It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter Reacts to New York Magazine Calling Sausage Rolls 'Pigs in Blankets'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
a reply to: dug88

Looks like you are on the mend and you may be the first one of our American ATS membership I've managed to save.

American ATS membership.....
Sorry not quite. You'll have to keep trying. I'm Canadian eh.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   

To help some of you guys out.

Oh bloody hell mate, we need to have a chinwag, those aren't pigs in a blanket, not by American standards anyways. I'd still eat them though.

I smoke these up when I can or when I feel my heart can handle them, LOL. Sometimes I'll forgo the bacon for health reasons. They are pure bliss and always the first thing to disappear at a gathering.

I do Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage, my secret rub, Cream Cheese, Jalapeño's, Pineapple, Hatch chilis and wrapped with Bacon.

They're to die for literally!

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

Looks like you are on the mend and you may be the first one of our American ATS membership I've managed to save.

American ATS membership.....
Sorry not quite. You'll have to keep trying. I'm Canadian eh.

C-C-C-. . . . . Canadian?

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Listen, whatever any culutre wants to call pigs in a blanket, whether it be wrongly calling hog lips and anuses wrapped in bacon that or whether they correctly identify it as hog lips and anuses wrapped in biscuit dough really matters not. The important thing, truly, is that both the American and British cultures can agree that it is a wonderous thing, salted and seasoned hog lips and anuses stuffed into a hog intestine and then cooked until the intestine begins to split open, spewing forth the simmering juices that the delicious hog lips, anuses, and dare I even say hooves cooked in signifying the delicacy is cooked thouroughly and is ready to be consumed as a pig in a blanket (either named incorrectly as a bacon wrapped sausage or properly identified as a hot dog in golden browned biscuit dough.)
edit on 30-1-2020 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

LOL, Canadians think we're talking about their aunt on a chilly evening and wouldn't even know this is a food topic.
edit on 30-1-2020 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DietWoke
a reply to: Kurokage

It's spelled honor

and civilized.

Just kidding, OP

The French spelling centuries ago was honour, colour, armour, etc.

In America we use the original English forms, honor color armor etc.

Oh and by the way folks, the actual name for sausage wrapped in bacon is "obesity".

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6
Pretty sure I was the first to distinguish between the two way back on page one with pictures and everything. But ya know, Americans like to jump on in without ever knowing what the #s going on and prematurely blow their load everywhere while the rest of the world just kind of shakes their heads and rolls their eyes at the speshul little boy.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I am an old country person .
From a long line of old country folk.
I know of no one here that has not always called them "pigs in a blanket".
No matter what they are wrapped in.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   

a reply to: rickymouse

Now you're just making things up about the good old Cornish pasty being Russian 'cause ya feeling are all hurt over pigs in blankets and Americans trying to take credit for everything.
It was sometimes made one side savoury and one side sweet and the crust was the way it was for holding and would be thrown away after by the Cornish tin-miners.

I went and researched it again, and I guess that the pasty I am talking about that is older than the English pasty was more like a pie with an open top than the pasty was. It was older, but was not sealed like the cornish pasty was. An article stated that the person who was supposedly credited with the pasty creation got the idea from elsewhere. It may have even been that the French were ahead of the korelians in making this. A lot of sailors shared the findings around that area, and they say that the english guy who officially got credit for it was involved in shipping trade. I remember reading somewhere that the earliest finding was over a thousand years ago in korelia. But I cannot find that article. All of the areas were connected by ships traveling all over. so it may be almost impossible where the idea originated. There was a similar meat pie in areas of france about the times that there was in The russian area which is now part of Russia but at one time for a while was it's own country. and for a while part of Finland..

So, actually we never will really know where it originated from, but the English will take credit for inventing things. It was common practice for a thousand years. You see, the person who actually markets something gets credit for creating it. Most inventions even today are patented by people who borrowed the idea from someone else's invention.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Stick a weiner in some dough, it's a pig in a blanket
Wrap a weiner with some bacon, it's a bacon wrapped weiner.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: AutomateThis1

Put a Weiner in cuffs and he's going to have a hard time.

Give a Weiner a computer and you have a conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Sarcasm... I know it's a thing in Canada same as the US, so you cant use lack of exposure as an excuse for why it flew right over your head.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

That would also work for a topping over Prairie Oysters!

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I cannot believe that this guy wandered from Huma. She's a smoking hottie. He must have been into role playing dress up and she wasn't into to that. "Carlos Danger"

Then again any guy wandering around under the guise of "Carlos Danger" reminds me of "little smokies" in the supermarket. That could explain Humas situation.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Huma is a little long in the tooth for Weiner.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Ouch

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
a reply to: Kurokage

Sausage rolls are different than pigs in blankets as far as I always knew. Sausage rolls are usually fully wrapped in pastry whereas the things i've had called pig in a blanket were only half wrapped with more of a croissant style bread rather than pastry.

Sausage roll

Pig in a blanket

Not the same dish....

any pork wrapped in dough is a pig in a blanket. LOL

Your second image is most likely a beef hotdog, so that would be a cow in a comforter not a pig in a blanket
edit on 31-1-2020 by jidnum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Link to an horrific story!
I'm 46 years old and every pig in a blanket that I have ever eaten was surrounded by bread.

What is it with Americans and their ability for consistently pissing the rest of the world off? Today's offence may be the worst of all and has set back UK/US relations more than the recent Huawei furore.

Once again demonstrating that they know nothing about the food they're co-opting from other countries, and not even taking the time to at least get the names right, the latest slight comes courtesy of New York Magazine on Twitter, calling sausage rolls pigs in blankets.

Is it time we cut all ties with America?
These people seem to have no honour! How dare they insult a food of the gods created in this wondrous land. A civilised people would/should know the difference between a sausage roll and pigs in blankets. A sausage roll is surrounded with pastry whilst a pig in blanket is a mini sausage surrounded by bacon.
I believe Americans may have been infiltrated by isis or some even worse terrorist organisation and we need to show them the evil of there ways.
I'm here to ask all our British ATS members to start a campaign to save these poor lost souls.
Send as many Cumberland sausages and ready made puff pastry as you can to any American ATS member and also help me build a Greggs franchise to speedily re-educate them on how to properly use pork and that can show them what a sausage roll should look like! Wish me luck.
For Britannia and pork!!!

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: jidnum

This is completely the opposite to what I'm saying! There is no dough in a pigs in blankets, its a sausage wrapped in bacon, that's it.
If there's dough it's a sausage roll!
edit on 1-2-2020 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join