It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Wonder We Are In Such INSANE Debt- Americans MUST Put a Stop to This

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   

A $500,000 'golden potty,' $22 million on Serbian cheese, $467,000 to study frog mating calls and a $84,375 Bob Dylan statue:
Republican senator Rand Paul unveils annual Festivus list of wasteful government spending

Sen. Rand Paul dropped his Festivus Report 2019, which detailed $50,463,462,292.35 in government spending he was aggrieved about
Paul celebrates Festivus, the December 23 holiday made popular in the 1990s by the sitcom 'Seinfeld'
In this year's report he knocked the government for spending $500,000 on a self-cleaning toilet at a D.C.-area Metro station
He pointed to a $22 million effort to get Serbian cheese up to international standards, while the U.S. is experiencing a historic cheese surplus
And he knocked NIH studies, including one that looked into whether there was a link between drinking alcohol and going to the emergency room

That is from here:
www.dailymail.co.uk...

The actual report is here:
www.scribd.com...

And reading through it is infuriating.

Now look, I don't care which side of the isle you are on. But THIS???

It's gotta stop. THE END.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican
That's like the time they wanted to find out which ketchup was better. Also the time that they made a new branch of the military called the space force.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   

If heared that contracters and bobo's at the pentagon are so shamelss corrupt that they charge a few hundred thousend dollars for a few screws. Guess where that money does disappear into. If you ask me the corruption in the USA is completely out of control and everybody joins in...and if you do not play ball you will have no carreer to look frward too. And this is prbably not only a problem in the US but many nations in this world. It is disgusting and nobody seems to have the moral or authority to stop it.

+20 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Ketchup check. The Space Force though, that is another issue entirely, when you understand what China/Russia has been doing to dominate us. Have to disagree there.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   

In my mind I always dreamed that we have crazy debt because we are investing and researching amazing technologies but it has been decades and we are not seeing anything amazing. if you told me it was 1999 I would believe you except for smart phones... The powers that be are keeping great tech to themselves or something and that is not cool.

My problem is that I think they are competent to spend in a responsible way.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Welcome to the world of compromise. I'm not sure how we expected over 400 members in the House to ever agree on how money should be spent in the first place without craziness slipping in somewhere.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I'd be far more pissed about the nearly $1 trillion of spending in Afghanistan.....
www.thebalance.com...

And the continued money flowing in that will disappear to the Taliban, which in turn will keep funding terrorist groups to attack the West, so that we spend more money, so it can be given to terrrorists, who can blow us up, so that we spend.....

2020 budget for the Stan

comptroller.defense.gov...

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

And the continued money flowing in that will disappear to the Taliban, which in turn will keep funding terrorist groups to attack the West, so that we spend more money, so it can be given to terrrorists, who can blow us up, so that we spend.....

Just more proof that life is a vicious cycle where anything that can be used for good is capable of being used for evil too, but we need to do a better job of analyzing when one is outweighing the other.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   

There are more published stories of Trump walking folks thru his penthouse and Mara Lago...pointing out "That gold sink cost $Xxxxx..."

Start your search....

+19 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

There are more published stories of Trump walking folks thru his penthouse and Mara Lago...pointing out "That gold sink cost $Xxxxx..."

Start your search....

but he didn't use taxpayer dollars for that, be paid for them himself. loose the TDS.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   

maybe somewhere in there is the answer to how congressmen can come in poor like me, and leave filthy rich, on a 170k a year salary in DC.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   
thanks Trump.

the spending and debt continue

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
That's like the time they wanted to find out which ketchup was better. Also the time that they made a new branch of the military called the space force.

Space force likely already existed just not as its own branch.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Let's just pretend for a moment that Trump really put his foot down and tackled our governments wasteful spending. He would first have to draw attention to it by throwing names out which would include both Democrats and Republicans. That would be an amazing thing to see and a true example of leadership we'd all love to witness.

Here's the problem. The man was just impeached by the house on hearsay and speculation. We're talking about being charged for crimes with not even an iota of evidence. The Senate will be the only reason he isn't removed from office. Had he taken on the waste, would he still have the support of the same Senate Republicans he would've implicated?

Truth is, there is no one man or woman that can hold the Presidency and fight off two corrupt parties at the same time. Any attempt to do so would lead to another baseless impeachment but would result in the successful removal of the President to keep the dirty money flowing into the pockets of these self-interest serving representatives infesting both sides of the isle.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

maybe somewhere in there is the answer to how congressmen can come in poor like me, and leave filthy rich, on a 170k a year salary in DC.

You have to be rich to be a politician ...they make the rules for the rest of us....while not living the way we all do

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Actually if you look into the net worth of our politicians before office and now... that's why we are in such incredible debt. Look into all the "scientific studies" we pay for... that's why were are in such terrible debt.

I remember reading once Obama bought $60k worth of hotdogs. Just think of all the other things the media doesn't say with all past presidents.

I'm not even going to mention the pyramid scheme of funneling military aid to nations back into the politicians pockets. That's going to come into light soon by people who know what they are doing.

Needless spending like OP suggest is much greater then the OP suggests. Tip of iceberg. I would have looked further into it before making a thread on it.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: zatara

If heared that contracters and bobo's at the pentagon are so shamelss corrupt that they charge a few hundred thousend dollars for a few screws.

The ignorance is strong here. Depending on what these "few screws" are used on, they might be worth the price. As I recall there were a "few screws" on the F-14 Tomcat that were pretty expensive. Of course they were made of a special alloy, precision forged, heat treated, machined, nitrided and x-rayed. Of course if they failed, you would lose the aircraft and Grumman would be liable for the loss of the aircraft, the loss of or injuries sustained to the crew and other damages. These "few screws" were not something that you could run down to the local hardware store and buy.

I'm pretty sure that United Airlines almost lost an aircraft a few years back, because, someone in their supply system bought counterfeit hardware from China. It isn't only the military.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

I think the poster was talking about continued fraudulent charges to our government like the following that dates back to 2007...

Woman Defrauds Defense Dept Out Of $20M

August 17, 2007 / 3:57 PM / CBS/AP

An owner of a defunct company accused of bilking the Defense Department out of more than $20 million, including charging nearly $1 million to ship two 19-cent washers, pleaded guilty Thursday to federal wire fraud and money laundering.

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Everyone should be pissed about Afghanistan with all the information that has come out there. They pumped money into Afghanistan and just told the military to spend it.

Extreme wastefulness and no one has any idea what the main goal is in Afghanistan.

Every president (including trump) lies about Afghanistan and hides the real goal.

Indefinite stays and spending..

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGhoul

Yea.. Republicans bashed Obama for vacation spending constantly until trump came along and out did obama.

Does any president care about fixing the debt?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join