It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Suns Binary and Spiritual Second Sun (Coverup)

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Someone here isn't doing their astronomy homework correctly? How do we determine who is correct?

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

The only way to know for sure who is correct is to become an expert in astronomy yourself.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: CanadianMason
a reply to: TzarChasm

The only way to know for sure who is correct is to become an expert in astronomy yourself.

Seems like a "missing the cliff for the constellations" kind of situation to me. Getting fixated on the stars can be a little too outside the box when a bit of common sense is all you need for most of what is happening in the world. But that sort of logic escapes people who constantly need to insert an esoteric message in the most mundane details of life.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astronomer62

Even in Scienceworld scholastic magazines being a teachers aid, they teach children about the midnight culmination of Sirius on 1st January as shown below, i'm afraid Byrd you are not operating Stellarium properly, other members will view this link:-
www.scienceworldreport.com...

That's correct... I misread your statement to be "when it is exactly overhead" and of course it's not exactly overhead here in Texas at any time of any year since... maybe the Devonian era 300 million years ago? As I now understand it, you mean when Sirius is due south at the exact middle of the night, regardless of how high or low it is in the sky.

Correct?

Firstly i can not understand statement below about Latitude

That's because I wasn't quibbling about the time, but rather about when it was precisely overhead (as in, 90 degrees from the ground I was standing on.)

Sorry about that. I think we're all on the same page now... maybe?

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
Someone here isn't doing their astronomy homework correctly? How do we determine who is correct?

Well, I confess to massively misreading the message. That didn't help things (conflating "directly due south at its highest point" with "directly overhead.")

And, of course, you'd determine correctness by making a prediction. That's what science does... establish a precise pattern and then make predict a certain outcome for a certain number of events (such as "every single time that my black cat runs across my path 5 feet in front of me when I'm in the back hallway, the neighbor's dog howls. Every Single Time")

Backwards correlations don't work because you can cherry pick things. They can tighten your predictive pattern but in order to be a real outcome, you have to predict a future event that you would have no control over. Such as "every time the Moon is in Aquarius and Neptune is conjunct Mercury, the D-string on my ukulele goes flat after 5 minutes no matter how often I tune it or which strings I use or whether the strings are old or new." That would be an exact prediction and easily testable.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Backwards correlations don't work because you can cherry pick things. They can tighten your predictive pattern but in order to be a real outcome, you have to predict a future event that you would have no control over. Such as "every time the Moon is in Aquarius and Neptune is conjunct Mercury, the D-string on my ukulele goes flat after 5 minutes no matter how often I tune it or which strings I use or whether the strings are old or new." That would be an exact prediction and easily testable.

By that logic, this whole thread is an absurd exercise in the art of elaborate delusions.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

By that logic, this whole thread is an absurd exercise in the art of elaborate delusions.

That's just the basics of how formulating a law (in science) works: you find something curious, you tease out the important factors, decide which are the most important (that aren't influenced by something else... like, say, the impact of attention span by noise/cluttered environment), announce your speculation that this single thing will produce this single result and run a future prediction test (with a lot of rules to make sure it really IS a good prediction and not some random guess.)

So... astrologically you might predict that males are always born when the moon is in a water or earth sign and males are born in fire or air signs for a certain city. Then you wait and collect the data for the next four months (you don't go back and hunt through data) and see if you're right (you would find out that you were wrong in this case.)

That's a rough idea of the process. There is (as you may well know) a LOT more to it than that and a LOT of different experiment methods and modes but it pretty much boils down to that (for anyone not familiar with this).

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

Even in Scienceworld scholastic magazines being a teachers aid, they teach children about the midnight culmination of Sirius on 1st January as shown below, i'm afraid Byrd you are not operating Stellarium properly, other members will view this link:-
www.scienceworldreport.com...

That's correct... I misread your statement to be "when it is exactly overhead" and of course it's not exactly overhead here in Texas at any time of any year since... maybe the Devonian era 300 million years ago? As I now understand it, you mean when Sirius is due south at the exact middle of the night, regardless of how high or low it is in the sky.

Correct?

Firstly i can not understand statement below about Latitude

That's because I wasn't quibbling about the time, but rather about when it was precisely overhead (as in, 90 degrees from the ground I was standing on.)

