It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experience with Being Born Again

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DustybudzZ
I knew the OP was a bunch of JW BS when he said

"different forms of demonism, including yoga, meditation, certain eastern practices of martial arts to get into contact with wicked spirits, and Satanism."

Really?

WOW...

Same. Anyone that attacks yoga, meditation, martial arts and the like as demonic is following a very dark path themselves. That one sentence alone speaks volumes. Loudly.
edit on 14-1-2020 by HalWesten because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-1-2020 by HalWesten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
This thread is the epitome of what I've said for a very long time; Religion gets in the way of true faith.

I was raised Catholic, left the church when I was a teenager, discovered Jesus many years later, got baptized at the age of 34, found my path and will not let any man or religion interfere with my relationship with Christ. The sad part is there are good people blinded by their religion and they will protect evil men that commit heinous crimes, child abuse being the worst. I will not. No religion is safe from people like this but I will never be a part of any group that does this. I would rather walk my path on my own.

This! So totally this.
This whole thread makes me really sad

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

originally posted by: DustybudzZ
I knew the OP was a bunch of JW BS when he said

"different forms of demonism, including yoga, meditation, certain eastern practices of martial arts to get into contact with wicked spirits, and Satanism."

Really?

WOW...

Same. Anyone that attacks yoga, meditation, martial arts and the like as demonic is following a very dark path themselves. That one sentence alone speaks volumes. Loudly.

I can see how you can consider this an attack, especially if you are not aware of the origins of yoga and transcendental meditation.

But the orignator of Yoga philosophy himself said that it was opening a path to evil spirit entities and that it is unwise to fool around with the occult practice of yoga and meditation.

Gurus acquire their supernatural powers by practicing Yogic arts. But in the Yoga Sutra, Patanjali, the father of Yoga philosophy, attributes these powers to evil “celestial beings” whose chief aim is, according to Swami Vivekananda, “to tempt the Yogi” that he should not gain perfect freedom. The swami therefore “warned against striving for such sorcerous powers and stressed the need for totally avoiding them,” notes Tantrism

Raja-Yoga, Swami Vivekananda, 1982, pages 240-1.
Tantrism, Benjamin Walker, 1985, page 132.

Furthermore, some Yogis claim to experience a oneness with the spirit world, which they say is God. In the book Mysticism Sacred and Profane R. C. Zaehner says:

“This emptiness is dangerous for this is a ‘house swept and garnished,’ and though it is possible that God may enter in if the furniture is fair, it is equally likely that the proverbial seven devils will rush in if . . . there is no furniture at all.”

For this reason gurus often warn new disciples that Yoga may expose them to demonic influence. Would such warnings be necessary if the true God were involved?

Satanism is also a form of occulstim, although there are varied forms, one that is spiritual where the person believes in and worships Satan, and another form where the person avows to be an atheist and considers themselves Satanists. Which is basically a good definition of Satanism.

It is not wrong to point out the occult nature of these practices and how they are tied to the wicked spirit world and Satan the Devil.

After having suffered firsthand for years demonic attacks, I did much research on the matter. Under the guidance of prayer and the holy spirit. God does reveal knowledge to those who request it of Him. He gives it to anyone who is honest and does so without reproaching:

(James 1:5-8) . . .So if any one of you is lacking in wisdom, let him keep asking God, for he gives generously to all and without reproaching, and it will be given him.  But let him keep asking in faith, not doubting at all, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven by the wind and blown about.  In fact, that man should not expect to receive anything from Jehovah;  he is an indecisive man, unsteady in all his ways.

Of course the caveat there is that one has to approach God in faith in order for their prayers to be heard. God does not look with favor upon faithless prayers.

And as the Christian is told the divinly inspired scriptures of truth teaches us all we need to know about the tactics Satan employs to ensare people:

(2 Corinthians 2:11) . . .so that we may not be overreached by Satan, for we are not ignorant of his designs.

Those who are ignorant of his designs are those who have not been granted the knowledge. And this is due to the fact that Satan is the god of this world and he has blinded the eyes of the unbelievers:

(2 Corinthians 4:4) among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, so that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through.

He blinds the eyes of many so that they may not see the glorious good news of the Christ. It shines like a beacon of light in a bedarkened a lost world.

I shared my account out of a hope to share with others who hearts are inclined to hear scripture speak. Jesus said:

(Matthew 11:15) . . .Let the one who has ears listen.

This refers to the ear of discernment. It is a spiritual listening to what is being revealed in the Bible. This ear is a gift from God. For even Jesus quoted the propet Isaiah and said that God stops up the eyes and the ears, figurativly, of unworthy ones so that they may not hear and understand:

(Matthew 13:13-15) For looking, they look in vain, and hearing, they hear in vain, nor do they get the sense of it.  And the prophecy of Isaiah is being fulfilled in their case. It says: ‘You will indeed hear but by no means get the sense of it, and you will indeed look but by no means see.  For the heart of this people has grown unreceptive, and with their ears they have heard without response, and they have shut their eyes, so that they might never see with their eyes and hear with their ears and get the sense of it with their hearts and turn back and I heal them.

