It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1969 Video Mentions USAF Knew Back In 1948 That UFOS Were Interplanetary Probes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I just watched a video on YouTube, of a press conference, featuring UFO experts from the National Investigations Committee On Aerial Phenomena (NICAP), that was filmed in Washington, DC, back on January 11, 1969. (I used the ATS search engine to check for a past thread on this. Many threads on David Kehoe and NICAP, but I couldn't locate a thread that was specifically on this filmed press conference. My apologies if one exists.)

At this press conference, UFO researcher and co-founder of NICAP, Donald Kehoe, disputes the findings of the Condon Report. Kehoe states that Dr. Condon had a biased and negative approach towards his investigation on UFOs, and that his conclusions were "extremely flimsy."

Kehoe then states (clip here) that back in 1948, The Air Force had a "top secret estimate" concerning the UFO phenomenon and concluded that UFOs were interplanetary probes. Kehoe mentions that a letter stating this fact was sent by Lt. Col. George Freeman, who was a USAF spokesperson on UFOs, to the head of a NICAP subcommittee in London.

Also at this press conference, scientist George McDonald, states that the "Extraterrestrial Hypothesis" is the more probable hypothesis explaining UFO sightings. Watch that clip here.

McDonald, who was a senior physicist at the Institute For Atmospheric Physics, later states at this press conference:

"Dr. Condon has apparently not read his own material very carefully, and that would again, I'm afraid, be consistent with his general remoteness from what really went on in the project. I say that, because when we tally the, first of all, the 59 major cases numbered and identified in the report, we found that the percentage of unexplained cases, with which the Condon committee is left, at the end of their scrutiny, is 5 to 6 times larger, than the percentage of unexplains that the Air Force Project Blue Book has been talking about for the last 10 years." WATCH THIS CLIP HERE.

FULL VIDEO:

edit on 12/8/2019 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Thank you for the thread OP!

History will show that it is critical for Disclosure that we follow the bastardised but truthful path.....it is and always will be necessary to name names and to illuminate Individuals and Organisations who suppressed and hindered Humanity in this area.

It was NEVER OK to lie to the People...the NATIONAL SECURITY THREAT excuse is just another layer of the lies....there was and is NO LEGITIMATE REASON FOR LIEING TO HUMANITY.

No one has "Disclosed" Jack-Squat..... this issue was FORCED FORWARD BY THE INTERNET AND REGULAR PEOPLE WHO LEARNED OF THE LIES AND CHOSE TO DEFEND HUMANITY INSTEAD OF SIT ON THE FENCE.

History will show no Disclosure negotiations....no...this is a hunt for Anti-Humanitarian Terrorists.

There is no SLOW RELEASE PLAN....nope.....everything has been dragged out kicking and screaming.....remediations are required...Government Agencies must be dissolved....legitimate change and accountability must be projected....there is no forgiveness to be offered nor considered.....these people …..they LIED TO ALL OF US AND INTENDED TO CONTINUE LIEING FOREVER WITH ZERO CHECKS AND BALANCES.....remediations must with a 100% certainty be levied......Names must be Named....Reputations must be tarnished and Legacies must be erased....this must never happen again.

Humanity must get ANGRY.....Humanity must FIGHT FOR ITS RIGHTS....be angry...very very angry at the Billions of people who have died from diseases and starvation and horrible wars based on contrived resource scarcity and artificially manifested dogmatic conflict and opposition.

edit on 8-12-2019 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

In retroperspective, all those deniers will look like Vatican priests on Galileo.

Universe is filled with life, some of it intelligent. Hope it gets here soon.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Thanks for the interesting read OP. This poses some interesting questions. Most whom have investigated UFO’s have been given two options for explanations of their existence, IDH or ETH. Most people, like myself, chose which one they believe in. Throughout my own research, I’ve heavily leaned toward the inter dimensional hypothesis.

However, What if they are both real? That would complicate the UFO phenomena incredibly — while at the same time, explain a lot. Considering how incredibly complicated it is already, I’d say it’s a very good possibility. We are trying to label and place the phenomena in a box. Maybe that’s why we have failed to understand the whole scope of what’s transpiring here. There being BOTH, IDH and ETH transpiring.

Thanks for making me think Shawman. I actually enjoy it when someone helps me change my mind. This makes a lot more sense than one over the other.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO
I don't think the government has any positive data to reveal and that's why they'll never disclose anything.
Think on this (I believe the IDH hypothesis) so then what can they disclose. It would be like this. "We know the UFO/ alien phenomena is real. It's inter dimensional. They come and go as they please. They take who and what they please. We don't know how they do it. And we are totally at their mercy".
How would that turn out as disclosure. They aint gonna admit that, no way Hosea.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   
It's Donald Keyhoe, not Kehoe per the OP...Donald was a science fiction fantasy writer for many years before getting into UFO's...Kenneth Arnold sighting got him into the subject.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

I'm also leaning toward the idea of them being interdimensional.

I remember the only UFO sighting I had as a kid.

I observed it outside my bedroom window. It was a circular craft, glowing an olive green color and doing a figure eight pattern. I remember running to wake up my father to show him it.(My late father was a retired Lt. Col. from the USAF, who also was once stationed at Wright Patterson AFB back in the early 60's)

Just as I thought, my father missed out viewing it and suggested it was just a spotlight. It was past 3 in the morning and it was certainly no spotlight. My father knew back then that I was interested in the subject of UFOs, but not once did he ever admit to me that he had seen, or hear about anything extraterrestrial, while he was in the USAF.

