It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRGC leader Soleimani has been killed in targeted assassination near Baghdad

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl
...necessitating the need for SA support for maintaining the petrodollar.

The 'petrodollar' is not a thing, it's the profits, in dollars, a country makes when it sells oil. The world reserve currency was the dollar, everything was still priced in dollars and there was no threat of it being priced in say rubles at that time. The mission, as I posted above, was for them to take their profits and buy United States Bonds instead of falling into the Soviet sphere of influence.

edit on 3-1-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Justoneman

His legacy will not fall to dumb conspiracy theories.
He was a very good president. And he was well loved by the american people.

Nope but is has fallen and will continue. I expect it to get right nasty for treasonous bastards.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

If you like that one, you'll love YGTBSM. Check your messages for that one.

I had to google that one. Now I'm wondering if what google came up with is what you agree it stands for?

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
I started looking and got interested in TKT1202 Dubai to Ufa International Airport, Russia. A 757

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Perhaps this will be the impetus for the resistance movement in Iran to overthrow their own government, install a more peaceful government and everyone will be happy.

Or at a minimum add a lot of momentum...

link   
a reply to: MissBeck

Slightly less polite than the Google answer, but yeah, that's pretty close.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: mightmight
The so-called attack on the embassy has been a joke trumped up by both the media and the Trump administration. A guard post was set on fire and some people climbed some fences and smashed some windows. Big whoop. Iraq is busy shooting dozens in violent anti-government protests every week, the demonstrations at the embassy hardly amount to anything.
You don't go for the very head of the snake for something like that. Something else must have triggered this strike.

Who said it was the attack on the embassy?

This was in response to the American Contractor that was killed and several others wounded a week or so ago...

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

YAWN...Iran will do nothing. All of this is distraction.....like the colosseum. I worked and lived in Saudi Arabia (KSA) in the late 1990's. The REAL enemy, other than ourselves, is Saudi Arabia...they are fundamentalists (Wahhabi), control a crap ton of oil...secretly (or not so secret) ABHORE America and have a LOT of $$$$$
Iran is different than Iraq.....America, the country I mourn as lost, is like a big bully....sure we "won" WW11...but after that.....we just became overbloated on our own fantasy of being GREAT. We the People need to wake up to history and where we stand....start with Roman History. The "barbarians" are at the gate.....

So we supposedly blew up a big wig in Iran.....it's all just "smoke and mirrors"

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Here we go again....

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: LSU2018

You're right he wont start WWIII. He just needs a distraction for right now.

I know I'm right. You think Trump needs a distraction when he already knows nothing will happen to him. Anyone that's been paying attention knows this.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Dude, update your BIOS, seriously.

Roitflmao!

Thanks, I needed that...

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Here we go again....

I'm really out of my depth in these type of threads, but following it for the latest deveopments. What is in those bags they are all handed in the video (00:16 seconds) please?

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: mightmight
The so-called attack on the embassy has been a joke trumped up by both the media and the Trump administration. A guard post was set on fire and some people climbed some fences and smashed some windows. Big whoop. Iraq is busy shooting dozens in violent anti-government protests every week, the demonstrations at the embassy hardly amount to anything.
You don't go for the very head of the snake for something like that. Something else must have triggered this strike.

Who said it was the attack on the embassy?

This was in response to the American Contractor that was killed and several others wounded a week or so ago...

If this attack is because a contractor was killed then it shows Trump is up to his eyeballs with the Military-Industrial complex. That would be a shame and it would kill off any notion of "draining the swamp".

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
... So what's the speculation of the Iranian response?

I'm sure the US military strategists briefed the Commander in Chief about the possibilities, and he decided to go ahead with the strike anyway; whereas the prior CiCs did not.

What is the speculated US response to Iran's response?

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: tanstaafl
Iran has labeled the US military as terrorists.

A terrorist org has labeled our military as terrorists? Should I care?

Does that mean they should have carte blanche to assassinate our military leaders?

They can always try, whether they first declare them terrorists matters not a whit.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
How?

An Executive Order would do nicely.

Who's going to do it?

Only the President can issue Executive Orders.

You do know that the 3 letters and the Pentagon are joined at the hip, right?

Yep - I'm hoping he brings Flynn back as NSA, fires a whole lot of globalist traitors in the Pentagon and elsewhere, and appoints some red-blooded Americans fresh out of the Academy under the supervision of some old retirees he brings back to help guide them while they learn the ropes.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian
If this attack is because a contractor was killed then it shows Trump is up to his eyeballs with the Military-Industrial complex.

Really? Why?

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
The world reserve currency was the dollar, everything was still priced in dollars and there was no threat of it being priced in say rubles at that time.

Beacuse the US dollar was still redeemable in gold - until 71.

The mission, as I posted above, was for them to take their profits and buy United States Bonds instead of falling into the Soviet sphere of influence.

That is precisely what I meant by 'maintaining the petrodollar'...

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: PaddyInf
Morally this guy deserved to die.

Strategically killing him was a poor decision.

The US may recognise him as a terrorist (which I fully get), however he was still a very senior military and political figure of a sovereign state, who travels on diplomatic credentials.

Tehran have promised 'severe revenge' for this. They have had plans on the shelf for years in case of such an incident. They are likely to hit soft (I.e. civilian) targets in the US, making any reprisals as bloody as possible. This assassination will only serve to destabilise the region and increase the risk to US citizens.

My question is - Why now? The whole protest at an embassy thing doesn't add up. Iran have done so many more high profile and damaging acts in recent years without US reprisals.

Is there anything going on with POTUS that would benefit him from a media refocus at the minute..?

Sadly the soft targets will be mostly in Europe and we will have to deal with those fleeing another war torn country whilst armchair warriors across the pond all yee hawww for another armed conflict...

Above armchair warriors don’t give a poo as refugees won’t be crossing their borders...

I personally appreciate what Mr Trump is doing for the USA but something about this is just so wrong...

I am sickened by so much arrogance in this thread without thought to international collateral impacts.

That’s all.

Lags
edit on 3-1-2020 by Lagomorphe because: Crap spelling

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Beacuse the US dollar was still redeemable in gold - until 71.

The diplomatic mission to Saudi Arabia wasn't until 1974, it wasn't about gold convertibility, it was about preventing the Soviets from gaining more traction in the Middle East.

That is precisely what I meant by 'maintaining the petrodollar'...

There is nothing to 'maintain', Bretton-Woods established the dollar as the world reserve currency, if Saudi Arabia wanted to get paid for oil they had to take it in dollars. Once again, the petrodollar isn't a thing, it's the byproduct of selling oil for profit.

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join