It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard Professor & Two Chinese Nationals arrested for trying to smuggle "Biological Material"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAMEDDDoc
It’s crazy, one student was arrested December 10th:

Harvard Medical Researcher Allegedly Attempted to Smuggle Cancer Research to China

Zheng tried to smuggle vials of specimens out of the country in a sock packed in his suitcase, according to the Boston Globe.

Zheng’s arrest comes shortly after the National Institutes of Health and the FBI have begun launching investigations into Chinese scientists and researchers who have purportedly stolen research from the United States for the Chinese government.

the school had formed two new oversight committees in response to NIH inquiries into potential “academic espionage” by faculty members at American universities. One of the Harvard committees is tasked with reviewing sensitive research projects; the other is examining Faculty of Arts and Sciences policies to ensure the school complies with guidelines

Though Zheng stated that no one else was aware of the incident, he told authorities that he replicated 11 vials based on Zhang Tao’s research at Beth Israel over a period of two to three months, per the affidavit. Eventually, he told officers he planned to take the vials to his lab at Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hospital and publish a paper in his name

The precise contents of the vials that CBP found in Zheng’s bag remain unknown

He replicated unknown biological material that he was going to take back to China.

Looks like they might have found the cure and want to be named for it like all other inventors who tried to steal inventions. This is really suspicious. Maybe US/Corporations in US already have a cure for it.

Quote: "Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center".

Has ties with Israel too.

edit on 28-1-2020 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

I hope you’re right, the timing is sudden whereas these investigations usually take a while to track and process.
Not great hearing how the Zheng guy travelled with the vial in a sock in his luggage. Crazy.
edit on 28/1/2020 by firesnake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

This media outlet is reporting that researchers already have a vaccine but will take at least a year to complete human trials.

Source

We are in it for the long haul I’m afraid.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   

NIH also asked Harvard about Mr. Lieber’s affiliation with Wuhan that same year, the complaint said. After interviewing Mr. Lieber, Harvard told NIH in January 2019 that Mr. Lieber had no formal affiliation with Wuhan after 2012 and that he had never participated in the Thousand Talents Program, even though Mr. Lieber had a formal relationship with the university through 2017, the complaint said.

So, Harvard asks Lieber if he was affiliated with Wuhan, and he says "no", so then Harvard tells NIH Lieber is not affiliated. Sheesh!

Maybe it's time Harvard starts getting fined...big fines for lack of due diligence.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: firesnake

It’s crazy, some whack job could’ve dumped biological material at market sites in the city. I don’t think it’s weapons grade or like some of the twitter or 4chan sources say it could be some type of extremist activity. Here I go changing my beliefs a bit, I’m trying to be rational about it but we’re not a rational species.

One of the reasons I love this site, I see stuff on here days or weeks before it’s on the news. Logically, the outbreak is behaving like an early epidemic/pandemic with a low mortality rate. I just hope the official numbers we are seeing are accurate and they aren’t trying to cover up issues with how they initially handled it and trying to prevent panic which will just increase the rate it’s able to spread.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Seek_Truth

That’s interesting if true, and surprisingly fast because most intranasal vaccines are attenuated or “live” weakened virus bred in animal cells so they reproduce at significantly depleted rates in humans. Grants better immunity but doesn’t do much for the vulnerable immunocompromised population.

They’ll have to rely on herd immunity and hope the healthy immunized population do not pass it to immunocompromised or immunosuppressed populations. They’ll need significant amounts of vaccine for it to work reliably, I don’t see them having those numbers in a year.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   

The dynastic cycle explains a lot.

The true scale of it is being covered up. The response is indicative of an enormous outbreak.

Dynastic Cycle Explained

Stratfor

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   

That’s interesting, I thought they were working to become more progressive, but different cultures could be very alien to one another.

On another note, it makes a possible conflict with them much more dangerous.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seek_Truth

So.... BSL3 is where research is done on SARS, MERS, Coronavirus.

Wuhan University of Technology is who Lieber was working for. They currently have a BSL3, and a BSL4 is in construction.

State Key Laboratory of Virology at the Wuhan University of Technology STUDIES CORONAVIRUSES.

State Key Website

NIH Guidelines for Research

There is no way this isn't connected.

Before Pharmacy I worked on free virus samples of HIV and SIV in a BSL3 lab studying certain strains (clades), and potential for a vaccine. This was about 2 decades ago, and at that time, there was very lax security procedures. there was a password door to the liquid nitrogen tank storage area (tanks were not locked when you get in there, that contained free virus). The lab itself just had 2 strong locks, passkey protected, but almost everyone in the department knew the code and so many people were in and out of there doing work on their projects.
edit on pm11202020America/Chicago28p06pm by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

originally posted by: SyxPakSyx
a reply to: putnam6

If they wanted to topple our Government, wouldn't they have started the Virus spread Here First? I dunno, but I agree with You in that My Conspirital Mind has kicked into OverDrive!

