It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For those of you wanting a change or are frustrated take a look at who you elected

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I am a Youtube addict and enjoy many things on the site for both educational and entertainment purpose. Recently I have been watching many of the city council meetings from around the country and it was really eye opening at the amount of disrespect and arrogance going on at the local government. I have been to a few of my city meetings and besides some of the interesting citizen comments have remained pretty tame. For most of us this level of Government is the closest to us and can be the most impactful.

If I had any advice to people regardless of what side of the aisle you are on please attend some meetings and take a look at your local government and see who is representing you and where your money is going. Regardless of what level it is at our governmental system is really at an odds. Get out and vote and get your voice heard because from what I am seeing you are not going to get a voice in between elections.
edit on 26-1-2020 by Charliebrowndog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Charliebrowndog

Some details of what you have observed would help.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I work in local govt and know what you mean.

People are getting frustrated at lack of progress and improvement. Unfortunately those things cost money.

And many locales are trying to get things done while not raising taxes or raise the taxes minimally.

Definitely years and years and bad policy by politicians is catching up with some areas. Living beyond one’s means isn’t solely the domain of consumers. Many local govt are doing it.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

He's saying to attend meetings and make your own observations. Don't rely on someone else to do it for you.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

Thank you. I understand what he said. I was looking for an example or two as to what he has discovered.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

If you want to go to a place where the first amendment is subjective .

Go to a town council meeting .

We’ve all seen the videos of people being arrested, dragged off or tased .

I just about got arrested once and ended up banned from all future meetings.

Apparently they didn’t like my opinion . Lol

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:27 PM
link   
You must be dangerously and tragically bored...

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Charliebrowndog
Dude, I spent years with my first two boys watching local city council and county commissioner meetings, hearings and public dialogue on the antenna. I loved it. Then for a few years it did not show up on antenna anymore. I remember commercials from local service providers about certain channels not being available after a date if agreements could not be reached.

Even ran into a couple council members at my old job because I recognized them from these meetings. I appreciate the reminder. We recently rescanned a new antenna we got for our second TV and I noticed a county meeting on rezoning. I find those to be my favorite because I also usually get to see the owners of new businesses getting ready to break ground in town.

Many cities have their own YouTube channel and will show you new places to dine and have fun. I love my City of Tampa. You should visit some time, the whole area is vibrant with activities and culture.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Charliebrowndog Sure genius like the public had a choice,the government owns the media,Trump was created there ,just like all the fake bull# we were taught in school,we are screwed and you can resist but may be fatal,choices will need to be made

new topics

top topics

join