It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 24

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: bally001

Such a romantic. Sweet.

Jeez, from fires to floods? Ya got a boat in case?

Sadly my boat burnt.

My beautiful boat before the fire,

Totally destroyed and melted. Sniff. Tear.

Kind regards

Bally

edit on 20-1-2020 by bally001 because: Add pics.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 03:57 AM
link   

a reply to: Nyiah

OMG, ahahaha!! That was a great read over coffee this morning! You crack me up Nyiah.

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

You are the Master. I am with Night this made my day.
After a sixteen hours first day marathon you had me laugh'n my boots off. Way to go girl.

Lol, I'm glad I could make you guy chuckle, we're still chuckling about it ourselves

Speaking of things to chuckle over, hubby had to call of work yesterday because the car wouldn't start. Oh I know, I know, "What's there to chuckle over with that, Nyiah??" Well, not the calling off work part, for sure.

But the fact I nailed what was wrong when he overlooked it was funny as hell. I've never driven a car in my life, and I cracked the mystery, he's not living it down XD

He vapor locked it.

And it took until lunch for me to get a word in edgewise to suggest as much, because he spent hours poking around the engine & was convinced it was electronic (a dead fuel sensor, he suspected) He overlooked one of the most obvious & common non-starting causes XD

Needless to say, after applying DIY "unlock" steps, it started right up. I ribbed him the entire day, he earned it

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

Such a romantic. Sweet.

Jeez, from fires to floods? Ya got a boat in case?

Sadly my boat burnt.

My beautiful boat before the fire,

Totally destroyed and melted. Sniff. Tear.

Kind regards

Bally

Oh Bally, that's awful! That was a gorgeous boat, I'd be a sobbing ball in a corner somewhere

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

My mind is elsewhere. Thinking....Flood,

Oh no.. 🤭.. too many rain dances. 😕

There is never enough rain dancing to be had mate. When true love is dancing, looks at me, tilts her head, blinks and smiles. I'll dance the night away.

Kind regards,

Bally

‘true love’ must indeed look mesmerizing to her beloved Bally when she is rain dancing. May she rain dance long into the future.

edit on 20-1-2020 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2020 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Oh noooo! That was a beauty Bally. Did your insurance cover it???

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   

You've never driven a car either? That is rare. I figured I was the only one here. The only driving I ever did if you want to call it that, is riding around a huge parking lot when Hubby tried teaching me. I remember him yelling out, "LOOK OUT FOR THE TREE!" as I was trying to back up. I said, "What tree?" I didn't hit it though thank God. I didn't mind driving a car, it was other cars on the road that scared me, so I wouldn't drive.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Brrrrr! Tis a cold dreary winter's day where you just want to stay snuggled and warm beneath a soft warm blanket. Bare trees, grey skies. BUT...here at the Shed, we have a fire going, good company and conversation. I'll get the coffee and donuts.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Sadly my boat burnt.

Oh... that is just bad and sad news

I don't know anything about boats, but yours was a very beautiful one.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Oh noooo! That was a beauty Bally. Did your insurance cover it???

Methinks not because of where I parked it away from the house and not undercover. It was in a cleared area. I am waiting for a reply. I saw it going up while I was tending to Al's place next door. Pretty sure flying embers got onto the covers and it went from there. Very hot as I drove back past it to tend to my place. It was about 35 meters from the house and unfortunately the fire storm blew from that direction.

Fun family boat when the kids were younger. We toured a lot in it.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Oh Bally, that's awful! That was a gorgeous boat, I'd be a sobbing ball in a corner somewhere

Thanks for your concern. Not much I could've done at the time. Boat was, how can I put it, in a place out of it's element. The bush. We lost a lot more important possessions.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy

Sadly my boat burnt.

Oh... that is just bad and sad news

I don't know anything about boats, but yours was a very beautiful one.

