It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will we worship Aliens as “gods”?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Charlie Murphy
Why does God speak as if he was more than one entity. It would make sense if it was a group of aliens I think.

This stuff can be confusing, but I’ll attempt to tell you what I believe.

The site that you referenced lists three of the mainstream beliefs on why “us” is used instead of “I.”

1.)The Trinity – God the Father, God the Son, and the Holy Spirit: three expressions or manifestations (some people use the words “3 persons”) that are actually one entity.

2.)Or, He was speaking like a King would, i.e., “We must chop off their heads.”

3.)Or, He was speaking to the other inhabitants of Heaven: angels or whatever. This could be modified slightly to describe the “group of aliens” theory as well.

I have found support for the first theory, and I personally believe he was speaking to Christ, because the Bible states that He came down from Heaven to do the will of the Father.

It also says that the “Word” was with God in the beginning, and then goes on to say that the “Word” became flesh in the form of Jesus Christ. So, the Word was there from the beginning, and God was talking to Him.

I’m not the best at explaining this sort of stuff, but one argument against the 3rd theory is that the other inhabitants of Heaven are not creators.

[edit on 3/24/05 by NoPhobos]

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by helen670Then I would hopefully be in prayer and not fall down to worship them or their master...

www.paranetinfo.com...

That was a good article. It had a nice history of the modern alien phenomenon, as well as some correlation to demonic activities in the past. I have always thought that the alien stuff has been going on all along.

With the advent of technology, we have simply used modern words to describe something that may have been going on since the beginning.

I’ve heard many say that people who think that aliens are demonic in nature must be fanatic religious people. I once thought the same. After learning more about reported events involving these beings, I have shifted my beliefs to line up with those “fanatics,” so, I guess that makes me a fanatic too.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoPhobos

Why does God speak as if he was more than one entity. It would make sense if it was a group of aliens I think.

This stuff can be confusing, but I’ll attempt to tell you what I believe.

The site that you referenced lists three of the mainstream beliefs on why “us” is used instead of “I.”

1.)The Trinity – God the Father, God the Son, and the Holy Spirit: three expressions or manifestations (some people use the words “3 persons”) that are actually one entity.

2.)Or, He was speaking like a King would, i.e., “We must chop off their heads.”

3.)Or, He was speaking to the other inhabitants of Heaven: angels or whatever. This could be modified slightly to describe the “group of aliens” theory as well.

I have found support for the first theory, and I personally believe he was speaking to Christ, because the Bible states that He came down from Heaven to do the will of the Father.

It also says that the “Word” was with God in the beginning, and then goes on to say that the “Word” became flesh in the form of Jesus Christ. So, the Word was there from the beginning, and God was talking to Him.

I’m not the best at explaining this sort of stuff, but one argument against the 3rd theory is that the other inhabitants of Heaven are not creators.

[edit on 3/24/05 by NoPhobos]

The site also explains why none of these explanations make sense. Such as:
"Furthermore, notice in the force verse above, Isaiah 6:8, that's God is speaking in the singular and then switches to the plural. He says, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?" This is on the unusual construction. The singular speaker refers to himself in the plural."

Do you believe that we were created by the creator of the Universe? I think that we just assume that the "God" who created us was also the creator of the Universe. Do you agree that its possible that we were mistaken by not realizing "God" was an alien? With the technology we have now we can do almost anything and we could be thought of as Gods. I hate it when people say "someone should stop playing God" with regards to cloning, stem cell research, or genetically modifying stuff. I think that if God didn't want us to do it, God wouldn't have given us the ability to. If you think that we were given the ability reason, so that we good distinguish between good and evil, I don't buy that because "God" didn't want to let Adam and Eve eat from the tree of knowledge. "God" didn't even want us to be able to realize if we were naked or not.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Do you believe that we were created by the creator of the Universe?

Yes

Do you agree that its possible that we were mistaken by not realizing "God" was an alien?

God is not from Earth, so by definition, He is an alien to us.

I just do not believe that he is behind the modern UFO phenomenon. I believe it is possible that they are the entities that God threw out of Heaven.

Do you think it is possible?

With the technology we have now we can do almost anything and we could be thought of as Gods.

Well, to people as little as a century ago, we could pretend to be God and probably get away with it. What might we gain from that?

I hate it when people say "someone should stop playing God" with regards to cloning, stem cell research, or genetically modifying stuff. I think that if God didn't want us to do it, God wouldn't have given us the ability to.

We also have the ability to murder, rape, torture, and hate others. We know that God doesn’t want us to do those things, though. All of those things cause harm to both the victim and the perp. While this is obvious for the victim, it may not be clear for the perpetrator.

This things cause the perp to be separated from, or segregated into groups like themselves (jail), or even to be put to death by the laws of some governments. Even with a culture without government, individuals who commit crime are usually sent packing. Others do not want to be around them.

