It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRGC leader Soleimani has been killed in targeted assassination near Baghdad

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

It looks like this is the remainder of the 82nd that were expected to be deployed. Which I feel like is proof that the strike on Soleimani wasn't spur of the moment like some are trying to claim.
edit on 1/3/2020 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Well, if we go to war, congress will have to approve it.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Well, if we go to war, congress will have to approve it.

Come back with your shield, or on it.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Thanks Zaph, they just announced it on Talk Radio UK

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

It does make you wonder don't it. I met some Yankee guys outside a hostel in Tel Aviv last week whiee having a smoke and had a chat to them. They were on leave from the army, they talked about Raqqa this and Raqqa that, reckoned they were special forces dunno if they were pulling my leg but they said something was brewing over there

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop And so it begins... Oil Shock, Recession, War, Tehran Falls, Iran, on the whole, doesn't, America Collapses as interest rates rise(Recession, Great Depression 2.0) and the dollar is no longer the world standard 2022, America loses the war much like Afghanistan and it all comes to a dramatic end in 2024. There are better days but they all start after a veritable doomsday in 2024... I'm gathering by what goes on today it will be a kind of Hiroshima type shock that makes everyone step back.

At this point, it's like being on a planet of lemmings... I wonder when given the road map why humans still run headlong straight off the cliff.

edit on 3-1-2020 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Movements here. I've been posting the moments as they launch in that thread.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Saudi Arabia and Bahrain designated them a terrorist organization last year. Israel, the UK, and numerous other western countries have acknowledged their sponsoring of terrorist operations.

Lol, now thats funny, sad but funny.

I wouldn't give a cup of piss for SA opinion on terrorism supporting.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   

He was later involved in extraterritorial operations, providing military assistance to anti-Saddam Shia and Kurdish groups in Iraq,

This stood out for me. So, when it comes down to choosing between, just who are the Kurds loyal to? The United States or their long, long relationship with Iran?

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: face23785

Again, he informed the Republicans. He ignored the Democrats. He's making this political, because it's a desperate political strategy to distract from impeachment. It's also reckless and puts all American lives at risk. Americans are not safer as a result of Trump temper tantrum.

No he did not tell them because one likely reaction is for them to warn the Iranians - directly or indirectly.

The Democrats have clearly shown they are more interested in "Getting Trump" than doing what is best for America.

I wouldn't tell them either if I was in his shoes.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: olaru12
It was just a matter of time until trump fell under the influence of the neocons and ramped up the War on terror. Time to invest in the war machine once again. Wars for profit, fantastic....

Translation: I have nothing to contribute so here's some baseless fearmongering!

Baseless fearmongering? Remember Iraq and Afghanastan? Halliburton did quite well with that cluster ****!!! It's just capitalism....

Those that forget the lessons of History are bound to repeat it....It's that time again, eh?

Yeah - and Trump has told the neocons every time to shut up, and fired Bolton because he wouldn't. He withdrew troops from Syria when all the warhawks told him don't you dare. Just because you aren't paying attention and are convinced Trump is a monster, doesn't mean the rest of us have the same issues with being able to look at Trump objectively.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Movements here. I've been posting the moments as they launch in that thread.

Nice one Zaph. The figures match. Fascinating stuff how these things are available.

I dunno if there's anything to it but our Sky News this morning, a reporter said there might be lots more US military already been moved there in the last few months and the readiness of the US could be very advanced but kind of hidden

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Gulf Air just suspended flights to Baghdad and Najaf.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Rest in pieces you worthless sadistic piece of scum! Trump did warn you that you will pay, promise kept!

Glad Trump didn't tell the traitorous leaking liberals...

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   

There probably are some capabilities we didn't see move there. As I said in that thread, always watch the tankers. You'd be stunned at what you can figure out watching them. NKAWTG

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Here's hoping things don't escalate too much.

I have a friend whose husband was deployed with the first group from the 82nd. She said that's the least amount of notice they've ever been given before his deployment.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   
It was not a targeted assassination, it was targeted PAYBACK!

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
And the MIC gets what they wanted for years.

War with Iran?

Trump ordered a strike on some terrorist leaders in Iraq, not Iran - one of whom was responsible for the attack on our Embassy.

So... no, not at all what the war-monger MIC has wanted.

Do you guys still think that Trump isn't just another puppet?

I know he isn't. If he was, we'd already have invaded Iran a long time ago.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
I think the selection on this one appears to be very obvious - the guy who facilitated an attack on the US gets droned a couple of days later. Selective? Sure. Based on retaliation.

And we leave the ones who've killed more Americans than anyone else. Super selective and totally political, just like this.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
A general in a national military is not a terrorist.

This one was.

Or do you not consider Hezbollah and Hamas terrorist orgs?

Especially not one who defeated the Islamic State in two countries.

Personally? Got it...

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join