Sorry about that. I think we're all on the same page now... maybe?

I feel for both of us how this mistake happened, lets put it hehind us?

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I'm busy today, I'll say more tomorrow about " intentional alignments", there is a lot to debate yet, sorry i have relatives coming today!

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 06:46 AM
link   

a reply to: Astronomer62

This all just evidence that people are superstitious, that they engineer coincidence in an effort to produce the illusion of fate and cosmic influence. We give names to the stars, they do not name us. We give life to gods, they do not give us life. Vicarious spirituality is the mirror in which we find identity because the one we have now is lonely and horrifying. The psychology of astronomy is painfully transparent but you choose to believe numbers are alive and want us to acknowledge them, not the other way around. That is your right.

Hi TzarChasm,
Please don't miss-quote me,
I have always said what i find are beliefs, as CanadianMason will tell you, i have never said anything other as an archaeoastronomer.
What i have said is "This is enough for conspiracy as many heads of state follow this process of belief in hermeticism, which voters are unaware of, in general aligning a date or building doesn't effect us, but what are the ethics of this religion, that controls us?
All this is secret society beliefs, and i have never said this is what effected the outcome, but by the nature of the beliefs in war it has influenced history, the beliefs are there in 9/11, that go back to 1922, and the process of where we are today is influenced by these beliefs, not the stars.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

In Purplemer's favour i have to say i was shaken by the amount of Presidents of the United States had a connection to either Sirius or Alnilam by birth or death at location, but to have a thesis, i would have to go through every country of the world, which slowly i'm doing, which i will show in a long time from now, the next will be Prime Ministers of the UK.

I'm very carefull what i say, and i have always said it is the beliefs, not the stars that influence history:-
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please note i'm an archeoastronomer, i'm not trying to say that the stars have any power over us, but belief in these practices does.
What i look at are not random events, that i cherry pick.
The United States Army, Air Force and Navy is the most powerful in the world.
The United States Intelligence Communities are the most powerful in the world, except for the F.B.I. all this is either aligned to Sirius or Alnilam by parent heads or by the actual branch of security agency featured below:-
Organization Parent Organization Federal Department Date est.
Sixteenth Air Force United States Air Force Defense 1948
Intelligence and Security Command United States Army Defense 1977
Central Intelligence Agency none Independent agency 1947
Coast Guard Intelligence United States Coast Guard Homeland Security 1915
Defense Intelligence Agency United States Department of Defense Defense 1961
Office of Intelligence and Counterintelligence United States Department of Energy Energy 1977
Office of Intelligence and Analysis United States Department of Homeland Security Homeland Security 2007
Bureau of Intelligence and Research United States Department of State State 1945
Office of Terrorism and Financial Intelligence United States Department of the Treasury Treasury 2004
Office of National Security Intelligence Drug Enforcement Administration Justice 2006
Intelligence Branch Federal Bureau of Investigation Justice 2005
Marine Corps Intelligence Activity United States Marine Corps Defense 1978
National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency United States Department of Defense Defense 1996
National Reconnaissance Office United States Department of Defense Defense 1961
National Security Agency/Central Security Service United States Department of Defense Defense 1952
Office of Naval Intelligence United States Navy Defense 1882
The White House is aligned to Sirius, The Washington Monument is aligned to Alnilam and Declaration of Independence is aligned to Alnilam, all premier military colleges and academy's are aligned.
en.wikipedia.org...
Do we want these very powerful military institutions run by secret societies with strange astrology beliefs??

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

I thought i would show this near to where Byrd lives, America didn't start to stop using LMT or Local Mean Time until the 1884 International Meridian Conference in Washington DC, link below:-
en.wikipedia.org...
So in 1880 in Austin, Texas at midnight at New Year during that time Sirius was culminating straight up from Due/True South, but so did most of America as each town had it's own time.

Yes, I was aware of that. I looked at it in Stellarium.

On the 11th (actually, from about the 8th to the 14th) the constellation overhead at midnight is Gemini. Sirius and Canopus are lined up to the south (and almost but not quite directly south.) The star directly overhead on New Year's Eve in Austin is Theta-Gemini. The star directly north is the very important star, Polaris (which has been used as a guidestar for most of recorded history.)

