It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Wonder We Are In Such INSANE Debt- Americans MUST Put a Stop to This

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

If americans cared about wasteful spending we would never have voted for trump.
Whatever he is good or bad a fiscal conservative he is not.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: zatara

Except they usually don't. Those stories all started with the $600 hammer, which it turns out, was all on paper. The actual cost of the hammer was no more than you'd pay in any hardware store.
edit on 12/21/2019 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

Space Force is actually going to save us money in the long run. As it stands now, the Army, Navy, and Air Force all have their own Space Commands. They do everything from monitor the weather, to running communications and imaging satellites. Only they all do basically the same thing for each service. So we're paying multiple times to do the same thing. Under Space Force most of those missions will eventually be rolled into one command.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined
a reply to: JIMC5499

I think the poster was talking about continued fraudulent charges to our government like the following that dates back to 2007...

Hang a few of them. It will stop. Several years ago I applied for a job in Research and Development. The interview went great. When it came time for them to make me an offer, it was for Documentation. I turned it down. A few years later the brothers that owned the company at the time (they had sold it) got busted for fraud. If I would have took the job, I'd have been right in the middle of the mess.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Let's take a look at Trump. When he goes of vacation, he takes his own jet. He stays at property that he owns. Hell he's a bargain!

Anybody remember Obama taking Air Force One to Martha's Vineyard, Michelle and the girls taking a separate jet. The taxpayers footing the bill for lodgings. I can go on and on.

(post by ManFromEurope removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope
Got a source for that?

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

originally posted by: zatara

If heared that contracters and bobo's at the pentagon are so shamelss corrupt that they charge a few hundred thousend dollars for a few screws.

The ignorance is strong here. Depending on what these "few screws" are used on, they might be worth the price. As I recall there were a "few screws" on the F-14 Tomcat that were pretty expensive. Of course they were made of a special alloy, precision forged, heat treated, machined, nitrided and x-rayed. Of course if they failed, you would lose the aircraft and Grumman would be liable for the loss of the aircraft, the loss of or injuries sustained to the crew and other damages. These "few screws" were not something that you could run down to the local hardware store and buy.

I'm pretty sure that United Airlines almost lost an aircraft a few years back, because, someone in their supply system bought counterfeit hardware from China. It isn't only the military.

Yeah, I don't buy the "$50 screw" anecdotes without knowing the details. Often times, you need a specialized piece that has to be made to spec and since you aren't buying millions of them, but maybe a couple of thousand, the design and production cost relative to the number manufactured could in fact result in a $50 screw. However, it isn't something that you can just run down to Lowe's and pick up either and that one screw may be a critical component keeping a multi million dollar piece of equipment operational.

With all that said, there is a ton of waste in government. A TON. The thing that annoys me is that we could actually afford a lot of things as a country if we weren't pissing so much money away across the board.

We maybe could afford universal healthcare if we weren't pissing money away on illegal aliens, fighting useless wars, and giving out all kinds of other subsidies.

Govt can't prioritize and our politicians have to bend the knee to every special interest group that knocks on their door. this is the problem. They make one exception and the next thing you know the entire system is blowing cash like a drunk in Vegas.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
thanks Trump.

the spending and debt continue

Let me explain....

Republican debt is much different than Democrat debt. GOP debt is good because it stimulates the economy and isn't corrupt.

edit on 21-12-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
CHICKEN FEED!!!!!
You've got two go to frighteners that people on here use:-
Russia
China
With a new one just added.
Aliens.
Millions of $s nothing. Last year the defence budget was $648 BILLION. That's billion not million. Oh, and they lost about $21 billion that they cannot account for.
Can ANYONE on here come up with a sincere convincing answer as to why America needs anywhere near this amount of defence.
Russia?? Russia can just about look after itself never mind about "NATO" countries or even the far off America.
China?? China has no intentions of attacking any US land and as I've said before < with the US deep in the cesspit, If China wanted America it would just buy it.
Now the biggie go to. ALIENS. "We must defends ourselves against alien invasion". There is not even an ounce of evidence that any alien race is going to try to take America.
But the nice bit about that is, on the one hand to frighten you of alien invasion, and on the other hand, Wait for it, according to the government aliens don't exist.
Now anybody want to answer just what is American DEFENCE for. And don't come out with the BS of fighting terrorists all over the world.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Im an American steel worker. The quality product we make is found in many bridges through out the US. Both the Oakland bay bridge and the Golden Gate retro fit have mega tons of our product in them, so if an earth quake cracks or breaks the cement. the bridge will not collapse with people on it, but hang together on our high carbon steel product.

Unfortunately, other reinforcement used in the Oakland Bay bridge, is giant bolts, deep inside the cement, that were produce by China. They have cracked and failed.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

thanks Trump.

Let me explain....

Republican debt is much different than Democrat debt. GOP debt is good because it stimulates the economy and isn't corrupt.

Plus, the Democrats are much better at raising taxes on the middle class

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Let's take a look at Trump. When he goes of vacation, he takes his own jet. He stays at property that he owns. Hell he's a bargain!

Anybody remember Obama taking Air Force One to Martha's Vineyard, Michelle and the girls taking a separate jet. The taxpayers footing the bill for lodgings. I can go on and on.

The tax payers are not getting a deal when Trump sets them up in his hotels or Mar Lago.
The costs are 3 times what you would pay at the Hilton.

Have you looked at the prices Trump charges?

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Agreed....only peeps against it is the af and usn who stand to lose funding. Boohoo. Kickin ass is more important than ego.

a reply to: Zaphod58

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

So if we just stop spending the world is going to suddenly get along, peace will break out and everyone will cooperate? We should just ignore defense agreements, screw our allies, and let whatever happens happen?

Show me where anyone in any official capacity has said anything about defending anyone against aliens.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   
1.make a company.

2.Become a politician.

3.Make the US tax payer buy everything from your company for a ridiculous price.

4. Use that money to "lobby" for your company.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

The tax payers are not getting a deal when Trump sets them up in his hotels or Mar Lago.

The costs are 3 times what you would pay at the Hilton.

Have you looked at the prices Trump charges?

I'm not sure you know how the government works, but they have a fixed price range that they provide employees so they know how much they are allowed to spend.

www.gsa.gov...

(post by Oblique9043 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   

thanks Trump.

Sounds like severe tds, were winning and are going to keep on winning, hail maga.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)
No Political Trolling.....either in words or images. Please read new thread.

Community Announcement re: Decorum
You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join