It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter Reacts to New York Magazine Calling Sausage Rolls 'Pigs in Blankets'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kocag
a reply to: Kurokage

I happen to live in the U.S.A. myself. I really don't care what you call them. After reading this I find myself looking towards the kitchen.

Kocag

Save your soul, go and make a real pigs in blankets!!

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I blame the upcoming brexit for the confusion.
Hopefully spotted dick in a can will still be available.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
a reply to: DBCowboy

Do you guys even know what bubble and squeak is? And by putting jellied eels in the same sentence, I'm starting to think maybe you're a deep cover member of MI6 from the east-end of London posing as an American ATS member??

I'm onto you DB.

I'm as American as apple pie!

You have impugned my honour and coloured me in a most disfavourable light good sir!

Ummm. . . . I mean, 'Merka, hell yeah!

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TexasTruth
Pork around pork is pigs in a blanket?
I think not. Look at the sausage in a croissant, it looks like a comfy blanket.
They have been called that my whole life.
Ahrg!! English!! This is ‘Merica, we all have guns and will call them what we want.

Double porkiness is what a pigs in blanket is called and we have sharpened sporks to help you 'Mercians eat them.
If you can't handle a real pigs in blanket and using a froggy croissant, then put down that fire-arm before you do yourself some damage.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
I blame the upcoming brexit for the confusion.
Hopefully spotted dick in a can will still be available.

If you want to put that in a can then who am I to say it's better to make your own, at least you're trying.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to: DBCowboy

I'm as American as apple pie!

I'm really sorry to tell you this DB but that's also British, the shock and horror you must be feeling right now, I'm here for you DB.
Your cover is truly blown.

edit on 30-1-2020 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I just call them Puppy Peters, I have for years.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   
When I was a kid if we went to IHOP after church on Sunday I always got the Pigs in Blankets. It was a sausage rolled up in a pancake and sprinkled with powdered sugar. Haven't been in a long time don't know if it's still on the menu. That was in the early 70's.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: recrisp

I just call them Puppy Peters, I have for years.

What the........???

Some one has to name those Frankenstein creations you Americans call pigs in blankets something I suppose.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61
When I was a kid if we went to IHOP after church on Sunday I always got the Pigs in Blankets. It was a sausage rolled up in a pancake and sprinkled with powdered sugar. Haven't been in a long time don't know if it's still on the menu. That was in the early 70's.

Now that is just completely wrong. Is the IHOP owned by maybe a satanic cult?

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   

a reply to: dug88

Pigs in blankets are wrapped carefully and lovingly in a blanket of bacon. Doubling up on the porky goodness.

Ummm...you...you...

Nah...doesn't quite have the same flavor as...

YouSir are an...

So...I was going to completely cover a prime rib roast with bacon...

Granted...it's only lowly beef covered in bacony goodness...

Does that make up for the faux pas of my other post...?

YouSir

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
As long as you allow me to taste this for you then YouSir are a Gentleman.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   
To help some of you guys out.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I grew up calling "cabbage rolls with rice and meat pigs in the blanket"

I found out that they are not called pigs in the blanket by most people, that was just a local name for them.

I learned it does not make any difference what you call them if they taste good. If they don't taste good I call them a multitude of names.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

As long as you allow me to taste this for you then YouSir are a Gentleman.

Ummm...certainly...or at the very least...you could vicariously appreciate the delicious beefy porky goodness...as I drool bucket...mouth wateringly describe such gustatory perfection...

After...the feast...natch...

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

learned it does not make any difference what you call them if they taste good. If they don't taste good I call them a multitude of names.

The name of a food calls up certain images. That's why so many now are region specific or protected. The Cornish pasty or the drink Champagne, or certain French cheeses come to mind but the porky goodness of the sausage roll or pigs in blankets shouldn't be banded about like this.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Well I learned something today. I never knew that pigs in a blanket were basically a sausage inside a dough twist or a bacon wrapped sausage.

I grew up in a old country culture rich family here in USA. Heck our tomato spaghetti sauce recipe is from the 1820's. Our Great Great Grandma "Bopcha" used to make chicken. Yes she raised the free range non GMO raised chickens in the back yard. That was until we ate them so she took matters into her own hands with a hatchet in the basement. All we know is what we know and this was what we know about pigs in the blanket:

Polish Cooking, Gołąbki, Stuffed Cabbage, Pigs In A Blanket

Polish Cooking, Gołąbki, Stuffed Cabbage, Pigs In A Blanket

edit on 30-1-2020 by Waterglass because: yypo

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Well I learned something today. I never knew that pigs in a blanket were basically a sausage inside a dough twist or a bacon wrapped sausage.

So you haven't really learnt anything today then, a sausage in a "dough twist" isn't a pigs in blankets, it some bastardisation monster that lacks that double porky goodness. The "blanket" is a good quality bacon that lovingly covers the "pig". There's no dough is this equation just pork sausage+bacon=heavenly goodness.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Yes, but the old world polish recipe is more green than yours as it contains less meat, rice, cabbage [NO FLOUR] and we use less CO2! However, I do recall that the after meal CO2 out gassing may be extreme so yours may be ahead!

Its Green!!!
edit on 30-1-2020 by Waterglass because: added

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   
....Cripe..... F the f'n f's...... you have gone too far. get out'a here, this is America the Baddest Country in the world that can kick your crying _ss clear down the road to Oblivion into dust gone....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join