After GMT or Greenwich Mean Time it will not align in Austin, Texas, as i have had to add 31 minutes to midnight to get Sirius culminating.

Stellarium basically works on local time, whatever the numbers might have been. We could assign 30 hours to the day or even divide the day into four hours. Adding 31 minutes means it doesn't "culminate" (align directly south?) at the exact midpoint of the local nighttime.

The reason for this is each degree is equal to four minutes of time, so 15 degrees is equal to an hour, when culminating angles should be the same as Greenwich again.

I was a member briefly of a local astronomy club and I have my own telescope. You don't have to work to explain things to me.

I was also a professional astrologer for a brief time, so you won't have to explain nodes, rising signs, the various house systems, squares, relationships, etc. This will mean less typing for you!

Hi Byrd,
It is great that you have some astrology experience, because you will understand the debate below regarding two methods of calcalating fixed stars, parans are the most ancient method that comes from at least 1,300 BC, it is very accurate and the same as astronomy.
However there is another method called projected on to the Ecliptic calcalation, it isn't accurate to astronomy but is a belief associated with the Gregorian Calendar that i will explain soon, link below:-
astrologeratlarge.com...
Astronomers tend to call a star that is at its highest point by True South as being culminating, however astrologers call this conjunct the M.C. or Medium Coeli, the conjunct sign is an O with a straight line coming from the edge.
There is no way that our present astronomy calcalation will go all the way back to 1582 when our Gregorian Calendar emerged, in fact within one degree it begins shortly after 1800, but the Vatican astrologers were very clever and found ways of keeping Sirius culminating for far longer against precession.
Sirius by the inaccurate projected onto the ecliptic measure started on the first Gregorian New Year being 1583, this measure lasted by one degree to the quarter of the 1,700's, then the astronomers measure took over to now, but Pope Gregory XIII's astrologers knew this would happen this way.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I'm going to have to disagree with this...

There is no way that our present astronomy calcalation will go all the way back to 1582 when our Gregorian Calendar emerged

The rotation of the Earth is a known and fixed speed. So is the tilt. This is confirmed by measurements of tree rings, floods, and many other things (including manuscripts.) The movement of stars within the galaxy is well-known and can be calculated precisely. The heavens aren't (as people thought when astrology was developed) a painted backdrop where planets (often thought of as deities) danced and things appeared at random based on the whims of whatever deity was seen as most powerful in that pantheon for that culture.

it doesn't matter whether or not anyone was there to measure something... you can calculate the phase of the moon and which sign it was in for any date clear back to the dinosaurs (65 million years) and before that.

Now... if you're talking astrology, then you have to move back to the cultural elements and their methods of timekeeping and so forth. That's going to vary within the culture. The stars will still be the same (as will their position and the movement of the Moon and the Earth) but sometimes the cultural star watching is difficult to interpret (the star tables of Middle Kingdom Egypt are a prime example. We can interpret the Babylonians but the Egyptians were so bad at astronomy that frankly some of it isn't possible to determine.)

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I have always said what i find are beliefs, as CanadianMason will tell you, i have never said anything other as an archaeoastronomer.

More accurately, you're an archaeoASTROLOGER... not astronomer. Astronomers don't use star positions to try and determine influences. That's astrology.

What i look at are not random events, that i cherry pick.
The United States Army, Air Force and Navy is the most powerful in the world.

Perhaps for now. But this was not true until around 1950. Before that, it was the Soviet Union (en.wikipedia.org...) and before that... a lot of other countries.

The United States Intelligence Communities are the most powerful in the world, except for the F.B.I.

By all measurements, ISI, Mossad, ASIS and many others are our match or even better (source is BBC article) : www.bbcnewshub.com...

The White House is aligned to Sirius,

Do you mean the building, or the office of the President, or Mr. Trump or...?

The Washington Monument is aligned to Alnilam

I found the professional astrologers association birth chart for Washington Monument, and the MC is somewhere in Libra: www.astro.com...:_Washington_Monument

I looked in Stellarium and don't see any part of Orion in the sky at that date and time.

and Declaration of Independence is aligned to Alnilam

Orion is low on the western sky, but I don't see any correlation. Here's the birth chart: www.astro.com...:_USA_No.1

all premier military colleges and academy's are aligned.

