It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My small hometown is now a sanctuary....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Yeah look, I'm absolutely open to the possibility that I could be wrong. I think you were replying to the post about the immigrants that we have here?

Either way, your post reminded me that I actually got a jury duty questionnaire in the mail that I must fill out and mail back or complete on line. So I guess time will tell.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oppositeoftruth
The small place I call home, Grayson County VA, is now officially a second ammendment sanctuary city. I think this is pretty awesome and am so glad all my fellow residents showed up in support.

In a nutshell, our local government will NOT spend our tax dollars on any measures which may constrict our second amendment. The local sheriff even went as far as to state that if laws were indeed passes that prohibited our rights, he would follow suite and deputize citizens.

This is in response to the Northams attempt to make Virginia one of the strictest when it comes to owning guns.

Any thoughts?

Ps. I wasn't sure where to post, so mods do move if deemed necessary.

That is awesome news, OP !

My helper just moved here to Kentucky from Virginia and was telling me all about the state.

Screw them taking guns away.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Oppositeoftruth

My former small hometown is about to become a sanctuary for life.

But only babies. Its an abortion thing.

Nice. I’m sure you guys will support all the social programs that help support them after they’re born too.

I mean, since it’s life we’re talking about.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

I don't think anyone will ever succeed in taking guns out of American hands, BUT they are trying their best to make it really hard. As a hunter and someone who carries concealed, I think it's far too important to just stay home and be silent about it.

Those who stand for nothing fall for anything. - Alexander Hamilton

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   

They were given the option of leaving the court. No questions asked.

Here are the options they should have been given
You are under arrest.
You have the right to remain silent as anything you say can and will be held against you in a court of law.
You have the right to an attorney . If you cannot afford one , one will be appointed to you.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   
nice! its like how my new Remington tac 14 identifies as "other" and not a shotgun or pistol so its 14 inch barrel is legal , i hear the dems are now backing off gun confiscation all though they aren't quite done their new plan is to have "registration" of "assault weapons" otherwise they will then be confiscated if not grandfathered in

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Yeah I've done some research on those, and there not concealable, and too long for a shotgun if I recall. Pretty cool. And I absolutely abhor the term "assault rifle" as I'm sure you do as well. The next thing the dems will be saying that ar stand for Aryan rifle, thus making owners racist.
edit on 12-12-2019 by Oppositeoftruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 10:32 PM
link   

eh even a folding stock 870 can be hidden by a trench coat ,but concealment isn't my goal with mine at least but it is 26 inches over all which i guess is the legal limit for such things

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

So you stable genius are a proponent of eugenics,
economic genocide, and the general culling
of human society.
I myself may disagree with your methods,
but at least you are honest about it.

Very Well.
Carry on.
Great God Almighty!
edit on 12-12-2019 by Wildmanimal because: finish

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

It's okay to break the law if it's for their cause.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Two words kinder eggs

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Nah better they be born into abuse and poverty rather than not be born. You think they care about anyone else's quality of life but their own?

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oppositeoftruth

Yeah look, I'm absolutely open to the possibility that I could be wrong. I think you were replying to the post about the immigrants that we have here?

Either way, your post reminded me that I actually got a jury duty questionnaire in the mail that I must fill out and mail back or complete on line. So I guess time will tell.

I'm all for accepting people. What I'm not all for is being called to jury duty an uncommon amount of times for people who are breaking laws beyond jumping borders. They are breaking more grievous laws. I have a serious problem with that fact.

No more. I will vote against anyone who believes otherwise. I do not like Trump either. Can't stand him to be honest but, if this is my only choice to deal with this situation, I will do it. My family will do it. Tired of it.

No country would allow this nonsense outside of the US and whatever Europe has become. It's WRONG.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

I'm calling it now. There will soon be abortion sanctuary cities.

Both for and against.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

!! I saw this right after I posted about it.

Is your city really doing that?

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wildmanimal

So you stable genius are a proponent of eugenics,
economic genocide, and the general culling
of human society.
I myself may disagree with your methods,
but at least you are honest about it.

Very Well.
Carry on.
Great God Almighty!

A person can’t call themselves pro-life if they stop caring about the baby as soon as it’s born.

We all know no one is that big of a hypocrite.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   

The second amendment is a god-given right.
a reply to: sine.nomine

REally?!

I thought Jesus said to turn the other cheek?

You been reading the King Trump version of the bible?

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ErEhWoN

how else ya gonna see down the sights with out turning that cheek>?

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 11:58 PM
link   
LOL
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Just like Jesus did!
edit on 12-12-2019 by ErEhWoN because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

originally posted by: darkbake

Oh #! A sanctuary city! How do you feel about the ones that cater to immigrants? It's really the same phenomenon. Just curious.

No, it's not even close to the same. There is no constitutional right for foreingers to come and stay here. The second amendment is a god-given right. The government absolutely does NOT have the power to take that away because it's not a right granted by the government.

ETA: That's amazing, OP. I wish my town would follow suit. Perhaps I should suggest it at a city council meeting.

The current President should offer incentives to towns and cities that follow suit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join