It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six Minutes of Weird , Evangelicals Pray with Trump

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

It was started by Reaper fire, if you know what I mean, against a car carrying a man declared guilty in Trump Court.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Salander

It was started by Reaper fire, if you know what I mean, against a car carrying a man declared guilty in Trump Court.

look another terrorist sympathizer

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

I disagree. I think America should be a nation for all religions. Also, i used race as another example of identity that is often used. It was just an example and wasn't trying to call you racist.

Why does this have to be a Christian nation? Seems like that goes against the core idea of supporting freedom of all religions.

Would you prefer Chrislam? That's where they are heading with this One World religion crap.

Christ's teachings are greatly beneficial to the people of any nation, especially America. The problem arises if we get to a point where beliefs are forced upon people. Then we are in danger of becoming the extremists we fight against.

The prayer over Trump is alright. I just don't understand why these preachers seem to be in such a hurry to get Trump to take off the gloves with these middle east countries, especially when in fact the gloves do come off, they will be the first to hide in their bunkers. And the rest of America will do the real fighting.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

With all the fanatic supporters trump has already, I am sure they already class him as a saint, or the second coming!

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneBird

There are those on the religious right who want Trump to put the pedal to the metal & accelerate the world toward Armageddon. There is no small amount of religious fanaticism at play in the US.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77

There are those on the religious right who want Trump to put the pedal to the metal & accelerate the world toward Armageddon. There is no small amount of religious fanaticism at play in the US.

And wishing that is against the word of God.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The problem is many don't understand what God really is. God is literally everything, which includes existence itself. According to the bible, God is everything, the beginning & the end, the Alpha & the Omega, above & below, etc.. Also, according to the bible we are all created in the image/likeness of God, just like Jesus. We're called human beings for a reason 'being' being the operative word, meaning exist. God is everything, including: Good/Evil, love/hate, light/dark, left/right, above/below, positive/negative, theism/atheism, etc. & none of these things can exist without one another. Its our free will to decide which path(s) we follow. Everytime one sees the word God, they should replace is with the word(s) exist, existence or being. This will give people a better understanding of what God actually is. If you don't believe in God you don't believe In existence, which is idiotic.
edit on 4-1-2020 by JBIZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   
With all of the finger-pointing and name-calling I'm surprised this thread is still open.

The battles between Christianity and Islam are hundreds upon hundreds of years old and will not be resolved by anyone, in my opinion, ever. That Trump chooses to align with religious people means nothing in the big picture, nor would it if he ignored them. It has no bearing on our nation's future just as Obama aligning with an America-hating preacher didn't because they are not around long enough to make any permanent changes. The People are what will effect long-term change, just as they did during the early years of our nation.

The bitterness and self-righteousness of some of our neighbors makes me laugh because it isn't generally a hallmark of their reputation. To them I just say "Lighten up, Francis" and worry about your own political messes.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77

wtf u talking about?
how is any Christian accelerating anything towards Armageddon?
thats what the muslims are doing. they believe that their mahdi will appear in a time of tumult so they are trying to stir things up.

is defending Israel somehow an issue?
Trump has been trying to disengage from the Middle East (and yes the democrats are crying about that)
edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: fix line

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBIZZ
The problem is many don't understand what God really is. God is literally everything, which includes existence itself. According to the bible, God is everything, the beginning & the end, the Alpha & the Omega, above & below, etc.. Also, according to the bible we are all created in the image/likeness of God, just like Jesus. We're called human beings for a reason 'being' being the operative word, meaning exist. God is everything, including: Good/Evil, love/hate, light/dark, left/right, above/below, positive/negative, theism/atheism, etc. & none of these things can exist without one another. Its our free will to decide which path(s) we follow. Everytime one sees the word God, they should replace is with the word(s) exist, existence or being. This will give people a better understanding of what God actually is. If you don't believe in God you don't believe In existence, which is idiotic.

Its a fairy tale! Do you know how many people have died for that fairy tale? People like to use their religon as a ways and means to get what they want. We have seen that for hundreds of years.

It's amazing the damage a book written by goat hurders can do!

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog

The problem isn't the immigrants. The problem is the white people who assume that every single Muslim is a terrorist sleeper cell. Where I live it is extremely multicultural and the only people who have an issue with it are white people. I've personally experience two mass migrations. Somalian refugees in the 90s and Syrian refugees currently. Nothing extraordinary happened except for the sudden rise of frothy mouthed racist white people claiming all sorts of nonsense that never happens.

