It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 24

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

'Tis a movie that I thought you may like.

Now I have a kitty telling me to get to bed. Don't want to make her cranky.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

Lately while the young fella (17 old) is at home on school holidays I've been tasking him to cook dinner. Last night he made a beaut Spaghetti Bolognaise. Night before we prepared a beef pie, he mashed some spuds and lathered the top. I then, using my xmas present being a chef's torch, gave the top of the mash a crispy burnt look. He does cooking at school and he's a bloke too.

Great! Important skill. Cooking.
I don't know about other continents but here the so-called TV dinners are a pure hoax. I don't eat very much, but i would need 2 or 3 of those just for there to be enough food to make my hunger go away. Then we are talking about a 10 euro case here, and with that money, i can easily eat five days if i make the food from scratch. That way i get to use more fresh ingredients too.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife
Bally001 - I'm so sorry that you lost your boat. Hopefully insurance or such will help but now all you have are photos to recall are the memories of the great adventures you may have had with the lost boat. Having PTSD myself I can feel some of the pain the fires have put you through.

Be well my friend. Sorry that I don't post here more often.

No wuckers mate. All par for the course through life. Yes I do hold fond memories of days (daze) on the boat. Picnics, travelling, camping, fishing and what not but still fond of the vessel. Buried where it burned. Kept the solid stainless steel propeller though. Only intact thing left apart from the anchors. Propeller cost me $1,000 back in 2010.

Sitting on my back verandah as I type. Might mount it on the wall but if someone offers me a decent price I'd sell it.

Cheers for your thoughts.

Kindest,

Bally

edit on 21-1-2020 by bally001 because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 02:10 AM
link   

No wuckers mate. All par for the course through life.

I really admire how you are taking this in a mature and responsible way.

Most likely i would just be mad at the universe, shake my fists up to the sky and just shout.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy

Lately while the young fella (17 old) is at home on school holidays I've been tasking him to cook dinner. Last night he made a beaut Spaghetti Bolognaise. Night before we prepared a beef pie, he mashed some spuds and lathered the top. I then, using my xmas present being a chef's torch, gave the top of the mash a crispy burnt look. He does cooking at school and he's a bloke too.

Great! Important skill. Cooking.
I don't know about other continents but here the so-called TV dinners are a pure hoax. I don't eat very much, but i would need 2 or 3 of those just for there to be enough food to make my hunger go away. Then we are talking about a 10 euro case here, and with that money, i can easily eat five days if i make the food from scratch. That way i get to use more fresh ingredients too.

Yeah, I agree. My dad taught me the skills and I also followed mum's example when it came to a spread on the table. I have always involved my children in cooking and enjoy it when they take control of the kitchen. I don't mind washing up afterwards.

Today we preheated bacon. Then the left over mash from last night was mixed with curry powder. I basically did nothing other than show young fella what to do. He then wrapped portions of the curry mash in bacon portions and pegged them together with toothpicks. Coated each with blended egg yolks. (No whites). Torched the ends to prevent too much spillage. Into the oven at 180 then down to 150.

Worked out perfect. He learnt a new recipe with left over mash. He was pleased with the result and showed his mum when she got home from work this evening with pride and...ate a fair few portions.

Nice and crispy.

Kind regards, bally

edit on 21-1-2020 by bally001 because: comprehension

edit on 21-1-2020 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I want to come over and help you knock your place back together.

I’m pretty sharp with a drill, hammer and spade.

Unfortunately our budget cannot allow this unless I sell another of my sons kidneys to the Chink doctor down the road... 😉😳😳😳

I hope my positive thoughts can help and if you want me to send Reiki your way let me know mate.

Thanks for the answer concerning if you were a bloke or not (For a couple of moments I thought you were one of those pink haired train or truck driving wimmin and clenched my buttocks...!) JOOOOOOKE for anyone American.

Hugs n snot n stuff

Lags

a reply to: bally001

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 02:27 AM
link   
As Billy Connolly once said in front of the queen :

« Phuq « 

Double post as that time of the day.

Right... back to my sons kidney... « scalpel! »
edit on 21-1-2020 by Lagomorphe because: I am crap

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

Thanks for the answer concerning if you were a bloke or not (For a couple of moments I thought you were one of those pink haired train or truck driving wimmin and clenched my buttocks...!) JOOOOOOKE for anyone American.

Hugs n snot n stuff

Lags

I can do that! I'll be anyone you want me to be if you come over. I'm sure true love would be amused. If you bring your hammer, I'll show you mine. You'll love my snot n stuff. Just the other day I had a tooth extracted which was causing sinus on the left side of may face. My snot smells and tastes like sewerage. Product of ash and smoke. Better hurry over, I don't know how long that will last. Back to the dentist soon for repairs.

Cheers, love your work.

Bally

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Hugs n snot n stuff

Lags

I can do that! I'll be anyone you want me to be if you come over. I'm sure true love would be amused. If you bring your hammer, I'll show you mine. You'll love my snot n stuff. Just the other day I had a tooth extracted which was causing sinus on the left side of may face. My snot smells and tastes like sewerage. Product of ash and smoke. Better hurry over, I don't know how long that will last. Back to the dentist soon for repairs.

Cheers, love your work.

Bally

Dentist???

Naaaaahhh... bugger that... Superglue!

I have a big hammer... In fact a couple including one of those electric ones that destroys bone.... erm... rocks in next to nothing...