What are you counting as premier military colleges and academies? There's either just a few of them or bunches of them and they were all founded at very different times. I assume you're only talking about the US ones and are ignoring other very famous military colleges that trained many of our leaders early in the history of the US?

Do we want these very powerful military institutions run by secret societies with strange astrology beliefs??

I think that they don't believe in astrology. Now... the Aztecs did and timed their battles according to astrology/astronomy and the same with their ceremonies. But I don't see any evidence that any current global military does this (and if they did, it'd be disastrous -- as we did in WWII when Britain's astrologers used Hess and Himmler's belief in astrology against them (other nations would simply use astrologers to figure out your plans and then hammer the US armies into pieces.)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:26 AM
link   

a reply to: Justoneman
Hi Justoneman,
I was born into Church of England, and still am a luke warm Christian, these days i'm more spiritual in nature without dogma.
I'm very careful with religion, and have never said Christians are wasting their time, my interest is about another religion called Hermeticism that few have heard of, and uses the stars to align to dates, in fact nowhere in Christian dogma's does it say we should treat Sirius as a god or heaven.
I thought i would explain a little more the "Sothic Cycle", i have on a previous page shown that Sirius behaves the same as other stars in regards to axial precession.
It is controversial to say that Sirius was the start of the Egyptian calender for more than once in every 1,460 Julian Years, as the calendar didn't use leap years, however trying to find when this happened going backwards in time has huge problems, links below:-
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
There are records that Sirius rose with the Sun on the first day of the Egyptian Calender on 20th July 0139 AD, but where did they view it from.....it could be Aswan, Thebes near Luxor, or Memphis near Cairo, but none of these places will show this, quote from Sothic Cycle link below:-
"Discovery
This cycle was first noticed by Eduard Meyer in 1904, who then carefully combed known Egyptian inscriptions and written materials to find any mention of the calendar dates when Sirius rose at dawn. He found six of them, on which the dates of much of the conventional Egyptian chronology are based. A heliacal rise of Sirius was recorded by Censorinus as having happened on the Egyptian New Year's Day between AD 139 and 142.[3] The record actually refers to 21 July AD 140 but is astronomically calculated as a definite 20 July AD 139."
The reasons for this is it was the Greeks who were able to place both Sirius and the Sun exactly on the horizon by calcalating mathematics and geometry, but you wouldn't be able to see this as the sky would be too bright, this method was called a cosmic alignment.
The Egyptian's never used this method, they did it by seeing the first glow in the East of the Sun rising, and seeing Sirius rising, so i do not have an accurate measure for this and could have changed over time and location of viewing it from, you can see by diagram provided how far Sirius is above horizon at sunrise on 20th July 0139 AD, to make calcalations involving all this is highly dubious.

Hi Byrd,
We have already established that the Egyptians were fuzzy over the Sothic Cycle, and Sirius didn't rise with the Sun on even a small amount of times to how we could calcalate on the first day of Thoth being New Year in the Egyptian Calendar, because the Egyptian Calendar never had any leap days added, in 100 years Sirius would be approx. 25 degrees off rising with the Sun, so the working of their calendar it steeped in mystery.
But legends persisted, so we come to Hermes Trismegistus, which i feel all these beliefs came from, that are apparent today in secret beliefs, link below:-
en.wikipedia.org...
In 1582 these beliefs did creep into the Catholic Church during the time of Calendar re-calibration, you can see this in the floor of Siena Cathedral with picture of Hermes Trismegistus ( not sure he even existed), link below:-
operaduomo.siena.it...
You say that you were trained as an astrologer, so it should be easy for you to use Astro-Dienst where you can calibrate a chart for yourself, use extented chart options to get projected fixed stars on the ecliptic, which isn't accurate to astronomy, so the first Gregorian New Year in Rome at midnight is time, 00:00 1st January 1583 after calendar reform, link below:-
en.wikipedia.org...
Link to Astro-Dienst below, work it out by yourself, remember you need to see connection to M.C. and Sirius:-
www.astro.com...
There is no need to debate early astrology attempts by the Egyptians, legends persisted and by 1582 astrology was well established, and the Catholic Church thought they would follow suit with the legends about Egypt and Sirius rising with the Sun on New Years Day.
Clocks by 1582 were being established, therefore the start of the day was changed to midnight with Sirius culminating!

edit on 9-3-2020 by Astronomer62 because: Edit.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 06:40 AM
link   
More info on calendar reform below and why it wasn't attempted earlier.
The Gregorian Calender Reform-Why not earlier?