Anyway, it was a very strange sighting, because I felt as though I was hypnotized. As I rattled my brain, trying to figure out what I was witnessing, it seemed as though this craft was aware that I was watching it. Weird right?

Well, maybe not. Yesterday there was an interesting thread on reddit, that was about the eerie silence that some witnesses experience while observing a UFO. This comment on this thread hit home with me:

"I believe they incorporate the astral realm. They have a way of distorting the physical world and take us out of tune. It's almost as if they block our senses by suspending energy points."

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

Yeah, I misspelled his last name and it was too late to correct. Sorry about that.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Wait, how do you go from some mysterious

top secret estimate

to

USAF Knew Back In 1948 That UFOS Were Interplanetary Probes

What am I missing?

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: moebius

IMO, the "top secret estimate" phrase was purposely used by the USAF, to imply that their conclusion, in regards to the UFO phenomenon, was just speculation.

Their statements regarding UFOs were purposely ambiguous, to confuse both the media and the general public. You have to remember, that at that time, the USAF did everything they could to discount UFO sightings, by stating that these sightings were either natural phenomenon, or misidentified aircraft.

However, Keyhoe states in the video, that a USAF spokesperson actually sent a NICAP member a letter, that unequivocally proved that the USAF did in fact believe that UFOs were interplanetary probes. I'm not sure whether or not this was a careless error on the part of the USAF spokesperson, or an intentional leak.

edit on 12/8/2019 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Disclosure will happen some day reasonably soon IMO (monts, years, maybe up to a decade or so), but the people that know also know that they don't know and there is a genuine fear of how people and laws and order would be maintained if it was known that there is some extra-societal force that is really technologically superior and maybe not at all nice.

It will get sorted, but it may be very confusing and difficult to manage for most. Ultimately, they need us more than we need them.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
However, Keyhoe states in the video, that a USAF spokesperson actually sent a NICAP member a letter, that unequivocally proved that the USAF did in fact believe that UFOs were interplanetary probes. I'm not sure whether or not this was a careless error on the part of the USAF spokesperson, or an intentional leak.
Where is this letter and what exactly did it say?

I would rather read it myself than settle for someone else's possibly biased interpretation.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Love this kind of thread.

My personal take is that the most likely visitors from other planets would be machines or artificial silicon life forms. Certainly i think our first strides into interstellar travel while be of this nature.

The other alternative is inter-dimensional. I simply don't know enough about this possibility tho.

I doubt biological life would be the dominant observation medium, we're just too flimsy and if some form of natural selection takes place throughout the universe, most life will be better suited to staying on their home planet while sending off the drones to do the research.
edit on 9/12/19 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Keyhoe's books make for interesting reading. A LOT of information about the early "incidents" that has been left out in later regurgitated accounts.

What was also interesting was his description of working with USAF public relations on the topic. IIRC, when the USAF officer with whom he had engaged with finally retired, he basically admitted to Keyhoe that the USAF was pushing a lot of diversion to avoid discussing what they believed to be the truth.

And it hasn't gotten any better since then, not by a long shot.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Imagine there is actually a type IV civilisation, that's literally like meeting God.

I for one will get on my knees and start praying.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   
There are countless competing theories as to what is taking place and the cause, and this only shows yet another “belief” with the best hard facts here being the word of man.

Show us the goods, or accept it will only remain folklore.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed There is a third option, that there is another technologically advanced race that lives on Earth, under the oceans. The fast mover reports support this as a possibility. The more I read about this, the more sense this explanation makes to me. First, I think getting from another planet to here while possible, will never be so easy that it could explain all the potential legitimate sightings. Second, the IDH, while interesting, has so many unexplained physics issues to deal with, it is mind boggling.

The possibility of a technologically advanced race living under the ocean undetected checks a lot of boxes in terms of explaining the UFO phenomenon. If we can design planes that avoid radar, it should be possible to build a city that can avoid sonar detection. The ocean provides all the resources required to support an underwater civilization They fly around in their aircraft to make sure humans don't destroy the planet. This theory also squares with the apparent UFO interest in warfare and nuclear weapons and even shutting down nuclear weapons. It also squares with a UFO flying beside the lunar missions. Heck, they may have even helped the success of some of those missions. It also could go a long way to explaining the various God legends around the world.

The possibility of the government admitting to the existence of a technologically superior race indigenous to our own planet is 0%. That would cause panic especially if there are no answers because that race won't communicate with us. I am not saying UFO's could not be ET. But, there are so many sightings, it boggles the mind that so many could get here. The above explanation to me, given the apparent detection of fast movers, is just more rational to me.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: dougie6665
I could go along with the under sea scenario but. The amount of our craft on and under the seas I would have thought there would be more sightings of them coming and going.
While there are a few, there is not enough to give credence to a whole civilisation being there.
As I've said before if you examine the books and cases by David Paulides (the missing books) you can come to no other conclusion that there is another dimension. No mater how bizarre it may sound.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny"Dr. Condon has apparently not read his own material very carefully, and that would again, I'm afraid, be consistent with his general remoteness from what really went on in the project. I say that, because when we tally the, first of all, the 59 major cases numbered and identified in the report, we found that the percentage of unexplained cases, with which the Condon committee is left, at the end of their scrutiny, is 5 to 6 times larger, than the percentage of unexplains that the Air Force Project Blue Book has been talking about for the last 10 years." WATCH THIS CLIP HERE.

FULL VIDEO:

Great video, thanks for the link!

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: dougie6665
There is a third option, that there is another technologically advanced race that lives on Earth, under the oceans.

I agree with your post except that I believe that the outer space visitors ARE the ones who are living under the oceans.

The ones who are living underground are just the ones who are working with the military.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join