Genetic Manipulation:

While possibly giving us tremendous advantages over current sciences, messing around with genetics could become our worst imaginable nightmare.

An example of this was found when genetic markers put into corn that had been modified to produce healthier kernels were found in the honey bees that were pollinating it.

Imagine if some of this genetic material destroyed the entire honey bee population. Once the modifications have jumped species, it would be impossible to control the spread. As a matter of fact, the corn in some of these experiments contaminated normal crops many miles away.

These abnormalities could spread to most of the species responsible for pollinating our food supplies, or to other crops with devastating effects.

Food crops are not pollinated
No food is produced
Half the world population dies.
Actually the Bible says 1/3 will die.

I know it is only a remote possibility, but that is exactly what the experimenters said about the genetic mods getting out of their original test quarantine. Didn’t work out the way they said it would.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
So many people die each day of starvation in 3rd World countries anyway. I think if we genetically modified vegetables to be larger, and used genetic modifications to make fish larger in fish farms it could stop world hunger. Wouldn't that be worth the risk?

I do think its possible Alien were mistaken as Gods.

I know we have the ability to hate and do bad things, but why would God give us the ability. Like, what kind of God makes us imperfect and then will punish us for our imperfections? I don't like the view of God taught by the Church. The Church has abused its power in religion in medieval times by saying if you make donations you will go to heaven. Science has also been abused by making weapons so we kill people more efficiently, but I can see a useful side to science & medicine.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   

So many people die each day of starvation in 3rd World countries anyway. [snip]Wouldn't that be worth the risk?

It is not my, or your, decision to make. Would it be OK to destroy all corn plants in the world? Would it be cool to have to use Q-tips to pollinate every vegetable we grow?

I know we have the ability to hate and do bad things, but why would God give us the ability.

We “TOOK” this ability when we disobeyed his rules. He gave us choice, we took the wrong path.

Like, what kind of God makes us imperfect and then will punish us for our imperfections?

He made us to be free thinking beings. He doesn’t want puppets; he wants companions capable of thinking (reasoning) for themselves.

I don't like the view of God taught by the Church. The Church has abused its power in religion in medieval times by saying if you make donations you will go to heaven.

Might be time to try a different church if that is the message you are getting from yours. That is part of the reason the pilgrims came to the “new world.” The only way to Heaven is through “The Man,” otherwise known as Jesus Christ. Donations are not required.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I can see that this conversation isn't getting anywhere so i'll have to agree to disagree. It's cool that we have different opinions and I think that's a good thing about religion, that you can chose your own, but I don't like it how kids are raised to be their parents religion, they should wait till after 13 and see what the kid believes.

Respect,

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I really, really really doubt that.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I can see that this conversation isn't getting anywhere so i'll have to agree to disagree.

Wasn’t trying to get you to agree with me. I was just trying to give you my perspective to some of the things you were talking about.

Sorry if I came across as argumentative, because that was not what I intended.

Thanks anyway, for adding your thoughts.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRanchMan
I really, really really doubt that.

Care to expound on that thought?

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Actually, religion is fading, even the Christian/Catholic Curch has great problems by loosing believers, I heard in the news some months ago.

The fact that religion is becoming less regular, may proove that no significant religion will be based on aliens in the near time.

Anyway, God was an alien...

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Wasn’t trying to get you to agree with me. I was just trying to give you my perspective to some of the things you were talking about.

Sorry if I came across as argumentative, because that was not what I intended.

Thanks anyway, for adding your thoughts.

No problem, I thought my posts weren't very constructive, but after reading ThRanchMan's post I decided to continue.

We “TOOK” this ability when we disobeyed his rules. He gave us choice, we took the wrong path.

I'm not saying "God" didn't give us a choice, but why not give us a better choice. If he created everything good, then he created everything bad. The choice could have been between being good, and really good, couldn't it? I think it's because "God"(Aliens) didn't have a choice in the matter.

I also remember reading earlier in this thread that the only thing "God" won't forgive is worshipping another "God". If "God" was actually the creator of all things, why would he care at all? God could do anything he/she/it wants, and yet he is worried about what I believe. My opinion is that there would be no better way to get people to join your religion, than by telling them if they remain loyal they never have anything to worry about again.

Donations are not required.

I meant, how the church was filthy rich, and the peasents were just filthy.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I should start by saying that I am a "walk-in". An alien soul walked into this body in 1947. I am not that unusual. There are others. (WE International is an organization for this.) So...my body is human, and my soul is alien (ET).
I would HOPE that humans regard ETs as humans with advanced technology. That does NOT mean that ETs are better-behaved than humans. As with all things on this planet, there are GOOD and BAD.
The ETs I communicate with are good, and more honest than most humans I have met. The ETs call God "The Prime Mover of the Universe", but they do not understand why we WORSHIP HIM (HER).
I came to the conclusion a LONG time ago....like when I ws about 9 yrs. old, that God exists, but He May not be as concerned about how we are doing as we think. According to the Bible, God shows some undesirable characteristics...like being JEALOUS, and what we would call a "control freak" by today's standards.
I HOPE when the ETs do show themselves, we will regard them in their proper place...as advanced, but not infallible.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Why not give us a better choice?