If you're using a virus as a biological weapon, I don't think it matters where you begin.

Perhaps they started in China to throw off the scent that it was done on purpose. Perhaps they want to thin out their own population a bit.

Or... Could have been just containment gone bad, which I think it may be.

Okay...this wayyyyyy out there but didn't lil Kim promise a x-mas present?

Peace

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

It sounds similar to how we work, we do have electronic locks everywhere, 5 just to get into the space with keycards, the storage and incubators all lock, they’re only locked with samples. Video cameras on every entrance and exit door to every room. Once staff are vetted, they can go in and out. If you have someone doing shady stuff, it’s going to take at least 24 hours to notice.

BSL3 also has two categories, standard less stringent like HIV, meningitis, or encephalitis strains and then select agents which are your potentially nasty respiratory strains. All are monitored by government agencies and select agent requires a generic security clearance.

Once you’re in it’s fairly easy to get and modify or grow samples. Plus labs are notorious for taking shortcuts to save time.

Maybe it’s time to increase security protocols.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPakSyx
a reply to: putnam6

If they wanted to topple our Government, wouldn't they have started the Virus spread Here First? I dunno, but I agree with You in that My Conspirital Mind has kicked into OverDrive!

No I mean the Chinese government unless they are pro CCP obviously pure speculation but this is why you can't trust anybody that has access to anything secret LOL. The guy was supposedly getting 50 grand a month plus 150 grand expenses, throw that kind of jack around some unethical people are gonna bite

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Okay...this wayyyyyy out there but didn't lil Kim promise a x-mas present?

Ouch. I totally forgot about that. Ok... Now this gets my gears going. Did they do anything in December?

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Could this be a preemptive biological attack on China for its technology theft ?

China refused US assistance, do they know something?

China biggest problem is it’s population

It is also the USAs biggest problem, and globalist big techs greatest attraction for low wage slave labour factories and markets

We’re these spies trying to smuggle back antidotes or evidence ?

Food for thought tin foil hat off

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: boomerdude

Not even the tip of the iceberg. China has "students" and "workers" in just about every county in the world. Propriety properties and data flow into China on a daily basis and has been going on for years.

That's not the half of it.

In order to do business in China, you have to give up trade secrets, proprietary information. And as soon as they figure out how to knock off what you do, they kick you out in favor of their cheap, state-produced alternative.

So yeah, China has a huge market, but you only can dip your fingers in it until they can figure out how to rip you off.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Ye is in China and won't come back of course, she is a LT in the Peoples Liberation Army, she was snooping on Military websites and going through sensitive data on critical research, she is a real deal spy and got away scott free, the upside is, she is identifiable and can't come back.

Zheng on the other hand has been detained here in the States, so one fishy caught.

As for the Professor, give him the chair.

Under Trump, the initiative to capture these criminals is priority.

Wow, thanks for the low down.

These people could have had a nice life if they
had just taught basic principles of hygiene and
food safety.

Most of the diseases that plague humans come
from animals, so its just a basic common sense
thing. Unless of course, they came from a bio
weapon.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 05:11 AM
link   
this tail read like :

" send in teh clowns "

FFS - it was 2019 - and the idiots are attempting to smuggal crap on commercial airlines - "hidden " in thier socks

these muppets are SUPPOSED to be chinese trained spies working with a freaking ivy league professor

and " hide in en my sock " - is the best plan they can devise ??????????????????????//

as i say - send in teh clowns

i cannot think of a worse plan - most of my plans - are a lot more expensive than this idiocy - but hey - you get what you pay for

maybe i should apply to chinese military " intelligence " to be a consultant - and dispenser of common sense

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Or they could hit a more interesting target.

www.miamiherald.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

They all need to swing by the neck for this.

They attempted to deploy a biological weapon against us and that's a WMD. Our response should be nuclear. WMD met with WMD.

A massive surprise first strike would overwhelm their underwhelming and unimpressive armed forces. 2-3 minutes for SLBMs to reach the heathens

Why are we still letting them in this country? They're all agents of communism and disruptive dangerous threats.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Sadly any moron that can do cell cultures can acquire a viral agent. If they have any familiarity with that field, they could even modify it's properties with some computer program

Scary! Their constant theft/copying us is reason enough to take them out before they get a chance to do it to us first. Which they will because history has shown they are NOT to be trusted in any way under any circumstances

They re communists and therefore liars by default

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join