In 325 AD at the Council of Nicaea, they knew the Julian Calendar was too long, as in Julius Caesar’s era, the Vernal Equinox was falling on 25th March, and by 325 AD it was falling on 22st March, regardless of this slip they fixed the Church’s date of this , even though the calendar was gaining a day every 128 years….so why didn’t they rectify the problem?

The Venerable Bede the English scholar, who lived from 673-735, noted that the Vernal Equinox had slipped three days earlier than the traditional 21st March, he complained to the Vatican, as many monks were……but the Julian Calendar remained in use….why didn’t they adapt it?

Roger Bacon believed that the calendar was out by 11 minutes every year, he complained to Rome, but nothing was done for nearly another 300 years…why?
Indeed at a time that religion was everything, it was a terrible thing to happen, imagine innocently going to church for Sunday mass, and not realizing that it was a Wednesday!

Roger Bacon worried and rightly so, that religious functions were being celebrated on the wrong day, like Easter and Christmas day! It wasn’t a difficult thing to put right, as they knew that the Vernal Equinox was slipping 3 days in every 4 hundred years- after all Sosigenes had done all the hard work, the calendar only needed slight adjustment to correct the error. It seems strange that the Julian Calendar remained for over 1600 years, yet the error stayed in place….perhaps the Vatican was waiting for a special alignment to 1st January? Precession takes centuries before the right alignment appears…….

OFFICIAL HISTORY

The motivation of the Catholic church in 1582 in changing calendars was that the Julian Calendar was too long and getting out of step with the defined seasons by 11 minutes 14 seconds a year. Further to this they wanted to calculate Easter as defined and agreed at the first Council of Nicaea in the year 325 AD, which is now modern Iznik in Turkey. The Council defined that the Spring Equinox would occur on 21st March , this means that the Sun crosses the equator from South to North around this time each year. Easter was defined to occur after the next full Moon, picking the appropriate Sunday. However by 1500 this was a difficult calculation as the real Vernal Equinox had slipped back to 11th March!

From early in the Julian Calendar a leap year day had been added every 4 years, amounting to 100 days every 400 years of 365 days. When the Gregorian Calendar was implimented only 97 leap year days were added every 400 years. To prevent future misalignment, leap years were subtracted from some start of century dates divided by four, for example 1600 was a leap year but 1700, 1800 and 1900 were not, thus the calendar we follow today is far more accurate, and only needs an extra adjustment of 1 day in 3,225 years, (26 seconds out of true in a year.).
In 1563 the Council of Trent approved a plan for calendrical errors- this required the Spring Equinox to be restored to that held at the first Council of Nicaea.
The last day of the Julian Calendar was 4th October 1582, after which 10 days were taken out making the next day the 15th October, latter we will examine why this day was chosen!

ALOYSIUS LILIUS (1510-1576)
Aloysius Lilius is one of two people that is credited with their work on the Gregorian Calendar, who was an Italian docter and astronomer. Very little is known about his early life other than he came from Calabria, he studied medicine in Naples, and lectured in medicine at the university of Perugia from 1522. He wrote a Manuscript titled “Compendium of the new plan for the restitution of the calendar”, however the reform of the calendar didn’t occur until 6 years after his death, when his brother Antonio presented the manuscript to Pope Gregory XIII.

CHRISTOPHER CLAVIUS (1538-1612).

Christopher Clavius was a German Jesuit mathematician and astronomer being the main architect of the modern Gregorian calendar, he was the most respected astronomer in Europe. Clavius joined the Jesuit Order in 1555, he attended the university of Coimbra in Portugal, in 1579 he was assigned to compute the basis for a reformed calendar that would stop the slow process in which the church’s holidays drifting relative to the seasons of the year.
After 4th October 1582 when ten days were taken out, riots broke out amongst many people, holidays, birthdays and other anniversaries were now officially reset 10 days later. This was confusing to people who were afraid the saints might be upset, some continued for a while observing Julian dates. The new calendar firmly established 1st January as the beginning of the year, many countries had been celebrating New Year on a number of dates, which was chaotic , including 1st March, 25th March, 1st May, 1st July, 1st November and 25th December!