I don’t know…I have always thought that He could have made us better than we are. I guess it goes back to what I said before: He did not want puppets on strings. We have free will to spice things up a bit.

When my children grow up, I don’t want to make every decision for them. I want them to be able to make their own choices in life. I want them to make good choices, but I know that some will not be so good. By instilling good values in them as children, I hope that the bad choices are few and far between.

Would I rather have them “Perfect” and never make bad choices? Possibly…

But that would also hamper their growth or wisdom. As we all know, sometimes pain and suffering are the only things that can “get through” to us and help us to grow.

If he created everything good, then he created everything bad. The choice could have been between being good, and really good, couldn't it?

Several posts here suggest that since God created everything, He must have created evil too.

I feel that evil is more like the “absence of good, or God.”

Kinda like darkness or heat. Does darkness exist? It only what we observe when there is no light. Same thing with heat. Cold is a condition that occurs when there is no heat.

No light = darkness
No heat = cold
No God = evil

I don’t know if I made that understandable or not…

I also remember reading earlier in this thread that the only thing "God" won't forgive is worshipping another "God". If "God" was actually the creator of all things, why would he care at all? God could do anything he/she/it wants, and yet he is worried about what I believe.

Unpardonable Crime:

God will forgive all sin if you turn to Him. That means that He will forgive you worshiping another “god” if you quit, and start worshiping Him. By saying, “He will not pardon this crime,” I was saying that it was the number one requirement. I we mess that one up, all the rest doesn’t matter at all, and we will be truly separated from Him for all time. To use my previous analogy, in the absence of the light, we would be in total darkness.

Aliens could use this to their advantage.

My opinion is that there would be no better way to get people to join your religion, than by telling them if they remain loyal they never have anything to worry about again.

Most religions that I am familiar with do not say that once you have chosen, you have no more worries. And besides, religion really has nothing to do with it. We are talking about who may claim to be our creator, and what purpose it would serve.

How might a group of aliens use our beliefs to get something they want? How might it affect religions in general? Someone earlier said that it would not have any effect, because all religions already worship an ET (not from Earth.) How will we know who is Who? How might our choice affect the outcome or the future?

Just a few questions to ponder; you don’t necessarily have to answer any of them.

But feel free to if you wish.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
This topic should be removed from this title. it no longer is about it's original topic. All you people are doing is arguing about what you think of "god".

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
We are talking about who may claim to be our creator, and what purpose it would serve.

How might a group of aliens use our beliefs to get something they want? How might it affect religions in general? Someone earlier said that it would not have any effect, because all religions already worship an ET (not from Earth.) How will we know who is Who? How might our choice affect the outcome or the future?

Just a few questions to ponder; you don’t necessarily have to answer any of them.

But feel free to if you wish.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
You say evil is the absence of God, but isn't God supposed to be everywhere? And if he created everything, then it would have been so much easier to make everything perfect, unless he isn't perfect. I mean, we were created in God's image and we're imperfect.

When my children grow up, I don’t want to make every decision for them. I want them to be able to make their own choices in life. I want them to make good choices, but I know that some will not be so good. By instilling good values in them as children, I hope that the bad choices are few and far between.

"God" was creating people not raising kids. He has unlimited power, and not that of a parent.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
After getting off on several tangents that do not pertain to aliens or their interaction with our beliefs, let’s move this thread back in line with the original subject.

Will we worship aliens as “gods’?

In order to answer this question, we have discussed the definitions or understandings of ET, aliens, God, the Bible, gods, fallen angles, and many other topics. I think there is some good information that has been discussed here, but let us move forward with the original topic.

Many have stated that they would not “worship” any entity that claims to be our creator. Some have stated that they would, under certain conditions.

My original question was to open a dialogue with UFO believers, and I was hoping to discover what most people thought about the possibility of their, (the modern alien phenomenon,) intervention into our belief systems, and what that may do to our understanding (or faith) in these matters.

It may be that all of the “religious” discussion has influenced people to keep their thoughts to themselves, but I was only trying to answer questions to the best of my abilities.

Moving back to the original topic, if aliens landed, made themselves known, and claimed to be our creators, what would you believe and why?

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
My argument was that we already have worshipped Aliens as "Gods", not that whether we would or not in the future.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Should I let this topic die like one member suggested?

Last Chance to voice your opinion about our alien "brothers".

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join