.com...
That is even more insane ... that is as Big Government as it gets. Guaranteed Pension support ? Is that going to come by taxing the wealthiest at 90 %? That won’t even put a dent in the cost. His plans are so outrageous and yet his campaign presents them with such a silver tongue.
The Green part of it all is Climate Change propaganda from
Agenda 21, which is really a totalitarian world government plan to control every aspect of our lives and yes it does involve rationing.
If Joe supports Bernie, then he supports these plans.
edit on 4-2-2020 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
My take:

As of this moment, Bernie is the candidate to beat. That scares the hell out of both democrats and republicans because a Trump v. Bernie race creates opportunities for too many questions aimed at people and powers that are fundamentally above questioning. If it looks like he has won the nomination, I expect the DNC elite will radicalize and go after him with tanks if they have to. Their golf-buddies in the RNC will be right behind them too. A legitimate debate between these principalities is forbidden. The risk of a Bernie presidency -- even without the support of either side in congress -- is simply too high for those who have spent a lifetime gaming what was once the perfect system.
Is not Bernie also gaming the system ? How many houses does he have ? If he was truly going to be equitable and fair, why would he have multiple homes while people in San Francisco are homeless? He needs to walk his talk.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Yea.. That's why i don't take political candidates for president seriously. They promise everything without explaining how it will get done or how we will afford it.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I stopped watching Rogan when I heard his excuse for not believing in Bigfoot.

Now I have another reason to not watch him.
No to Bigfoot & Yes to Bernie?
More confirmation that Rogan is a dolt.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

But, they are not your average everyday Americans. They are overwhelmingly young people, who have been radicalized by University professors, demanding revolution and equality.

The only reason he is most likely going to win the Democratic nomination is that the democratic party is utterly corrupt and they have lost their way. There is no way in hell America becomes a communist nation. Ever.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

" Saying politics defines a man is dangerous. Are all people who oppose your political beliefs lesser men? "

No , they are not . People Mature over the course of their Lives , and their Thought Processes change from time to time . in Joe's case i just think he is a Little Naive about what Bernie Sanders is Peddling to the American Public right now . He will come around to that Deception Sooner or Later IMO ....

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Yea and some people ignore any negative things trump does but politics is just one aspect of someone. Many people form opinions on politics who barely do any research. Do their political opinions form a representation of who they are? No... In fact, many people barely spend anytime throughout their week thinking of politics.

Therefore, it's just silly to say politics define a man. Joe may or may not be misguided in his support of Bernie (although he likes other candidates too). That doesn't define him as he has a lot more to offer than occasional political opinions. Just like anyone else.

I think you're too invested in politics and therefore put judgement on others if they don't have your perception of politics. Maybe Joe is a little naive or uninformed when it comes to Bernie. But most of us are a little naive or uninformed on all sorts of various things. That doesn't make anyone less of a man.
edit on 4-2-2020 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: pexx421
Geez. Joe is a guy with a talk show. He’s not a nut, or a loonie. He’s not part of some vast conspiracy. He’s just a person. He also has a huge following because, guess what, plenty Americans find him and his show interesting and agree with him on many things.

How do you know Joe is not part of some vast conspiracy?

Please tell us how you can possibly know this?

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Generation9

originally posted by: pexx421
Geez. Joe is a guy with a talk show. He’s not a nut, or a loonie. He’s not part of some vast conspiracy. He’s just a person. He also has a huge following because, guess what, plenty Americans find him and his show interesting and agree with him on many things.

How do you know Joe is not part of some vast conspiracy?

Please tell us how you can possibly know this?

That’d be quite the half-assed conspiracy. The guy comes out and outright claims he doesn’t have all the answers, not once will he take an opinion and claim it as fact. He invites people of all walks of life on his show to have a discussion and while he may form an opinion based off those interviews, he still will always say, “I don’t know.” If it were any conspiracy, it would be one to make people think and form opinions for themselves. If that were a conspiracy, I’d have to support it because there’s not nearly enough of that happening these days.

I’ve seen people in this thread talking about big government, some of the same who have no problem allowing the government to decide what we can or can’t do with our bodies. That’s interesting to me. How much bigger does the government have to get? It’s already Big Government. It’s so big that many people spend all their free time posting on social media and forums like this discussing the government. It’s pervades nearly every aspect of our lives. How are we not already there? We’ve allowed it to grow to the point that it does whatever the hell it wants, despite how many people will fight over it. It’s only going to become BigGER Government, which is perfectly fine for either side as long as it fits within their belief system. The right would have no problem allowing the government to regulate anything they believed in just as the left would have no problem allowing the government to regulate anything they believed in.

It just seems silly to me to blame one side for urging on a bigger government when it’s already so massive and doing whatever the hell it wants to the point that pointing a finger at one side for allowing it to get bigger is a moot point. The right seem 100% fine with whatever our current president wants to do, if Trump came out on Twitter and said “I don’t like the way people text so much. I’m enacting a bill that will allow the federal government to regulate how often people send texts.”,there are some of his base that would perfectly fine with that. If we had a Democrat in office that came out and said “I don’t like it when people say the word “poop”, I’m working on a bill that will restrict the usage of such a foul word and anyone caught using it will have to pay a $150 fine.”, and I believe there are some on the left that would be perfectly fine with that. Obviously that’s hyperbolic, but I’m sure anyone reading this can understand what I’m getting at.

Regardless, I dig Joe’s show. I don’t watch every episode and I don’t live my life the way he lives his, but I thoroughly enjoy the open discussion he allows on it. I think occasionally he does things to trigger some people (vegans especially, they give him so many views whenever he says something against vegan-ism that I find it hilarious....and I’m vegan, I just don’t care what he does or thinks about it) for views, but I believe he gives everyone a fair shot on his show. I don’t think he tries to sway things in one direction or the other and I certainly don’t believe he wants to have any power to do so. He started doing podcasts before podcasts were a popular thing, which is why I believe his show has grown to the size it has. Even a #ty band will gain a following if they keep at it long enough, ya know?

It’s not like he’s a personality like Alex Jones or some newscaster sitting there telling you what to think or do or what to fear. Even if he did, he’d probably end the statement by saying “But what do I know? I’m a caveman. I don’t have all the answers.”

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Yea and some people ignore any negative things trump does but politics is just one aspect of someone. Many people form opinions on politics who barely do any research. Do their political opinions form a representation of who they are? No... In fact, many people barely spend anytime throughout their week thinking of politics.

Therefore, it's just silly to say politics define a man. Joe may or may not be misguided in his support of Bernie (although he likes other candidates too). That doesn't define him as he has a lot more to offer than occasional political opinions. Just like anyone else.

I think you're too invested in politics and therefore put judgement on others if they don't have your perception of politics. Maybe Joe is a little naive or uninformed when it comes to Bernie. But most of us are a little naive or uninformed on all sorts of various things. That doesn't make anyone less of a man.

Geez , Did you just Insult my Intelligence in a Round About Way ?.............LOL , I HOPE Not .............)
edit on 6-2-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

No i was arguing against your statement that politics makes a man...

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   

No i was arguing against your statement that politics makes a man...

Ah Yes , and you Haven't made a Definitive Point to Argue Against it Other than yet Another Opinion..........(

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join