It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice on N95face respirators please.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

No price either. May be out of my price range.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MissBeck

No worries. They are recommended kit and used in emergencies by UK intel/Special Forces when handling suspected biological weapons abroad but that's mainly due to stealth rather than effectiveness as it's more important they get the job done/eliminate the threat than survive afterwards - for some reason I've always known/referred ti them as NP95 but turns out the title is right and it's N95.

Do a lot of woodwork myself and screwfix have the cheapest and effective N95 (£10) and worked with PTSD ex-SF guys hence the above knowledge. It's possible to buy ex Swedish Special Forces NBC Kit (uniform lined with carbon), gasmask and decontamination beltkit for under £50, which is just a tenner more than a lot of shops sell N95 masks for.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissBeck
a reply to: Chance321

So are you saying the N95 requirement is a must then? I understand the 95 means 95% effective?

A surgical or dust mask would work just fine. I hear it can contaminate your eyes too so I would also go with safety glasses.

N95 is kind of going overboard. Besides... Those things are NOT easy to breathe through. You'll feel like your suffocating and if you wear it wrong, there would be no point anyways.

You only need to prevent the virus or a particle carrying the virus from getting in your mouth, nose or eyes. A sergical mask and glasses could very easily stop that.

Now... if it's something more that can go through your skin... You'd need a whole suit and facemask. In a situation like that... Unless you live in an army surplus store and started prepping a month ago in a sealed room... You might have a chance.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I just have M3 masks, read somewhere they protect about 50%.

There is one thing better then a mask though : train yourself to not touch your face! at all! with anything...unless you just washed your hands with a disinfectant. If you can't do that your expensive mask will become contaminated in no time and looses the little value it has

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: KindraLaBelle
I just have M3 masks, read somewhere they protect about 50%.

There is one thing better then a mask though : train yourself to not touch your face! at all! with anything...unless you just washed your hands with a disinfectant. If you can't do that your expensive mask will become contaminated in no time and looses the little value it has

Two should do it then

Worst case, it'll be a hot summer without the AC running in a taped up sealed house

3M will do just fine as long as you're actually covering all open spaces so you don't breath it in. Bed sheet would probably do just a well.

Hmmm..... Bed sheets over the vents... May not be such a hot summer after all.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Just bought me a 6 pack this morning surprisingly cheap should buy more If this virus goes haywire they will be hard to get .

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

It's possible to buy ex Swedish Special Forces NBC Kit (uniform lined with carbon), gasmask and decontamination beltkit for under £50, which is just a tenner more than a lot of shops sell N95 masks for.

Thanks for that! I've just had a wonderful 10 mins browsing an ex-military shopping website. If only money wasn't an issue. That was just one I looked at. Off to look for more.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Dont forget rubber gloves it can be transferred from door handles , gas pumps and such .

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
Besides... Those things are NOT easy to breathe through. You'll feel like your suffocating and if you wear it wrong, there would be no point anyways.

You only need to prevent the virus or a particle carrying the virus from getting in your mouth, nose or eyes. A sergical mask and glasses could very easily stop that.

Yes, I hate wearing the basic ones at work to be honest, but, if needs must at some point. I have the glasses covered.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: KindraLaBelle

Excellent advice. Thank you. I must admit, I am a face toucher. Only my own though.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

Yep, I have the gloves already as well. It's just those darn masks. Always seemed like overkill to stock them in my kit. Will get that remedied.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I can see this mad flu hysteria getting somewhat out of hand.

Cover me, boys. I'm going in.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Homefree

Well if it's a lads one you're after.

edit on 25-1-2020 by andy06shake because: Last pic may have breached TnC or possibly offended.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   

You pair are as mad as march hares! Love it!

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Just go to the hospital and have a reasonable priced lunch in the cafeteria, they have machines all over that have free masks in them. That is my advice.

My granddaughter gets a few everytime she goes in for an appointment for herself or for her daughter. They have them available for people to put on to limit the spread of diseases now, good idea actually.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Oooh, but the first one is kind of sexy and the second one appears that the guy has a full protection condom on.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Well if it's a lads one you're after.

That reminds me of my grandpa in his full body long john underwear that covered his whole body and had a trap door in the back and an opening in the front. It protected him from illness, the smell kept people far away and flu viruses were repelled by the odor. He only took a bath once every two weeks, and did not like to wash clothes, so put them right back on sometimes.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Thank you for the suggestion. Not sure they do that in the UK, but to be honest, I try to avoid hospitals full stop. My elderly neighbour goes to hospital weekly so I'll ask her to keep an eye out and grab some if they do.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

It was a whole lot more repulsive before i somewhat added the trapdoor. LoL

But aye, they look like creepy long johns with a crap flap now.

A bit disturbing also that there appears to be no thumbs guess they are round the back?

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Aye if you don't go in with something, your apt to come out with something else.

Take, for instance, the state of the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital, and it's poor safety and track record since its opening.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join