It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1969 Video Mentions USAF Knew Back In 1948 That UFOS Were Interplanetary Probes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel
a reply to: shawmanfromny

In retroperspective, all those deniers will look like Vatican priests on Galileo.

Universe is filled with life, some of it intelligent. Hope it gets here soon.
There are almost certainly other intelligent life forms out there, probably millions or even billions of ET civilizations. But I hope it’s a long, long time before we meet them, and far from Earth. Aliens who come to our planet before we’ve mastered interstellar travel will be so far in advance of us that we would be defenseless against them. They would have the technology to wipe us out with no problem.

They might be benign, but what if they aren’t? There’s no way to know what motivates an alien civilization, or individual members of an ET civilization. They might be driven by a religious duty to destroy all sentient beings they encounter, or a quest to conquer the galaxy for the sake of loot and glory. There are probably so many civilizations out there that we won’t be able to understand how many of them think or why they act the way they do.

We’re located in the outer regions of the Milky Way; our planet cooled and became habitable millions of years later than planetary systems closer to the center of the galaxy. And we’re beginning to find that planets are rather common in star systems. So there’s a good chance that civilizations far older and more advanced than ours exist out there. On Earth, when a relatively advanced civilization encounters a less advanced one, it’s almost always very bad for the latter. So here’s hoping we don’t encounter ETs for many centuries, and hopefully, for millennia.
edit on 9-12-2019 by Scapegrace because: Typos

edit on 9-12-2019 by Scapegrace because: Typo

edit on 9-12-2019 by Scapegrace because: Typo

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Sure, the 1948 Project Sign report mentioned that extraterrestrials were a possibility. But it didn't reach that as a solid conclusion of fact. But they likely tossed it in there in an attempt to be inclusively complete, rather than also including stuff like witches and demons and flying gods, because they were trying to maintain focus on science, not mythology.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Depends upon how you define civilization. You could be talking several thousand beings, nothing more. If they have this technology, they may live for a very long time and not have the need to reproduce often like humans. The ocean is vast. A civilization down in the very deepest parts could be quite hard to detect.

I have spent some time looking at the interdimension theory before. I haven't spent too much time on Paulides as he is not a scientist. People go missing in these parks all the time. I have a friend that lost a brother three years ago. The brother liked outdoors, he like to climb he liked to hike, alone and could be gone a week at a time. One time he didn't come back. The family is pretty well to do and they spent a fortune looking for him. They never found anything. He was likely either fell and died or was bitten by a snake or attacked by a bear or something. In any case, the family is very upset, but, the conclusion was that his remains were likely eaten by animals and nothing will ever be found. In no way are they suspicious of some ET IDB taking him.

While IDBs are possible, I was only putting a third theory out there. Our planet has been around long enough and had other epochs such that intelligent life being here for millions of years is possible. At some point, they probably don't care that much about us.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: dougie6665
Very true. Anything is possible, however absurd.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

Love this kind of thread.

My personal take is that the most likely visitors from other planets would be machines or artificial silicon life forms. Certainly i think our first strides into interstellar travel while be of this nature.

The other alternative is inter-dimensional. I simply don't know enough about this possibility tho.

I doubt biological life would be the dominant observation medium, we're just too flimsy and if some form of natural selection takes place throughout the universe, most life will be better suited to staying on their home planet while sending off the drones to do the research.

You raise a reasonable point here (and I also love this kind of thread) - but I’m not sure I entirely agree (though somewhat agree).

What I mean by that is think of humans and mars. We didn’t send rovers there just because we were scared to go - lots of humans have said they’d go to Mars. The problem is how long it takes to get there - many people won’t/can’t spend months in a space ship.

If eliminate the barrier that is travel time - lots of humans would go to check it out - if nothing else out of sheer curiosity.

My point here is that if another species achieved exponentially faster transportation capabilities then they - not the drones - might have an interest or curiosity in stopping by here as well.

I say this as without curiosity being inherent to their biological makeup, they probably wouldn’t have the tech. So if “they” can get here, they’ll probably check us out.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   
the name of the original MJ12 guy is Keyhoe and not Kehoe. do not spread false informations here guy

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: FrvstMaSke

I offered a reason why this happened on page one.

Short term memory issues, or did you bother reading the thread at all "guy?"

Yeah, I misspelled his last name and it was too late to correct. Sorry about that.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Sooo! I take it they haven't found any aliens yet?

Oh well. This whole alien thing seems to be a waste of time and energy to me, dont even think anybody is hiding anything, but the fact that they don't really know anything.

Anyways like a certain dude once said. Everything done in darkness, will eventually come to light.

I give it a few more thousand years... Then maybe....Or not!

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

This blog post highlights a very early Project Blue Book report from 1952.

What is interesting is that the sighting was reported by a guy named Ulius Amoss, who was with the OSS and then the CIA.
Amoss also shows up in JFK Assassination theories as someone who may have had contact with Cubans involved in the Bay of Pigs (Amoss died in 1961 so he would not be directly involved.)

Amoss wrote to General Charles Cabell, who headed Blue Book in 1952. JFK fired Cabell in 1961 because of the Bay of Pigs mess.

Amoss mentions another person named Sally Symington, who also had JFK connections.

Link: Full report with other info.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I've come to the exact same conclusion, along with thinking they may have moon bases as well. I've recently seen a very compeling vid of what appears to be a UFO coming out of what looks like a cave and flying across the surface of the moon. As well as all the lunar anomolies we've all seen and they've tried to hide from us. I believe that maybe they've been here all along and possibly created us. Or better yet, we may be a fork on their evelotionary tree, like chimps and neanderthal are related to us. Maybe we're related to the occupants of the UFO's in the same manner. This could even explain why they don't speak to us or waste time interacting, especially since we only do those thing with chimps for experiments, zoo's, circus and pets. It would also help explain the disappearance of 700, 000+ people per year that go missing in just the USA without a trace, which isn't a pleasant thought. We know they experiment on us, are we also kept as pets or in zoo's?

I'm glad to see someone else thinks along the same lines as I do, because I've yet to find anyone else that does. Nor have I found any books addressing it from this angle.

Take care

a reply to: dougie6665

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade
Imagine there is actually a type IV civilisation, that's literally like meeting God.

I for one will get on my knees and start praying.

No it's not. Your confusing the apparent difference in technological abilities SEEMING like God with actual God. The differences are beyond infinite

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ziplock9000

I guess it depends on your definition of God. I'm sure we all perceive the idea of a creator differently. But if you mean all knowing and all powerful, a type IV civilisation would certainly meet that standard for most of us.

Also, we have no proof of either so it's a moot point really.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join