It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 24

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Just a little nostalgia, I finally figured out how to retrieve my pictures. These are my babies. one removed.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

What a beautiful photo of your fur babies out in nature! You should frame it.

It's devastating when we lose a precious pet or know they are getting old and their time with us is limited. Still, it is such a gift to have them in our lives and we'll always have beautiful memories of all the love and joy they brought us.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPakSyx

It is so wonderful to see dragons upon the page again, and to have you back home where you belong.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Good Morning or whatever it is for you!
I'll be going out with my Sister later for lunch and then a stop at The Honey Shop. Mark wants to try one of their CBD products and I might get an essential oil.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I love your inspirational quote of do everything in love. After a particularly disappointing friendship where I dealt with lies and emotional abuse along with head games , I do need to remember to forgive with love, though it’s so very hard at times. I seem to flop back and forth from forgiving with little resentment, to feelings of righteous justice in exposing him for what he is actually capable of in hyperbole and dishonesty.

Unfortunately, I haven’t always been dealt with in love as well... by more than a few 😂.. and they feel quite justified in treating me like dirt, especially behind the scenes, which makes it difficult to treat them with love , but not impossible. Because Jesus asked us to forgive our enemies and pray for them... I try very hard to do that. Some days are more difficult than others though, but I continue to work at it.

edit on 22-1-2020 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

It takes more energy to resent than it does to just move on. It's not easy sometimes. Everyone has their faults, myself included. Being in a state of peace is vital yet mankind struggles. I take one day at a time. If I find myself in a situation where things are really bad, I'll take one hour or even one minute at a time to see my way through.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: Sheye

It takes more energy to resent than it does to just move on. It's not easy sometimes. Everyone has their faults, myself included. Being in a state of peace is vital yet mankind struggles. I take one day at a time. If I find myself in a situation where things are really bad, I'll take one hour or even one minute at a time to see my way through.

I think the resentment is on an equal balance to how much of your heart you gave in a friendship ( not talking romance here )... and how deeply you were disappointed and hurt. Some can move on with little resentment because they never really cared that deeply to begin with... while others struggle more because their hearts have been wounded and disappointed on a deeper level.

Yes Night..everyone has their faults.. some more than others perhaps ? .. in God’s eyes even ?
Ultimately, first, I care about truth, though everyone is guilty of fudging truth a bit, depending on various reasons. Some just have much more nefarious or selfish reasons to lie. After truth comes love and forgiveness.

Perhaps that is not in proper order.. but I trust my God will help fix it in time. I so need His strength and wisdom some days.

Another song dedicated to my God..

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Quiet in here...

time for some uplifting music

my favourite harpist..

Ok.. maybe not so uplifting, but definitely interesting.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I do appreciate the advice and encouragement. I’m sorry if I didn’t make that clear.

Eventually I let go of my resentments Night.. and often have a good chuckle about them years after the fact.
Have even become friends with some after honestly airing out grievances.

Some do go a little deeper than others though, depending on the cause. Trying to work hard at letting it go and I’m getting better at it.. I think .. I hope.

Life is too short to hang on to resentments.. but sometimes it’s hard not to let certain people and their behaviour get under your skin... but that is just something I need to work on. I do find some people’s behaviour extremely comical after the fact.. which makes it easy not to have resentments against them even if they are lying about me or striking out at me.

It all gets to be one big clown show after awhile and you just quit caring so much and laugh about it instead.

Once again.. thank you for the reply.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

Maybe next she will want to play an instrument. You can play music together.

She started piano lessons this year.
We're on our way.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Finally the new place is starting to feel like home. The pictures, dreamcatchers and all similar wall hangings are hung; the writing station is set up and well supplied with references of all array within reach; my vocal booth is assembled and the music room is otherwise coming along well. I've got projects galore and am excited to get to them! Hope all's well with the gang!

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Yay ! Home sweet home !

