It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard Professor & Two Chinese Nationals arrested for trying to smuggle "Biological Material"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Ok this is just plain disturbing. With all the Wuhan Coronavirus stuff happening this has to be more than a coincidence.

Chemistry Department Head Charles Lieber was paid directly by the Wuhan Institute of Technology.

One of the Chinese Nationals attempted to smuggle 21 vials of Biological Material onto the flight.

Can't make this stuff up!

Source 1

Source 2

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Ye is in China and won't come back of course, she is a LT in the Peoples Liberation Army, she was snooping on Military websites and going through sensitive data on critical research, she is a real deal spy and got away scott free, the upside is, she is identifiable and can't come back.

Zheng on the other hand has been detained here in the States, so one fishy caught.

As for the Professor, give him the chair.

Under Trump, the initiative to capture these criminals is priority.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Isn't the timing hugely suspicious!? What were they smuggling and what is the connection to the nCov19?

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Seek_Truth

From You; "Ok this is just plain disturbing." That's No $ !t!! This is all We need. Being Sarcastic of course. But this does bring to mind that Very Possibly this is NOT the only case of this! For everyone caught doing such a thing, there could be, and Probably is, many others that haven't been caught. Yet!
ETA: YES the Timing is VERY Suspicious!!
edit on 28-1-2020 by SyxPakSyx because: Fixed Spell'n

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seek_Truth
Ok this is just plain disturbing. With all the Wuhan Coronavirus stuff happening this has to be more than a coincidence.

Chemistry Department Head Charles Lieber was paid directly by the Wuhan Institute of Technology.

One of the Chinese Nationals attempted to smuggle 21 vials of Biological Material onto the flight.

Can't make this stuff up!

Source 1

Source 2

was gonna call bullchit but your second source and a little google research show it is likely true. WTF is going on it's too coincidental for my conspiracy mind. Possibly Chinese nationals wanting this to get out of hand to topple the government? Or more likely just a money grab..

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Seek_Truth

Not even the tip of the iceberg. China has "students" and "workers" in just about every county in the world. Propriety properties and data flow into China on a daily basis and has been going on for years.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I was just thinking that this was planned from along time ago, this outbreak to coincde with 100 years since Spanish flu, although couple years late

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

If they wanted to topple our Government, wouldn't they have started the Virus spread Here First? I dunno, but I agree with You in that My Conspirital Mind has kicked into OverDrive!

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Well that’s just great, of course there are others who weren’t caught. Don’t universities top out at BSL3? But even those people should be getting a background check before they get access, at least until somebody starts feeding samples....

I don’t see BSL2 samples causing an issue, BSL3 samples, those get the feds involved and they go through everything, even if a vial or animal is miscounted and it’s not an actual issue. Plus they should have card access and video camera evidence.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Look at some of these studies, not what I expected to see, tons of nanotechnology studies, probes, recording devices at the micro level, nano wires, neuron repair, lol nanoprobes. Cool stuff, that would be of interest to many people, I wonder what the samples contained.

cml.harvard.edu...

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   
This Coronavirus Wuhan thing is getting worse everyday.

I'd put those vials in this guy #$$.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

So.... BSL3 is where research is done on SARS, MERS, Coronavirus.

Wuhan University of Technology is who Lieber was working for. They currently have a BSL3, and a BSL4 is in construction.

State Key Laboratory of Virology at the Wuhan University of Technology STUDIES CORONAVIRUSES.

State Key Website

NIH Guidelines for Research

There is no way this isn't connected.

edit on 02America/ChicagoAmerica/Chicagok_31Tue, 28 Jan 2020 13:38:02 -06000000003101 by Seek_Truth because: clarification

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPakSyx
a reply to: putnam6

If they wanted to topple our Government, wouldn't they have started the Virus spread Here First? I dunno, but I agree with You in that My Conspirital Mind has kicked into OverDrive!

If you're using a virus as a biological weapon, I don't think it matters where you begin.

Perhaps they started in China to throw off the scent that it was done on purpose. Perhaps they want to thin out their own population a bit.