Right, back to work here as I have a client arriving in about 30 minutes...

« Where is that damned scalpel and bone saw!? »

Lags

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy

No wuckers mate. All par for the course through life.

I really admire how you are taking this in a mature and responsible way.

Most likely i would just be mad at the universe, shake my fists up to the sky and just shout.

Well put it this way good friend,

Thinking for reply...The fire lingered over the hill for a few months. Related that in Shed 23 with maps and other stuff. I knew it was coming. Then the noise, smoke, storm and wind. Boat goes up (Dammit!) Sheds and Machinery go up (Dammit!) Carport and 4 wheel drive (Which I towed the boat with) explodes (Dammit!) Fire storm chases me into the house and catches the floor. Hot footing (Dammit!) My fav hat blows away (Dammit!) Big cabin turns into a fire tornado with a fireworks display as a couple boxes of portable gas cylinders for camping go boom boom boom (Dammit!) Wind changes and fire cuts off my escape plan. (Crikey!!!) Water pressure gives out (WTF?) Back Verandah is alight (Strewth!) Using buckets. (Dammit!) Chook house alight, (Dammit dammit dammit!!) Lose one chook (ok) Wind and ember storms, sparks and flames all around. (SH1T?@!!!) Buckets Buckets Buckets. All farm pipes are melted. Dam has reached critical level and the little wharf burns away with the pipes.

Hmm. All around explosions echoing as other houses with gas bottles explode. The fire across the hills lights up the black sky kinda like I would imagine a volcano looks like at night. I move the vehicles next to the house as the worst has passed over. True loves precious car and my sons ute which I used to quell flames around my neighbors house. Big fat tyres are good doing spin outs on flaming grass. Left Al's place next door with a few more driveways.

Dawn and I can sit down.

True love, young fella and the dogs escaped. (Bonus) Cat's are fine. (Bonus) Saved all but 1 chook and they at laying at a greater rate (Bonus) Geese are still about causing problems (Bonus) Flora and Fauna returning (Bonus) Rain filling tanks, dams and our little plastic/vinal pool (Bonus) Have a house (and so does Al) still while just about everybody's houses were lost. (Extra bonus for us but tragic for the rest) Trueys car to be repaired and resprayed (Bonus) Insurance for losses still being assessed. Starting up the veg garden after rain (Bonus) Lessons learned (Bonus) Still smiling (Bonus) Truey laughing (Bonus) Son cooking (Bonus) Went for a swim with Truey in the little pool today (Bonus) Truey brings home a bottle of bubbly just for me after work (Triple point bonus
) Sitting here relating this story to you Fin man (Big bonus).

So...The positives far outweigh the losses. By heaps mate.
Always in life.

My kind regards as always,

Bally

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Blummin double post again.

ATS hates me 😞
edit on 21-1-2020 by Lagomorphe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 03:50 AM
link   

ATS hates me 😞

Try dressing up in pink and clenching your buttocks then ats will love you.

Bally

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 04:08 AM
link   

ATS hates me 😞

Bally

I have been wearing my pink gerbil in a tutu outfit for years now whilst clenching my buttocks...

No change so far at that fatal hour!

Lags

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 05:13 AM
link   

ATS hates me 😞

Bally

I have been wearing my pink gerbil in a tutu outfit for years now whilst clenching my buttocks...

Lags

You'd fit in well here in Aussie. Add wings mate. I made my wings from crushed insects set in resin. The different colored Xmas beetles and dragon flies shimmer in the sun. All natural too. My resin is made from wattle sap and the bonus there is I can eat it as I work.

Sadly, no-one is interested in my workshops

Bally

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 05:51 AM
link   

ATS hates me 😞

Bally

Lags

You'd fit in well here in Aussie. Add wings mate. I made my wings from crushed insects set in resin. The different colored Xmas beetles and dragon flies shimmer in the sun. All natural too. My resin is made from wattle sap and the bonus there is I can eat it as I work.

Sadly, no-one is interested in my workshops

Bally

Nom nom nom!

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   
It’s looking much better going into the future now. I will eventually heal from past disappointments of lies and head games... and continue to pray for this individual.

The one solace I have is that I do believe at some point all truth shall be revealed about many things. That is my consolation going forward. I wish everyone truth and peace.

There is no past.. only future..”

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Yeah, perhaps Sheye. That is just a silly example I proffered. A dance off can happen at any time between us.

Sounds like a fun spontaneous type of relationship,Bally. I’m happy that you and ‘truey’ have such a unique special relationship and I’m sure your children appreciate it as well. That’s the sort of love children need to see in the home so they can choose and become good life partners themselves.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Wow, a perfect example of looking on the brighter side of things! That's one thing I always noticed about you.

Me? I would be devastated and crying my eyes out. I'd be a negative Nelly, but grateful for lives saved and what I had left.

You reminded me of my Grandmother when you said 'verandah'. When I first heard my Irish Grandmother say 'verandah', I said, "What the hell is that? LOL

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Follow the path and it will lead you to a grand and colorful garden. I brought the summer faery and she made things lovely and warm for us. Tables are set up and food and drinks will be served. There will be music playing softly in the background. Ah, another beautiful day in the Shedlands.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Today is...

National Squirrel Appreciation Day

Next time you see a squirrel thank it for doing it's job of helping to reduce the number of nuts in the world.

new topics

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join