It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRGC leader Soleimani has been killed in targeted assassination near Baghdad

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

NKAWTG
Yep see where you're coming from and thanks............... What does that NKAWTG bit translate to by the way?

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Iran has labeled the US military as terrorists. Does that mean they should have carte blanche to assassinate our military leaders?

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Nobody Kicks Ass Without Tanker Gas

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
I agree that the US should not be allied to SA.

I do too, but the reason why we are goes way back to when Nixon took us off t he gold standard. Without the US dollar being designated as the worlds reserve currency, we would have been in deep deep doo doo, and the only reason it was, is because of the agreement with SA, when we were totally dependent on their oil, that they would peg the price of oil ion US dollars.

But one does not need to hold back celebration of the death of one terrorist because all terrorists are not killed.

Amen...

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Here's hoping things don't escalate too much.

Know where you coming from. Things been escalating for years now though, this is just another edging the pieces forward, Iran looks like it is an economic basket case due to sanctions, maybe this killing of terrorist leaders will help the protesters / underground over there in Iran throw off Islamic rule? Solemeni already killed 500 - 1000 of his own people in protests in last 50 days, it's already escalating over there internally, maybe taking out the leaderships can help the people over there take on the hardliners

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Maybe someone can trick Trump into declaring the US intelligence services a terrorist organisation. Would likely make for a more peaceful and stable world.

Agreed...

The all need to be abolished, and start over.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Hahhaha that's funny and being honest and realistic about it so true. Thanks Zaph

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Maybe someone can trick Trump into declaring the US intelligence services a terrorist organisation. Would likely make for a more peaceful and stable world.

Agreed...

The all need to be abolished, and start over.

How? Who's going to do it? You do know that the 3 letters and the Pentagon are joined at the hip, right?

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: xpert11
a reply to: Erno86
The U.S.forigen policy establishment is intellectually dishonest. They are unwilling to admit the failure of their sanctions regimes against North Korea and Iran.

They haven't failed yet, and are still putting enormous pressure. What do you think is fueling the internal unrest and protests in Iran as we speak?

Trump's foreign policy may well trip over Iran and spark WW3.

Maybe - but I think it is more likely that it will end up resulting in an end to the still declared Korean war, a denuclearized NK, and an Iran that gets new leadership after its own people unseat the tyrannical bastards now running the show there.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Morally this guy deserved to die.

Strategically killing him was a poor decision.

The US may recognise him as a terrorist (which I fully get), however he was still a very senior military and political figure of a sovereign state, who travels on diplomatic credentials.

Tehran have promised 'severe revenge' for this. They have had plans on the shelf for years in case of such an incident. They are likely to hit soft (I.e. civilian) targets in the US, making any reprisals as bloody as possible. This assassination will only serve to destabilise the region and increase the risk to US citizens.

My question is - Why now? The whole protest at an embassy thing doesn't add up. Iran have done so many more high profile and damaging acts in recent years without US reprisals.

Is there anything going on with POTUS that would benefit him from a media refocus at the minute..?

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: olaru12

If they do they'll regret it.

Trump isn't Obama .

It's not about trump anymore. He has bent over for the neocons....Just like I predicted!!

Since 2016, well before the election you've not predicted a single thing correctly.
I remember you triumphantly proclaiming Trump would be out of the race for President by September 2016. Remember? You were so so confident.
Your problem is all your predictions seem to be based on hating Trump instead of rational projections.
The Neocons are not a happy bunch with Trump in charge - they hate him as much as you do. They are as irrational as you too.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl
I do too, but the reason why we are goes way back to when Nixon took us off t he gold standard. Without the US dollar being designated as the worlds reserve currency, we would have been in deep deep doo doo, and the only reason it was, is because of the agreement with SA, when we were totally dependent on their oil, that they would peg the price of oil ion US dollars.

The diplomatic mission in 1974 was to get Saudi Arabia to reinvest their dollars in United States Treasury Bonds* while we sold them military equipment. The same trash arrangement remains to some degree. The United States dollar was already the world's reserve currency for nearly 30 years by that point, oil was traded in dollars prior to this.

*Petrodollar recycling

edit on 3-1-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Thank you mate. Appreciate the response

Crazy times ahead!!!

a reply to: glend

all

link   
Thank you mate. Appreciate the response

Crazy times ahead!!!

a reply to: glend

all

link   

Now they are cheering the murder of Iran’s best general and yelling for more.

War with Iran? Am I missing something? Are we at war with Iran?

And I'm not cheering anything, except maybe Trumps reserved, rational response.

Indeed I remember a certain New York businessman criticising that President for his hostile provocations of Iran.

This wasn't a provocation, it was in response to multiple major provocations - and one dead American - of the US by Iran. Period.
edit on 3-1-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: RexKramerPRT
Just leaving this here:

Not sure what is your point... since Trump, you know, hasn't started a war with Iran or anyone else.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: PaddyInf
Morally this guy deserved to die.

Strategically killing him was a poor decision.

The US may recognise him as a terrorist (which I fully get), however he was still a very senior military and political figure of a sovereign state, who travels on diplomatic credentials.

Tehran have promised 'severe revenge' for this. They have had plans on the shelf for years in case of such an incident. They are likely to hit soft (I.e. civilian) targets in the US, making any reprisals as bloody as possible. This assassination will only serve to destabilise the region and increase the risk to US citizens.

My question is - Why now? The whole protest at an embassy thing doesn't add up. Iran have done so many more high profile and damaging acts in recent years without US reprisals.

Is there anything going on with POTUS that would benefit him from a media refocus at the minute..?

First off this started with Iranian backed militias killing an American contractor and injuring several others.

Second the embassy is technically US soil - so it is literally an attack on american land.

Third their is rumors the general was working on a coup to take over the Iraqi government very soon.

Fourth Trump clearly warned them not to screw with us or there would be severe consequences.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   

If you like that one, you'll love YGTBSM. Check your messages for that one.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo
Second the embassy is technically US soil - so it is literally an attack on american land.

That is 100% false.

Not saying people should attack each others embassies but the land they are atop still belongs to the host country.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
The United States dollar was already the world's reserve currency for nearly 30 years by that point, oil was traded in dollars prior to this.

Yes - because it was still redeemable in Gold (intarnationally, but not for the peon citizens). Nixon killed the international Gold standard in 71, thereby necessitating the need for SA support for maintaining the petrodollar.

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join