It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Rogan gives support to Bernie

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 04:44 AM
link   

This is not an important topic but I thought this might be interesting to some..

Recently, Joe Rogan had Bernie on his podcast and said he is considering voting for him because he is one of the few people with a long consistent record. Now he's getting tons of backlash. Backlash from leftists who say he is a negative endorsement for Bernie Sanders and from his right-leaning fans. Seemingly more so from the far leftists who think he is transphobic, homophobic, or sexist.

He said, "I don't think i want anything to do with politics after this". I don't blame him. Politics have gotten very toxic. It's also interesting how joe rogan's podcast has gotten so huge that it has the ability to influence elections. I can't imagine having that many eyes on you and still trying to keep his style of an open relaxed conversation. Especially while high.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

I think it's known here that I would vote for anyone who isn't Trump.

But Bernie is a terrible choice. I'd rather vote for Joe Rogan.

Which is why Trump will win.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Admitted3

Maybe, i haven't really looked into bernie. I think rogan said he liked yang and tulsi too. I get his point about a consistent record being important.

I just thought the backlash was indicative of how silly and toxic politics have become. The only thing i watch now is world news because u.s. politics is exhausting.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Probably because Bernie is the candidate that most resembles someone who is on a '___' trip when they talk.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 05:39 AM
link   

He didn't endorse him, he said he MIGHT vote for him and PROBABLY will.
He DID say he liked both Tulsi and Yang.

Its not the politics thats messed up, its the way people and media spin it to make it fit their view without being unbiased.
Your title alone is clickbait....nobody endorsed anyone, you read the news and bought it.

The fact that you said this....

I think rogan said he liked yang and tulsi too.

Watch the video again.

What you just did....I saw that.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 05:52 AM
link   

I've heard Rogan say numerous times that he's a libertarian.
If this is true, then he would be opposed to pretty much everything Sanders espouses.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

If this is true, then he would be opposed to pretty much everything Sanders espouses.

For some reason people put their blinders on with Bernie. He's a straight-up communist. Go look for videos of him praising Castro. He doesn't even hide his agenda and people who will claim to be conservative still think he is a viable alternative.

People just don't research anything themselves any more and rely on their feelings to fill in the gap.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 06:34 AM
link   

A lot of people say they are Libertarian and don't even know what it means to be one. They'll switch from being Independent and Libertarian depending on what the topic is. What they usually mean to say is that they don't like either of the two major parties.

Libertarians are closer to being Anarchist in principle, but I think you may find that people who claim to be Libertarian don't like that association. So, it's a conundrum really.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

I agree with you except for the anarchist bit. (Ive heard the anarchist comparison before)

A true libertarian believes people should be socially responsible.
When people are responsible, less govt regulation is needed.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12 lmao a ex boxer who is famous for being high and interviewing fool's who are also high,how in the f*** is this in anyway relevant,because your trying to be a hip loser the world is doomed

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

I think joe does his homework.
Maybe your the one with blinders on?

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

A true libertarian believes people should be socially responsible.
When people are responsible, less govt regulation is needed.

And less law enforcement is needed which is where the anarchist part comes in.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1

A lot of people say they are Libertarian and don't even know what it means to be one. They'll switch from being Independent and Libertarian depending on what the topic is. What they usually mean to say is that they don't like either of the two major parties.

Libertarians are closer to being Anarchist in principle, but I think you may find that people who claim to be Libertarian don't like that association. So, it's a conundrum really.

I think you're kind of right about it being the default for people to kind of bow out from the two parties... But anarchist might be a bit hyperbolic.

Cole summed it up nice with personal responsibility. But if like to add that many just feel the federal government has gotten too big, and the other two parties only argue on which parts are too big.

Factions of the left want freebies, which nothing is free, and many are skeptical and rightfully so on if they could efficiently deliver... Spoiler alert, I don't think they can. As far as personal freedom, they're willing to be the thought police on things that offend people.

Factions of the right are totally fine with half asses "justified" expensive wars abroad, and the drug war at home. On personal freedom, many of the politicians from the right have wanted the government to be able to define marriage or if people can smoke a plant.

Notice I said factions, and to elaborate, I really mean politicians more than most of those they represent. Ironically much of the masses think a lot of the above should be enacted to the extreme.

I lean libertarian, but don't think they've developed a good core platform to start with, or get good politicians to sell it. Some believe in legalization of all drugs, I don't, but definitely think we need to restructure the justice system that sends a lot of offenders away longer on victimless crimes than some people who have victimized other citizens. People who go to prison do so at about 30,000 a year at tax payers expense.

If a libertarian came out and said the federal government is going to get cut back, spending reduced, powers restored to the constitution and citizens... I'd be all on board. If states want to have the initiative for more and their populace votes for it, cool... At least we are all left with options.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   
What utter bs. I am as far left as they go, and joe is the man. He is the number one podcaster in the world, and his show blows away all the msm talk shows as far as content, viewers etc. This is the problem with the dems and the left as well, a complete inability to organize and agree, and a constant need to attack their own party and shoot themselves in the foot. Rogan is the farthest thing from transphobic or racist, and identity politics is now pushed by all these niche citizens who have never watched a rogan show before, now their all experts while I, who have probably clocked a few hundred hours of watching “the experience” have no clue what I’m talking about.

Just another mainstream attempt to derail Bernie and the true progressive segment of the democratic candidate pool.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   
This whole thing is BS anyways, Joe himself says he isn't too deep into politics and considers himself a "f#ing moron" when it comes to politics, his words, not mine, sourced the first 5 mins of the OPs clip.

Funny Joe says Bernie has been consistant, so has Trump, you can go back as far as the late 80s, early 90s and see Trump say the same things, Joe is a bit wishy washy.

Admire him for the discussion and that's that.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
a reply to: blueman12 lmao a ex boxer who is famous for being high and interviewing fool's who are also high,how in the f*** is this in anyway relevant,because your trying to be a hip loser the world is doomed

Has anyone noticed the hysterical people (left or right, mostly left) write like this?

He's not even an ex boxer, dude. Perhaps you should educate yourself about him before going full retard?

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Admitted3

I think it's known here that I would vote for anyone who isn't Trump.

But Bernie is a terrible choice. I'd rather vote for Joe Rogan.

Which is why Trump will win.

Will all of your accounts also vote against Trump?

3 and counting in as many days. What's the deal?

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: pexx421

Yea it's sad they use his comedy against him to say he's bigoted.

As far as celebrities go, he's seems like a genuine kind human being.

He also hears out people from both sides. The dude understands nuance and can find common ground while still asking some real questions and will debate other things.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

It's not his comedy they use against him, they hate him because he speaks out against trans athletes competing against biological females. He is outspoken about how unfair it is, as well as unscientific.

Hence, he is labeled as a bigot by the Left.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462
a reply to: CriticalStinker

It's not his comedy they use against him, they hate him because he speaks out against trans athletes competing against biological females. He is outspoken about how unfair it is, as well as unscientific.

Hence, he is labeled as a bigot by the Left.

Which is hilarious. He's not even against trans people, just them competing with an edge.

But it points out some of the hypocrisy on the left. The same party that calls everyone misogynists calls people transphobic if they say biological men shouldn't be able to go into women's sports.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join