It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six Minutes of Weird , Evangelicals Pray with Trump

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: valiant

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: valiant
originally posted by: Raggedyman

So organized religion, cult like behaviour, concentrated power, wars and persecution in the guise of religion, worshiping and being falsely led by people because they are 'chosen' by or doing Gods work is bad? I agree that's why I no longer practice and my relationship with God is personal, as it should be.
Don't come at me with all the Catholic hate and act like the Evangelicals are all rainbows and unicorns, pathetic.

Why don’t you pipe up, apologise for the crimes of your church

Don't be stupid!

Then you should read my post again before calling me stupid
I suggested that joining with these evangelicals, that mixing religion, any religion with politics was not a good idea

Nor Catholic or Protestant, you were the person moaning about how bad evangelicals are, I just pointed out your hypocrisy acting all righteous and arrogant when your church has mass murdered millions in political power

I was calling you stupid for telling me to apologize for something I never did.

Also, for the second time, I was not just moaning about Evangelicals! I called the video cringey, then moaned about religious people in general. It was you who decided to jump in and start spouting off for an ego boost.

As to the point of the OP, we agree then!

If you are suggesting that Catholicism is as bad as evangelicals then that’s fine, politics and religion don’t mix

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Says the guy I've caught multiple times telling people to get off ATS because ya know? They're lefty scum.

Funny that you pick out the misappropriated use of a word because often enough you struggle to be literate at all when foaming at the mouth with your TDS.

So you're also a hypocrite as well as a little lackey, most of all you're an extremist. So yeah I'm being polite in saying I don't want to communicate with you.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   
And the Christian one is by far the most deserving of your scorn? Why do those who are strong against religions accept islam or Hinduism has a place, but never Christianity?

I agree, it’s place is not in government.

a reply to: blueman12

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob808

Called cutting against the grain against the constraint of society which is the cool thing these days.

Or just call it Satanic for short, but it worked for Jesus, NWA, an Eminem too. Mark Twain an Edgar Allen Poe also.
edit on 5-1-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

It
edit on 5-1-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneBird

And what are christ's teachings? Don't murder, treat your neighbor with love, ect... Do we need christ for that?

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
And the Christian one is by far the most deserving of your scorn? Why do those who are strong against religions accept islam or Hinduism has a place, but never Christianity?

I agree, it’s place is not in government.

Well, christianity is the most popular western religion. There are few islamic folks so you are just preaching to the choir. Hinduism is even less people.

I criticize Christianity because 90% of religious folk i see are Christians. I would criticize islam, judiasm, hinduism and others if tgey were tge main religion too.

There is just severe hypocrisy and ugliness in old religions. We should be getting rid of these ancient religions IMO. They do more harm than good.
edit on 5-1-2020 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Yes we absolutely do. Since love, redemption, and freedom are wherever Christ is.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Let me ask you a question. When one sins and falls from Grace. Does one redeem oneself? Our does one put in the work for God and then God redeems one through Christ?

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Love , redemption, and freedom are all universal human qualities that don't require religion. I like christ but the rest of the bible is full of terror and his birth story is a copycat of horus (egypt).

We don't need religion because we are better than that. At least, some of us are... We are better than forced ideology.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Im not religious so i can't answer that but im guessing the second awnser!
edit on 5-1-2020 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Don't guess it, know it.

Every day, every moment.. like a fire in ya.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

And what are christ's teachings? Don't murder, treat your neighbor with love, ect... Do we need christ for that?

anyone who endured non-Christian regimes like Stalin's USSR and Mao's China would say yes.
without a religious foundation values become very fluid, not in a good way.

no one denies that 'Christian' governments have done some cruel and 'unChristian' things (Belgian Congo).

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Love , redemption, and freedom are all universal human qualities that don't require religion. I like christ but the rest of the bible is full of terror and his birth story is a copycat of horus (egypt).

We don't need religion because we are better than that. At least, some of us are... We are better than forced ideology.

Love redemption and freedom are Christ’s message but
If you think Horus and the Jesus story is the same, you have watched zeitgeist and appear very gullible to believe they are the same

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I get it Comrade...

Even though you say you have no issues with religions, just about everything else in your post would suggest otherwise.

"Their god" and "Praying to destroy the world"...!?!

Your bias is pretty obvious regardless of your closing statements.

I am not a religious person myself, but I do have some respect for certain religions groups, because actions such as building and operating homeless shelters, providing community support to the improvised, comforting the families of the sick and dying, etc..., are not something you see in other non-religious groups doing.

Sure there may be a few bad apples here and there, there always will be. But the overall message that these people promote is a positive one.

Hmmm, when was the last time I saw a group of Antifa members handing out food to the homeless or comforting a grieving family...?

Oh yeah, that's right, they would rather (and usually do), beat the crap out of them instead..

edit on 5-1-2020 by Ironclad1964 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Trump is not a religious type at all , but he likes the votes .

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Just to bring you up to speed, WE invaded THEIR country. Under fraud. That may be a bit too sophisticated for you to grasp intellectually, but that's where it's at.

They and he are defending their region from invading aggressors. They are on the right side of things acting in self defense, we are on the wrong side, acting aggressively.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Salander
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Just to bring you up to speed, WE invaded THEIR country. Under fraud. That may be a bit too sophisticated for you to grasp intellectually, but that's where it's at.

They and he are defending their region from invading aggressors. They are on the right side of things acting in self defense, we are on the wrong side, acting aggressively.

So, you sympathies with terrorists, good to know who is openly against western civilization really.

I'm sure the DHS has you already pinned and a drone with your name on it..

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Ironclad1964

So, you sympathies with terrorists, good to know who is openly against western civilization really.

Americans set up NORAID which helped fund the Provisional IRA in their fight against the British but I guess that's OK as they were Western terrorists.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Ironclad1964

There are many terrorists in the world. The largest groupings of them are in Washington DC and Tel Aviv. They wear business suits and speak out of both sides of their mouths.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join