POPE GREGORY XIII (1502-1585).

Pope Gregory XIII (Born Ugo Boncompagni) was born in the city of Bologna, he studied law and graduated in 1530, he was summoned to Rome by Pope Paul III, and held a number of appointments as first judge of the capital and vice-chancellor of the Campagna, later he was created a cardinal priest and sent to the Council of Trent by Pope Pius IV. He also served as a legate to Philip II of Spain, being sent by the Pope to investigate the Cardinal of Toledo, and during this time formed a lasting relationship with the Spanish King, which was important during his foreign policy as Pope.

Pope Gregory XIII’s foreign policy was directed to the dangers from the Protestants, and was involved with Philip II’s plan to dethrone Elizabeth I of England, during the period he was Pope , he outfitted adventurer Thomas Stukeley with a ship and an army of 800 men to land in Ireland to aid the First Desmond Rebellion, hoping to overthrow Elizabeth’s rule, this and the Second Desmond Rebellion was unsuccessful. Another embarrassing moment for the papacy was the Massacre of Huguenots in France, although it isn’t clear if he was involved in any way. In Rome he built the Gregorian Chapel in the Basilica of St. Peter. He appointed his illegitimate son, Giacomo, Castellan of St. Angelo and Gonfalonier of the church, and Philip of Spain general in his army. Pope Gregory died in 1585 and was succeeded by Pope Sixtus V.

There is no doubt that Pope Gregory XIII would have known when he decreed that the last minute of the Julian Calendar would be 23:59pm on 4th October 1582, that Sirius was rising in the East in Rome, being a last salute to the calendar that was started in Egypt by Cleopatra, Julius Caesar and Sosigenes over 1600 years earlier!.

However this was very secret esoteric electional astrology, for by taking out ten days this effected midnight and the night sky on 1st January 1583 and then on, as there is another measure that astrologers use that isn’t accurate called “PROJECTED MEASURE”, and is based on fitting all stars on the Ecliptic, being the imaginary path of the Sun throughout the year, however most stars don’t sit on this line and Sirius is one of them. Yet by this measure Sirius is aligned the M.C. (Medium Coeli), on January 1st at midnight, astrologers use a margin or orb of one degree, and Sirius by this measure was still there in 1752 when England adopted the Gregorian Calendar, a few decades later this finally become out of sync by precession, however by 1800 the accurate paran took over.

edit on 9-3-2020 by Astronomer62 because: Edit.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Not really. Sirius is Sopdet, a different goddess. Sopdet gets conflated with Isis late in Egyptian history... not Hathor

Hello

I have a different understanding than that. ISIS fully assimilates Hathor the Cow Goddess and doing so combined the two most powerful Goddesses in the country. From the New Kingdom onwards ISIS wears her cow horn sun disc. ISIS took further representation from Hathor such as the Sistrum. Hathor has a distinct personality which can be found in ISIS characteristics in the later periods.

Happy days :-)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Astronomer62

Thanks for all your work in the thread. All good will be back on the PC in a week or so.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

Not really. Sirius is Sopdet, a different goddess. Sopdet gets conflated with Isis late in Egyptian history... not Hathor

Hello

I have a different understanding than that. ISIS fully assimilates Hathor the Cow Goddess and doing so combined the two most powerful Goddesses in the country. From the New Kingdom onwards ISIS wears her cow horn sun disc. ISIS took further representation from Hathor such as the Sistrum. Hathor has a distinct personality which can be found in ISIS characteristics in the later periods.

Happy days :-)

Isis never fully assimilates Hathor. In fact, the astronomical ceiling that you discuss is in the temple of Hathor (not Isis) which was built during the Ptolemaic period and contains images of Cleopatra dressed as Hathor (and in one case as possibly "Isis-Hathor" where she's dressed as Hathor but nursing Caesarion.)