Thanks mate. Yes, it was a mean water machine. Caught a lot of fish from it in the ocean. Won a bronze medal in a coastal fishing competition with the boat and towed true love and the kids about on rivers and inland waterways skiing and tubing.

Can't replace it. They don't make them anymore.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Brrrrr! Tis a cold dreary winter's day where you just want to stay snuggled and warm beneath a soft warm blanket. Bare trees, grey skies. BUT...here at the Shed, we have a fire going, good company and conversation. I'll get the coffee and donuts.

There's a contrast for you. It's nearly 6.30am here and I'm sitting in a pair of shorts and nothing else

Drinking coffee though. Need to get up early to get some work in. Transplanting native grasses around the property while it's wet. Truey stacks up piles of burnt trees and timbers onto stumps preparing for the burn off in May.

Now I've got water I'll be attacking the vege garden again soon. Have to hook the big pump up again to the dam. Bit sad not to see any sign of my fish now it's full. We used to enjoy feeding them. Are well, there's always the chook's and they've been laying everyday. Plenty of eggs. Filling up the fridge.

4 boiled eggs for breakfast is the norm now. Bit of pepper and some toast washed down with Nescafe's finest blend.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

There is never enough rain dancing to be had mate. When true love is dancing, looks at me, tilts her head, blinks and smiles. I'll dance the night away.

Kind regards,

Bally

And I thought you were a bloke!

Normally I am, but at my age I have engaged in doing the homely things while the lady is working. Still, like yesterday we get hours working together at a job source then come home, relax and get stuck into things around the house.

Lately while the young fella (17 old) is at home on school holidays I've been tasking him to cook dinner. Last night he made a beaut Spaghetti Bolognaise. Night before we prepared a beef pie, he mashed some spuds and lathered the top. I then, using my xmas present being a chef's torch, gave the top of the mash a crispy burnt look. He does cooking at school and he's a bloke too.

Kind regards

Bally

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Yeah, it's interesting how you guys are having warm weather while some of us are having the cold weather. We'll be begging you for the cold when we are in the sweltering heat of summer.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Kind regards,

Bally

‘true love’ must indeed look mesmerizing to her beloved Bally when she is rain dancing. May she rain dance long into the future

Yeah, perhaps Sheye. That is just a silly example I proffered. A dance off can happen at any time between us. Depends on the music. I do a 60's dance like the twist. Clickin my fingers, tongue handing out between my teeth on one side of my mouth. Jazzin moves where truey will cap that with a 'robot' dance mixed with head banging.

Blitzes me every time.

It's not mesmerizing, just laughter. Young ones go "WTF?" Truey is my best mate and I know I'm her buddy for life.

I go to bed late at night after the true one. What other partner reaches across and squeezes your hand and holds it hours afterwards. That's just her.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Bally001 - I'm so sorry that you lost your boat. Hopefully insurance or such will help but now all you have are photos to recall are the memories of the great adventures you may have had with the lost boat. Having PTSD myself I can feel some of the pain the fires have put you through.

Be well my friend. Sorry that I don't post here more often.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Way better movie than I expected...

A couple of nights ago I stayed up way past my sleepyland time to watch this. Keep in mind all I knew about the movie was that it was about a little girl being kept in a run down house by some middle aged guy. The guy keeps threatening her to never look or go outside due to all the evil people out there.

I was afraid that this would turn into another one of those movies about some crazed perv kidnapping a sweet little girl.

The movie proved me wrong.

I'm not going to tell you much more about the movie as it makes for a better movie experience that way. What I will tell you is it is about a little girl who has never had her mother at home and reminds the viewers that not everyone shares the same reality.

It was nice seeing Bruce Dern in a supporting role. Whoever the child actress is that played the 7 year old did a great job!

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 11:37 PM
link   
NIGHT STAR ----

I'm working on a PM for you so don't go away.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

That movie looks good, I just watched your trailer and then a second trailer.

Ok, checking for pm's.
edit on 21-1-2020 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join