Wow, talk about a wide brush...What like all 100 of these racist white people out of the 245 million who really don't give a crap about any of this...lol

KKK came from ALL over the country for the big rally in Charlottesville, you know like all 50 of them...give me a break.
edit on 4-1-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Salander

Soleimani was the embodiment of Iran’s intensions

He was behind and led proxy wars against US/ISAF troops, against our allies and friends, responsible for the death of thousands of US service men & women directly, and hundreds of thousands indirectly through those proxy wars, continued to plot terror attacks on civilians

He’s now eliminated

My condolences for your loss
edit on 4-1-2020 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   
What no snake handling?

*sigh*

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: valiant

originally posted by: Raggedyman

I find this and evangelicals cringe worthy, creepy and cult like! I'm not anti God either, I come from a Catholic family, went to Church, went to Catholic School, pray every day of my life, But what always got to me is how they portray themselves and how they think of themselves, but then have this ugly nastiness about them, i've seen more empathy in a pebble than I have witnessed in a lot of religious folk in my life.

Coming from a catholic, a church that subjugated nations, empires and murdered many in Christ’s name, big call to bang on about evangelicals

Yeah, I was talking about both Catholics and Christians from the second line in my post. Might wanna pipe down
and put your glasses on before you jump to reply with your snide next time.

I don’t think I will pipe down

Typical catholic? Trying to subjugate my opinion
I find the Catholic Church far worse, proven far worse than evangelicals
Catholics were behind the crusades, witch burnings, inquisition, murderous gangs like the Templar, hold abuse, treating women as second class citizens, the list of the Catholic Churches crimes are endless and extreme. For some strange reason I find myself apologising for Catholic crimes dating back nearly 2 thousand years and you moan about this

I didn’t note you were talking catholic crimes against humanity and political manipulation for a Millennia plus, just hate speech, from a catholic towards evangelicals

Most of Europe was held stranglehold by the Catholic Church and the protestants escaped to the US for their lives. Most who didn’t died because of the Catholic Church meddling in politics. The 100 year war, catholic murder on a nearly immeasurable scale. The Congo, he’ll most slavery was catholic based

I didn’t note both Catholics and christians in your second line.

Pipe down, no I don’t think so

Casting an eye at history, based on the catholic religions political crimes, no, religion and politics don’t mix at all

Why don’t you pipe up, apologise for the crimes of your church

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Nothing Wrong IMO in Thanking the ONE Who Created Us All ..............

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Watch the video , the praise was for Trump not the one created you , it was one of those ego massages Trump likes so much.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Yep, and the Evangelicals will be salivating, growing in power and influence, and others will brush it off. There's no problem here at all.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 11:24 PM
link   

So organized religion, cult like behaviour, concentrated power, wars and persecution in the guise of religion, worshiping and being falsely led by people because they are 'chosen' by or doing Gods work is bad? I agree that's why I no longer practice and my relationship with God is personal, as it should be.
Don't come at me with all the Catholic hate and act like the Evangelicals are all rainbows and unicorns, pathetic.

Don't be stupid!

edit on VpmSaturday26pm131 by valiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 05:02 AM
link   

So organized religion, cult like behaviour, concentrated power, wars and persecution in the guise of religion, worshiping and being falsely led by people because they are 'chosen' by or doing Gods work is bad? I agree that's why I no longer practice and my relationship with God is personal, as it should be.
Don't come at me with all the Catholic hate and act like the Evangelicals are all rainbows and unicorns, pathetic.

Don't be stupid!

Then you should read my post again before calling me stupid
I suggested that joining with these evangelicals, that mixing religion, any religion with politics was not a good idea

Nor Catholic or Protestant, you were the person moaning about how bad evangelicals are, I just pointed out your hypocrisy acting all righteous and arrogant when your church has mass murdered millions in political power

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Don't be stupid!

Then you should read my post again before calling me stupid
I suggested that joining with these evangelicals, that mixing religion, any religion with politics was not a good idea

Nor Catholic or Protestant, you were the person moaning about how bad evangelicals are, I just pointed out your hypocrisy acting all righteous and arrogant when your church has mass murdered millions in political power

I was calling you stupid for telling me to apologize for something I never did.

Also, for the second time, I was not just moaning about Evangelicals! I called the video cringey, then moaned about religious people in general. It was you who decided to jump in and start spouting off for an ego boost.

As to the point of the OP, we agree then!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join