Wishing you all the best on your exciting new projects coming up.

Good to see you pop in to say hi. Take care of yourself.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   
My wee boy says to hol me breath
He could be the wise one, all though I would like to expose an expletive or two.
So much for be'n nice and all, it sucks.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   

How wonderful for you DOE! Wow, a vocal booth and music room! I would love to see pics.
And a writing station too? I can just feel the creativity swirling around at your place.
Good luck to your Daughter with her piano lessons!

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Love those precious babies! Give them snuggles for me please.

Ooooh, love your latest avatar!

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Oh.. life can be too funny at times... but it can also be sad.

One thing I would like to say to the mods that mod this thread.. my apologies if I made it tougher for you at times. Your job isn’t easy .. ( though sometimes it must be a hoot 😂).. and I just want to put it out there that I do have respect for what you have to do to maintain peace... though I haven’t always felt that way.

I’ve been guilty of offering opinions that weren’t asked for in this thread at times, and being impatient and judgemental as well as overly sensitive in my reactions to certain perceived slights, some of which were real , others perhaps not as much.

I honestly do feel badly about some posts and accusations I’ve made, and I’m moving forward in a more positive direction this year...which also includes forgiving others and letting go of old resentments even if they do rear their ugly heads on occasion.

Wish me luck mods !

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Well it looks like I’m going to get the opportunity to practice forgiving my enemies.😂

I just got the most abusive , raging , accusatory email in my email box.

Apparently I’m a loser with no life and a big fake.

mkay.. moving on .. wishing this person the best going forward... and I do mean that. 😏

Now how can I add a happy note to this post ? A song ? A small poem ? A story ?

Nah.. I already give my good wishes .. and won’t hold the nasty email against this obviously troubled soul who has a history of blaming and judging others.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
Well it looks like I’m going to get the opportunity to practice forgiving my enemies.😂

I just got the most abusive , raging , accusatory email in my email box.

Apparently I’m a loser with no life and a big fake.

mkay.. moving on .. wishing this person the best going forward... and I do mean that. 😏

Now how can I add a happy note to this post ? A song ? A small poem ? A story ?

Nah.. I already give my good wishes .. and won’t hold the nasty email against this obviously troubled soul who has a history of blaming and judging others

Hey friend. Don't open your emails to those's who try to make you feel bad about yourself. Reply to them at your own time. Think about how they make you feel, and express your feelings with thought and common sense. Remember

You have a wonderful life that you have created for yourself. Never let anyone else change you.

Believe in yourself

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Love coming here to the Shed.

I always feel safe here.

Thank you to "Nightstar" for hosting this special place.

And thank you to all the good souls that visit. and make this magical place as magical as it is.

Cleaning up and relaxing after a fun week of snowmobiling, fishing, and just enjoying life with family and friends.

Now having to indur about 2 months with total quiet........

LOVE IT

Time to reflect. Nature has it ways.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Thank you so much !

Honestly though.. I’m not afraid of raging emails.. 😂.. and when they are so obviously wrong and so full of malice.. I end up having pity on them ( even though that’s what they say about me.. that they have pity on me.. which I find comical )

Some people are so afraid to look at their own baggage and failures in seeing the truth.. or worse yet.. they are fully aware of the truth, and lie to cover it up.

Grateful to have one less person like this in my life to deal with. The emails will stop ( both ways ).. and I will be free to live my life without a hyperbolic drama king with a penchant for lying ,when wanting to impress or avoid shame... or just plain manipulate.

Hopefully he doesn’t contact me again in a few months like last time saying he’s sorry, he was wrong.. blah blah blah.

Sometimes you just need to be done for good as friends... considering all things weighed up.

I can move forward wishing someone who has serious issues the best in life...Just don’t contact me again.. evah.. because I can’t fix you..and I’ve moved on like I hope they have.( They say they have.. lets hope they mean it )

edit on 23-1-2020 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join