It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six Minutes of Weird , Evangelicals Pray with Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 05:35 AM
link   
The prayer was held at the beginning of the launch of the Evangelicals For Trump Coalition , the chosen one stands with Evangelical preachers as they pray for their God to give Trump the power to destroy the world , hallelujah brothers and sisters hallelujah.

Personally I find religion and politics a dangerous mix , when God is on your side almost anything can be chalked up as the will of God ... the Crusades for example or more recently Islamic fundamentalism but either way when God gets involved bad things happen.

I don't have a problem with religion but I do have a problem with people using religion as a tool to help their objectives , scenes like the one above fill my heart with dread.

"it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God"

**SNIPPED**
edit on Sat Jan 4 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

+26 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I don't have a problem with religion but I do have a problem with people using religion as a tool to help their objectives

And yet you posted that meme.

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 05:50 AM
link   
So EVERY single president that said « So help me god » during inauguration shouldn’t have done so in your books?

Just asking.

Lags

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 05:54 AM
link   
It's also easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a Presidential candidate to win without the big money of religion and access to their voters.

+20 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Is this all the left has left? attacking religious people for supporting Trump? just to post a Meme ?

LMAO

These people will need to be studied after 2020 we may have a real zombie outbreak coming

This is why Trump aligns with evangelicals, it’s tactical to expose YOU
edit on 4-1-2020 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

In my opinion, god should be taken out of law. However, that's probably not going to happen. At least God could mean any God right? Although, im sure the founders were thinking of the Christian God.

Then again, the idea that you are swearing to God might get a few god-fearing folk to be honest.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 06:07 AM
link   

No ones going to believe thats trump as the patron saint of idiots - the hands are way to big.

Just like a dem to only half do the job thus exposing 'their' inabilities in the process.

Now -

If i may suggest you try Pelosi's head then the shoe might fit.
edit on 4-1-2020 by CthruU because: 1

edit on 4-1-2020 by CthruU because: 2

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 06:07 AM
link   

After watching the video, I'd say you're in trouble now. What will you do when God answers the prayers.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Well, OP has a point. Religion can be used to justify unjust things. Religious groups have a lot of political pull in this country and im sure any Christian politician would want their support. But does that support contain baggage?

In any case, maybe Donald just shares their love for private jets and vacations
God wants his chosen leaders to live the high life!
edit on 4-1-2020 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: Lagomorphe

In my opinion, god should be taken out of law. However, that's probably not going to happen. At least God could mean any God right? Although, im sure the founders were thinking of the Christian God.

Then again, the idea that you are swearing to God might get a few god-fearing folk to be honest.

I’m actually all for keeping god and Christianity, especially with the Far Left Marxists, globalists, trying to destroy the identity’s of nations and mass Islamic immigration

It’s our line of defence

You hide behind and defend Islam, we’ll hide behind Christianity for the same reasons, to highlight the fact the left doesn’t care about religion, and certainly not Islam, Islam doesn’t care for far left communists they care about having an ally to spread Islam across the west, just two groups who ABSOLUTELY HATE & DESPISE the successful Judeo-Christian western worlds foundations, and jointly want to destroy it and reinvent it

So here we are standing in your way ✝️ For god & country
edit on 4-1-2020 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Is this all the left has left?

You are blinded by your black and white view of the world , there is more to politics than just left and right there's also right and wrong.

These people will need to be studied after 2020 we may have a real zombie outbreak coming

The zombie outbreak happened after 2016 with the slavish adoration of the chosen one , thought and reason put aside to praise his every move ... regardless of his contradictions.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 06:18 AM
link   

I find this and evangelicals cringe worthy, creepy and cult like! I'm not anti God either, I come from a Catholic family, went to Church, went to Catholic School, pray every day of my life, But what always got to me is how they portray themselves and how they think of themselves, but then have this ugly nastiness about them, i've seen more empathy in a pebble than I have witnessed in a lot of religious folk in my life.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Is this all the left has left?

You are blinded by your black and white view of the world , there is more to politics than just left and right there's also right and wrong.

The zombie outbreak happened after 2016 with the slavish adoration of the chosen one , thought and reason put aside to praise his every move ... regardless of his contradictions.

Explain my Black & White views of the world

Oh and I agree there is more to politics than left & right and right & wrong

I seem to remember far
Left political parties attempted a coup of a democratically elected president and attempted to overturn a democratic vote to leave the EU

I’m pretty sure I’m on the right side here

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Spoken like a true cave man

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 06:21 AM
link   

I'm not a muslim and I dislike islam more than christianity. Partisan thinking much? Seen a lot if that lately.. If i even remotely share a "leftist" opinion then all my other opinions are of a liberal lefty!

And for the rest of your post...Sounds like religious warfare to me. Muslims do just fine here. It's the mass migration of islamic folk into small areas that usually end up creating issues from what ive seen. Not sure there is an actual agenda , but rather just a culture clash with islamic folk who haven't lived in a multi-cultural society.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Religion can be used to justify unjust things.

Only to the ignorant.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

I disagree, I think it's more of God's fault for creating confusing holy books that are interpreted in multiple ways.

Adding in crazy stuff like stoning witches or stories of spawning bears to murder children is a bizzare way of God providing life lessons and wisdom.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 06:33 AM
link   

I'm not a muslim and I dislike islam more than christianity. Partisan thinking much? Seen a lot if that lately.. If i even remotely share a "leftist" opinion then all my other opinions are of a liberal lefty!

And for the rest of your post...Sounds like religious warfare to me. Muslims do just fine here. It's the mass migration of islamic folk into small areas that usually end up creating issues from what ive seen. Not sure there is an actual agenda , but rather just a culture clash with islamic folk who haven't lived in a multi-cultural society.

Then you’ve read it wrong

For the record I’m leftist, well centrist I guess however I do hold slightly more leftist views than conservative

The problem I see is from the far left and globalists aligning with Islam for their end goals of open boarders & mass immigration to destroy national identity

The communists think they’re building a new USSR of sorts while being funded by the 1%

The Islamics feel they’re growing there region in western countries

The globalists are using all the above to further their goals of destroying boarders, nations, identity for their goal of a NWO one world government to consolidate their reach and power over countries they already financially control

Then there is us patriots who say over our dead bodies, since Christianity is a big part of our identity as nations we’re going to imbed there and let you attack Christianity to expose yourselves, and it’s actually working, anti Semitism is rising at the same pace too

So you communists islamists and globalists keep attacking and exposing yourselves as authoritarian west hating fascist

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I'm just surprised Trumps head didn't spin around 360 degrees... I was half expecting it the whole time.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Dont evangelicals basically believe in armageddon in a literal sense?
I find it find of unsettling how trumps been boosting isreali relations, picking fights with iran and continues to pander to the fundis, is this some sort of sick vote grab for the gop?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join