It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My small hometown is now a sanctuary....

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Oppositeoftruth

Well I guess the population of this little town will soon be joining levoy finicum.
edit on 13-12-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Former town...yes. Of 25000 people.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Id just be happy if theyd enforce more simple ideas about supporting life. Like not letting dogs be chained totrees

West texas has a lot of religion in it

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

I can respect that, and tbh I didn't vote for trump, I really thought and still to a certain extent think he's a bit crass. However he was and in my eyes still is what's best for our country. I know I'm doing better financially than I ever have
And I like him draining the swamp. I'm all for getting rid of people in our government who take advantage and break the law. I think one thing trump could do to his advantage, is get TF off Twitter.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I completely agree!!

It's a shame when a municipality has to pass legislation to protect rights you already have!

Just a cryin' damn shame we, "the people", have allowed politicians to abuse the US Constitution the way they have!!

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Your post is, hands down, the most idiotic post of the Interwebz!

Levoy Finicum was a jack-wagon, but what happened to him should be a wake up call to anyone with a brain...apparently something you are lacking based on your post!

edit on 12/13/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I think my county is also...
Does this mean I can now have my missle launcher and a few missiles? That dog next door and its constant barking is just so annoying...

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

Oh #! A sanctuary city! How do you feel about the ones that cater to immigrants? It's really the same phenomenon. Just curious.

Following the law is the same as not following the law? Curious how you came to that conclusion.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
"No, it's not even close to the same. There is no constitutional right for foreingers to come and stay here."

There's also nothing in the constitution against it.

"The Congress shall have Power To...establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization....
Article I, Section 8, Clause 4

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

And they can also REGULATE arms.

They do it everyday, don't see anybody trying to stop them.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Haha we actually do have a small community of immigrants, most are from Peru and Honduras. And a lot of them showed up tonight. These people came as children, and probably 90% are legal. I think that's an awesome thing, and they're all so proud of our country and our community. They hate what's going on, and a lot of them say it reminds them of their home countries.

wow i bet you failed history, Americanism vs Communism and or watered down social studies, when you were in school. oh i forgot they quit teaching those years ago. now it hug everybody and if you don't we'll attack you.

edit on 13-12-2019 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Threaten authorities with guns and you will feel the strong arm of the law, what you consider idiotic, i consider our reality, you must be one of those nutters that think you can beat the government at their own game.
edit on 13-12-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErEhWoN

The second amendment is a god-given right.
a reply to: sine.nomine

REally?!

I thought Jesus said to turn the other cheek?

You been reading the King Trump version of the bible?

Your name truly mirrors the direction of your posts. Nowhere. Read the Constitution and get back to me. I won't hold my breath.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Im pretty sure a person can not support the murder of an unborn child and also not take responsibility for the same neglect the child’s parents offer.

So you believe we must all be responsible for one another? Can you cover my taxes this year, im coming up a little light, thanks in advance! Also my kid really wants an iPhone 11 Pro... a reply to: underwerks

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I too live in a Virginia sanctuary county. If they can use this tactic to help illegal aliens stay then we can use it to protect our 2nd amendment rights. I love grayson-highlands sp, did some research on the wild ponies that live up there years ago. Incredible views of the night skies during winter we can't get where I live.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Could you paint a picture for how they are really the same phenomenon? We already know one is dealing with protect rights given to citizens, while the other is granting rights to non citizens. Just curious.

a reply to: darkbake

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Plenty of those hypocrites.
I have witnessed many cases of
parents who don't give a damn,
or at least are totally irresponsible
regarding their children.

I do respect your point of view.
So lets agree to disagree
shall we?