Hathor continued to be worshiped (though lesser than Isis by that period) until the ancient Egyptian religion finally died.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Isis never fully assimilates Hathor
Hathor continued to be worshiped (though lesser than Isis by that period) until the ancient Egyptian religion finally died. en.wikipedia.org...

Then by definition you are in agreement with me. Hathor was assimilated by ISIS. ISIS continuned and can be found in later cultures and continued to be popular. For example by the Greco / Roman period ISIS was represented by the grain and harvest goddess, Renenutet.

Or how about Demeter who in the words Herodouts says she is the Egpytian equivlant of Demeter. Infact there are many examples including Nana / Nemesis / Sohpia / Astarta or Athena.

:-)

y]
edit on 9-3-2020 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   

We have already established that the Egyptians were fuzzy over the Sothic Cycle, and Sirius didn't rise with the Sun on even a small amount of times to how we could calcalate on the first day of Thoth being New Year in the Egyptian Calendar, because the Egyptian Calendar never had any leap days added, in 100 years Sirius would be approx. 25 degrees off rising with the Sun, so the working of their calendar it steeped in mystery.

They kept two calendars... a civil one of 365 days and a lunar one based on the moon and observation. They would add in the month of Thoth to adjust the calendar back to 365 1/4th days. www.britannica.com...

Julius Caesar instituted the leap year system we have today.

But legends persisted, so we come to Hermes Trismegistus, which i feel all these beliefs came from, that are apparent today in secret beliefs, link below:-en.wikipedia.org...

Possibly... though Hermes Trismegistus was more involved with alchemy. It's a concocted belief and has very little to do with the real beliefs and practices of ancient Egypt.

In 1582 these beliefs did creep into the Catholic Church during the time of Calendar re-calibration, you can see this in the floor of Siena Cathedral with picture of Hermes Trismegistus ( not sure he even existed), link below:-
operaduomo.siena.it...

He did not exist.

I would argue that Hermes Trismegistus was not part of the beliefs of the Catholic Church. He was considered a "wise pagan" who saw the coming Christianity and Hermeticism (a competing belief to early Christianity) had some small impact on Christianity itself. But that all fell out of favor until the late 1400's en.wikipedia.org... when there's a revival of interest -- but he never gets adopted as a saint and never appears in numerous cathedrals. Hermeticism is eventually tied to alchemy and then to practices they considered dangerous such as necromancy.

There's actually more references/art in cathedrals and Christian lore relating to King Arthur and his knights and the Round Table than there are to Hermes Trismegistus.

You say that you were trained as an astrologer, so it should be easy for you to use Astro-Dienst where you can calibrate a chart for yourself, use extented chart options to get projected fixed stars on the ecliptic, which isn't accurate to astronomy, so the first Gregorian New Year in Rome at midnight is time, 00:00 1st January 1583 after calendar reform, link below:-
en.wikipedia.org...
Link to Astro-Dienst below, work it out by yourself, remember you need to see connection to M.C. and Sirius:-

What, exactly, am I working out here? You gave a list of organizations with year dates; when the "birth" dates were looked at there was no correlation. Could you be more specific, please?

There is no need to debate early astrology attempts by the Egyptians, legends persisted and by 1582 astrology was well established, and the Catholic Church thought they would follow suit with the legends about Egypt and Sirius rising with the Sun on New Years Day.
Clocks by 1582 were being established, therefore the start of the day was changed to midnight with Sirius culminating!

It was the Romans (long before Christianity) who decided that the day began at midnight: en.wikipedia.org...

The ancient material about Sirius that comes down to us is mainly Roman, with some Greek notes as well. Remember that these languages persisted (where hieroglyphs and the writing of Egypt did not) and that every well-educated person was expected to be familiar with Greek and Roman writings. They form the basis of our philosophy and religion: articles.adsabs.harvard.edu...

In fact, the Romans had a very elaborate set of beliefs about Sirius (see Holberg, Jay B. Sirius: Brightest diamond in the night sky. Springer Science & Business Media, 2007. )

Egyptian legends persist only because Romans wrote about them, and the Romans and Greeks don't record anything about Sirius from the Egyptians (as far as I know... if you can provide references to contradict this please do.)
edit on 9-3-2020 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join