It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My small hometown is now a sanctuary....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The small place I call home, Grayson County VA, is now officially a second ammendment sanctuary city. I think this is pretty awesome and am so glad all my fellow residents showed up in support.

In a nutshell, our local government will NOT spend our tax dollars on any measures which may constrict our second amendment. The local sheriff even went as far as to state that if laws were indeed passes that prohibited our rights, he would follow suite and deputize citizens.

This is in response to the Northams attempt to make Virginia one of the strictest when it comes to owning guns.

Any thoughts?

Ps. I wasn't sure where to post, so mods do move if deemed necessary.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Oppositeoftruth

Oh #! A sanctuary city! How do you feel about the ones that cater to immigrants? It's really the same phenomenon. Just curious.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   

My former small hometown is about to become a sanctuary for life.

But only babies. Its an abortion thing.

+21 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Illegal entry vs natural rights which are constitutionally protected......

+15 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

Oh #! A sanctuary city! How do you feel about the ones that cater to immigrants? It's really the same phenomenon. Just curious.

No, it's not even close to the same. There is no constitutional right for foreingers to come and stay here. The second amendment is a god-given right. The government absolutely does NOT have the power to take that away because it's not a right granted by the government.

ETA: That's amazing, OP. I wish my town would follow suit. Perhaps I should suggest it at a city council meeting.
edit on 12-12-2019 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Are you a Constitutional Attorney?

Please explain how "sanctuary cities" whereby representatives of municipalities think they do not need to obey the Federal immigration laws are the same as representatives of municipalities who recognize and advocate for their citizens' inalienable right to bear arms.

You need to do some homework... you are comparing apples and oranges and sound like a jackass
edit on 12-12-2019 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
link   

Illegal immigrants are not really covered in the Bill of Rights (not citizens), so I don't think that's an apt comparison...

To the OP... it's a shame that your state has to go so far to protect your actual rights that they have to vote for it.

Good for you and your city.

Let's hope that soon a lot of America becomes Constitutional Sanctuary cities, municipalities and counties.

Fighting back against Progressivism will have to start at the local level.

link   

I really don't feel like it's the same thing. We passed a resolution to uphold the second ammendment put forth in the constitution. Immigration sanctuaries are basically making resolutions to break the law, not uphold it.

But with that said. If the people of a certain place want to deal with all the immigrants and the problems that come along with them, I guess it's up to them. I think it's a horrible idea, but that's just my two cents.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Wow you guys beat me to that. I figured you would.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Thank you, Thank you!

And yes I hope more Americans wake up to the reality. If they can take one right, they can take them all. Even the ones we hold most dear.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

No it is not the same at all.

One is a guaranteed constitutional right, one is some morons breaking the law so they can maintain a voter base.

They are nothing alike.

You do realize the difference between law-abiding tax-paying citizens, and free-loading , criminal leeches right?

If you don't contribute, you don't get.

Either bring good to the table, or dont take a seat.
edit on 12-12-2019 by Notoneofyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Have to admit, when I first read the title, I was going to suggest not using Rosetta Stone to learn espanol.
It is terrible.
Congrats, or felicidades amigo.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Maybe we don't all agree on the right to bear arms, but we should all be able to share the opinion that they are OUR rights, and no one will take them from us.

I feel as if our first and second ammendment right have been under attack for some time. If you don't agree with the heads on CNN, then basically you don't deserve free speech. And that's a scary thing. We're loosing ground, it's time to start making it back up.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Naughty, Naughty.
There is a big difference between those
who have broken the law, and Law abiding
Citizens who are to be potentially in violation
because a an arbitrary new law put into place
by a group of cultural Marxists.

Only for this new arbitrary law to be proven
Unconstitutional when it works its way up
through the justice system.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Haha we actually do have a small community of immigrants, most are from Peru and Honduras. And a lot of them showed up tonight. These people came as children, and probably 90% are legal. I think that's an awesome thing, and they're all so proud of our country and our community. They hate what's going on, and a lot of them say it reminds them of their home countries.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oppositeoftruth
a reply to: Lumenari

Thank you, Thank you!

And yes I hope more Americans wake up to the reality. If they can take one right, they can take them all. Even the ones we hold most dear.

Never understood how something called a 'right', could be taken away ?
Wouldn't that make it a permission ?

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
No, it's not even close to the same. There is no constitutional right for foreingers to come and stay here.

There's also nothing in the constitution against it. They were foreigners when they wrote it.

originally posted by: sine.nomine The second amendment is a god-given right.

HA! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, government is god.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Lol, ok dude. There's nothing in the Constitution about beastiality, that doesn't mean it shouldn't be illegal.

And "god-given" or "natural" rights are NOT from the government. So equating government to God is literally the opposite of what I, and the Constitution are stating.

Seriously, read a book or something. You're embarrassing yourself.
edit on 12-12-2019 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: sine.nomine
No, it's not even close to the same. There is no constitutional right for foreingers to come and stay here.

There's also nothing in the constitution against it. They were foreigners when they wrote it.

originally posted by: sine.nomine The second amendment is a god-given right.

HA! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, government is god.

So much ignorance in one little post.

The Constitution MADE them citizens.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.”

As for illegal immigrants, it is indeed covered by a Constitutional Amendment.

Amendment 14, Section 1 – “All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.”

While Congress has the Constitutional authority to establish laws of naturalization or immigration they do not have a true Constitutional authority to create blanket legislation that allows non – citizens the rights of born or naturalized Americans. In other words amnesty is technically unconstitutional because it bypasses the laws which are established for immigrants to become American citizens.

Throughout the Constitution our rights are continually shown to be for citizens of the country, even when the word citizen is not specifically mentioned. The Preamble calling the establishment of the Constitution by, “We the people, ” clearly indicates that each of the rights and privileges as recorded by the Framers are for the citizenry of this country only.

Think harder.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oppositeoftruth
The small place I call home, Grayson County VA, is now officially a second ammendment sanctuary city. I think this is pretty awesome and am so glad all my fellow residents showed up in support.

In a nutshell, our local government will NOT spend our tax dollars on any measures which may constrict our second amendment. The local sheriff even went as far as to state that if laws were indeed passes that prohibited our rights, he would follow suite and deputize citizens.

This is in response to the Northams attempt to make Virginia one of the strictest when it comes to owning guns.

Any thoughts?

Ps. I wasn't sure where to post, so mods do move if deemed necessary.

I thought the same. The breaking point for me was being called for jury duty for the 5th time in 4 years. All cases involving illegal aliens. They were breaking laws not involving crossing the border illegally.

The kicker was showing up for jury duty. First thing they asks; Are you a US Citizen. Many of them were not. Illegal documentation entered them into the jury system. They were given the option of leaving the court. No questions asked.

Same will happen in your "small town" just like mine. Once they find a weakness they exploit it.

edit on 12-12-2019 by Stupidsecrets because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join