It is of no mysterious wonder if what is being revealed is disdained, misunderstood, spoken against, twisted, and lied about. Jesus said out of the heart's abundance the mouth speaks. and a wicked man speaks wicked things from his evil heart. A righteous man brings forth righteousness from his heart and speaks things of truth.

If the men hated Jesus, and misunderstood his words. If their ears were shut to the marvelous truths he was revealing, does it surprise us today that lies and slander are spread about his followers? No indeed! It is a mark of divine approval.

When people spread lies and untruths about those who witness for Jehovah Jesus said this is not only a fulfuillment of divine propohecy concerning the last days but also:

(Matthew 5:11, 12)  “Happy are you when people reproach you and persecute you and lyingly say every sort of wicked thing against you for my sake.  Rejoice and be overjoyed, since your reward is great in the heavens, for in that way they persecuted the prophets prior to you.

The rejoicing is not in the lies or the slander, and the persecution. Rather it is in knowing it is being done because the truth is being spoken. It is a great privilege to be counted worthy of abuse and slander for Jesus' name sake.

(Acts 5:40, 41) . . .At this they took his advice, and they summoned the apostles, flogged them, and ordered them to stop speaking on the basis of Jesus’ name, and let them go.  So they went out from before the Sanʹhe·drin, rejoicing because they had been counted worthy to be dishonored in behalf of his name.
edit on 16-1-2020 by SimpleIdea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: SimpleIdea

OP, you lost all credibility when you stated that yoga and meditation are demonic. 🤦‍♂️

Where did you come up with this horse crap? Your own bible preaches meditation....

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   
There are hundreds of random sites that talk all about how yoga has its roots in the occult, how Christians should stay away from the practice, and how it is practiced by devil worshipers.

There are an equal number of sites that talk about how yoga has nothing to do with the devil or the occult, that it is a beneficial exercise for the body and for the mind.

I believe it is the individual practicing yoga that takes it to either a good place, or a dark place.

Thank you for sharing your story. I lost you once you started providing quotes and scripture. Us humans, we only have a very short span of attention.

I will say this; you mentioned that you were badly abused. I believe your demonic visitors were actually your abusers. Either you already know this and just word-playing like a poet, or you truly believe you were visited by demons during the time of the abuse in which case I would advise you to seek counseling if you haven't already.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

It depends on what and how you're meditating, but here's a prime example from another ATS member recently.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Baby goat yoga is about as Satanic as it gets short of having Baphomet walk on your back instead.

Which I highly recommend if you can get it to do that.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Baby goat yoga is about as Satanic as it gets short of having Baphomet walk on your back instead.

Which I highly recommend if you can get it to do that.

Baby goat yoga! No way!
Animal exploitation!

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Skorpiogurl

The kids love it.

edit on 16-1-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Most people love it.
My former gym used to host a goat yoga one a month.
I guess the goat would come in handy for slaughter just in case it turned out to be some kind of cult sacrifice thing.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Skorpiogurl

Play on words, kids=baby goats.

My friend sent me a video of this when she went and it was hysterical even though a portal to hell didn't open up and suck everything in.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

OP, you lost all credibility when you stated that yoga and meditation are demonic. 🤦‍♂️

Where did you come up with this horse crap? Your own bible preaches meditation....

The Bible says to meditate on God's word daily. I didn't lose credibility in stating that the occult practice of meditation is demonic in nature. These two things are totally separate. Anyone with a little knowledge of the English language knows the difference.

That you try to say they are the same...hmmm really?

I think that is all that needs to be said, but just in case it is still not clear, meditating on God's word involves the thinking faculty. It is like digesting food you eat. You pray earnestly and honestly for God's holy spirit and then read his word, and then ponder upon, think about, that is meditate on the word. How it applies to you. What it teaches you about yourself, your relationship with God, what qualities is it showing you. How can you display these qualities in your life. This is deep meditation and is needed to advance as a spiritually mature person.

The meditation taught in the eastern mystic religions is the clearing of the mind and making it ready to be taken over by wicked spirits. As the quotes above in a previous post I made about it, even the originator of the occult practice says that it involves wicked spirit entities.

I don't say this to mock you or make you look like a fool. You just seemed to make a jest of my thread because you don't understand the difference of the occult practice of meditation, clearing your mind for it to be possessed, and healthful meditation on God's word, which involves the mind process and thinking ability.

If you are unaware of the difference, others may be as well. Thus I thought an understanding of it be made here.
edit on 16-1-2020 by SimpleIdea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: SimpleIdea

originally posted by: KKLOCO

The meditation taught in the eastern mystic religions is the clearing of the mind and making it ready to be taken over by wicked spirits. As the quotes above in a previous post I made about it, even the originator of the occult practice says that it involves wicked spirit entities.

I don't say this to mock you or make you look like a fool. You just seemed to make a jest of my thread because you don't understand the difference of the occult practice of meditation, clearing your mind for it to be possessed, and healthful meditation on God's word, which involves the mind process and thinking ability.

Young Padawan, much learning, you have, to do...

You are preaching about something you have no experience in.

“Meditation is the clearing of the mind and make it ready to be taken over by wicked spirits”

Peace...

I’m out.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join