Or... Could have been just containment gone bad, which I think it may be.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   
'lieber'

of course he was a spy

lmfao.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I would like to have this reported on our national evening news, and investigated asap and do a dateline special asap.
These are the type of stories we need to hear and learn more about.
One of the things I really like about ATS is there are so many contributors reporting events and crimes that I would never have known had it not been for my ATS readings.

originally posted by: Arnie123
Ye is in China and won't come back of course, she is a LT in the Peoples Liberation Army, she was snooping on Military websites and going through sensitive data on critical research, she is a real deal spy and got away scott free, the upside is, she is identifiable and can't come back.

Zheng on the other hand has been detained here in the States, so one fishy caught.

As for the Professor, give him the chair.

Under Trump, the initiative to capture these criminals is priority.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
It’s crazy, one student was arrested December 10th:

Harvard Medical Researcher Allegedly Attempted to Smuggle Cancer Research to China

Zheng tried to smuggle vials of specimens out of the country in a sock packed in his suitcase, according to the Boston Globe.

Zheng’s arrest comes shortly after the National Institutes of Health and the FBI have begun launching investigations into Chinese scientists and researchers who have purportedly stolen research from the United States for the Chinese government.

the school had formed two new oversight committees in response to NIH inquiries into potential “academic espionage” by faculty members at American universities. One of the Harvard committees is tasked with reviewing sensitive research projects; the other is examining Faculty of Arts and Sciences policies to ensure the school complies with guidelines

Though Zheng stated that no one else was aware of the incident, he told authorities that he replicated 11 vials based on Zhang Tao’s research at Beth Israel over a period of two to three months, per the affidavit. Eventually, he told officers he planned to take the vials to his lab at Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hospital and publish a paper in his name

The precise contents of the vials that CBP found in Zheng’s bag remain unknown

He replicated unknown biological material that he was going to take back to China.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The other student is from Boston University:

Chinese People’s Liberation Army lieutenant, Yanqing Ye, assessed US military websites, researched professors while studying at Boston University, federal authorities say

Ye applied for a J-1 visa application to conduct research at the Department of Physics, Chemistry and Biomedical Engineering Center of Polymer Studies at Boston University.

Supervisors in China instructed Ye to conduct research, assess U.S. military websites and send U.S. documents to China.

Ye is accused of lying to investigators about her activities. Devices seized from Ye showed she accessed U.S. military websites, researched U.S. military projects and compiled information for the PLA on two U.S. citizens with expertise in robotics and computer science

Ye used “WeChat” to talk to co-conspirators. During one conversation there was a discussion about a research paper focused on a “risk assessment model designed to assist the PLA in deciphering data for military applications,” authorities said.

Other conversations via “WeChat” involved Ye sending links about U.S. military’s surface force strategy.

She was directly researching professors and experts in the field with ties to the military. That’s crazy, imagine how much data was taken before the investigations started.

I still can’t believe that department chair was involved so deeply as well, what else will they dig up....

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   
If this IS tied to the outbreak, then if there’s still questions about the virus then at least we could sooner know what exactly it is and how dangerous it is.

The flipside is that it’s possibly likely to be worse than we thought.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: boomerdude

Not even the tip of the iceberg. China has "students" and "workers" in just about every county in the world. Propriety properties and data flow into China on a daily basis and has been going on for years.

Has anyone ever stopped to think who the students are ? Coming to a foreign country to study cost money. Who in China can afford to send their kids overseas and pay their bills. Mostly only those who are in the Chinese Communist Party, who have favor and are able to siphon off money with political pats on the back. Skip to 8:15 or listen to the entire disturbing video; which I recommend. youtu.be...

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: firesnake

I don’t think it is, one heck of a coincidence though, who knows. The guy he supposedly stole or replicated the vials from works for the department of pathology, he’s co author on some neurological studies.

You never know, with my luck recently, I’ll wake up tomorrow and find out some man made self replicating synthetic nanovirus, that somehow rewrites it’s own genetics depending on the host is reaping havoc all over the planet.....and zombies, or aliens.

On a serious note, if they are stealing all this stuff, and bringing it back to these up and coming research centers in China, who says they couldn’t have dropped a sample somewhere. Ive seen labs do it here with stuff that should be counted each time they enter and leave a room, they always feign ignorance and pretend they didn’t know and it’s sitting on the ground broken open.
edit on 28-1-2020 by TheAMEDDDoc because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join