It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will we worship Aliens as “gods”?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 02:24 AM
link   
If that happens like you say, then I think the real God would have to give us some sort of signal that this fallen angel is a fake. This fallen angel pretending to be God is giving us so many answers that we have been searching for, yet we would be getting decieved by this imposter and how would we know any different that this angel is not God?

It could start a massive war between the fallen angel and his followers versus God and his people.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Realistically I think it would depend heavily on what the aliens looked like and how they performed these deeds. If they,say,looked humanlike and cured people seemingly just by touching their forehead I'm sure they would be worshipped. If they were monstrous looking and used visible forms of technology then they'd likely just be feared.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Die Trying
yet we would be getting decieved by this imposter and how would we know any different that this angel is not God?

Jesus tells us to watch for the signs and pray.

He warns us to not be deceived, and says that many people will use His name saying, “I am Christ.” (Imposters)

Do not go after (follow or worship) them.

Some of the signs we are instructed to watch for:

Wars, earthquakes, hunger and disease will occur all over.

People have heart attacks from fear when the see “those things” which are coming on the Earth.

The powers of heaven will be shaken.

He says you will SEE Jesus coming in a cloud with great power and glory.

Excerpts are from Luke 21 if you are interested.

It could start a massive war between the fallen angel and his followers versus God and his people.

It could, but most scholars believe that Earth’s population will be greatly reduced by the time the anti-Christ shows up, and God’s people will be will be greatly reduced in number, whether it be by beheadings, war, famine, disease, the Rapture, or some other method. There won’t be many left to war with.

I don’t think the few that are left will have any problem discerning who is God, and who is not.

I heard is said this way once, “If someone claims to be God, and asks you to get on their ship, run the &*$# away!!!”

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoPhobos

Jesus tells us to watch for the signs and pray.

He warns us to not be deceived, and says that many people will use His name saying, “I am Christ.” (Imposters)

Do not go after (follow or worship) them.

Some of the signs we are instructed to watch for:

Wars, earthquakes, hunger and disease will occur all over.

People have heart attacks from fear when the see “those things” which are coming on the Earth.

The powers of heaven will be shaken.

He says you will SEE Jesus coming in a cloud with great power and glory.

Excerpts are from Luke 21 if you are interested.

Man its way to complicated. From what I read, If you are a true believer in God and this anti-christ shows up, you are basicly going to be a rare breed of individual, to be able to tell the differance between the real God and the anti-christ and have enough faith to believe in it when so many people are worshipping this imposter. I think its going to be very hard to come to terms with the fact that this anti-christ is in fact claiming credit for Gods work. So many people will feel betrayed by all this.

From the excerpts above it says Jesus will come in a cloud with great power and glory. Does this mean he will come to Earth and put a stop to this anti-christ?

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I highly reccomend giving Revelations a look through in it's entirety. If you need to find it go to This Link. I hope it is quite helpful in your search for information. keep the name Apolyon, in mind, this could well be the head of the aliens if this theory is correct. I must warn about dwelling on these things though, Scripture says "no man will know the day or the hour of the Lord."

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Die Trying.

I agree, it would be very difficult IMO to tell the difference.

What if when the real God comes and we think he is deceiving and we don't follow him for fear of choosing wrong. Will God hold it against us for following his teachings?

Will he destroy the deceiver so we know it is really him?

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Die Trying
Man its way to complicated. [snip]anti-christ is in fact claiming credit for Gods work. [snip]So many people will feel betrayed by all this.

Along the lines of the original scenario, if these aliens were to show us the wonders of the universe and claim to be the original creators of mankind, it would tie right in to biblical text. Knowing the difference between them and God should be pretty simple, because their “case” will be based on deception. If people can recognize enough of the lies to feel betrayed, then they will have beaten the deception, and will choose correctly.

From the excerpts above it says Jesus will come in a cloud with great power and glory. Does this mean he will come to Earth and put a stop to this anti-christ?

I’m not an expert on this subject, but here is a rundown as best as I can remember.

Yes, God will win in the end, but not until the anit-Christ (AC) has ruled the Earth for a time. It is believed by many that the AC will come to power over a period of 3.5 years. He will control the world economy (trade), religion, and armies, and rule over mankind. He will bring peace to the world. He will “convert” many people to his new religion. The temple will be rebuilt, and the AC will stand in it.

Then he will claim to be God, and things will go downhill quickly from there. All people will be required to be “marked” with the symbol of the AC in order to buy stuff or sell stuff. Many believe that the Earths population will be decimated during the last three and a half years.

This period of time is called the Tribulation or the “great time of sorrow.” People will be forced to worship the AC, or die, and few escape this outcome.

After 7 years, Christ will stop the AC and his followers. He will set up the 1000 years of peace and it will be like the Garden of Eden again.

This in not a complete run-down, as it is from memory. Many scholars have devoted much of their careers to studying this stuff, so my description is pretty elementary.

My scenario using aliens as our “creators” is simply an idea I have been toying with over the last few years.

If there really are aliens visiting Earth: why are they here?

Why hasn’t their purpose been identified?

Why do most abduction cases involve some very terrible happenings?

If this stuff is real, how could it tie in with the bible or other texts?

Sorry; I have more questions than answers.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   
If a alien held a matter-disasemble ray to my head.....i would worship him as god.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by bpletcj
What if when the real God comes and we think he is deceiving and we don't follow him for fear of choosing wrong. Will God hold it against us for following his teachings?

I believe that if we are told that we “have it all wrong,” or, “your God is not real,” or “your book is a fairy tale,” or, “Jesus was not God’s son,” it will be easy to decide who is who. It is said that the anti-Christ will deny Christ by saying the He was not God’s son, and that we have it all wrong.

Tying that back to the aliens, if they claimed that they created us, would that not be like claiming that they were our gods? It would be like they were denying the bible, claiming to be our god, and denying Christ, all in a single statement.

I think that a lot of people would completely change their beliefs to fit this new (false) “revelation.” The strange thing is, we are warned specifically that this will happen. Not specifically that aliens will do this, but that the “anti-Christ” will do this.

It seems that most of the people who have replied to this thread do not believe that they would be tricked into this scenario, but I have talked with many people who would accept aliens as their new “gods.”

They anticipate a day where their minds can finally be opened to the great wonders that are out there. They can’t wait to hear the new “truths” that will finally prove that the bible has it all wrong.

Many, many people believe this way.

[edit on 3/10/05 by NoPhobos]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
But what if the AC says that he is god, and lies and says Jesus was his son and that the bible is true.

But turns out to be lying of course, but what are the things we should look for in spotting the false prophet, besides the fact that he lies?

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I see where you are coming from. Here are some other things to identify him:

The AC will be empowered by Satan.

His views (personality) will be opposite or opposed to Christ’s.

He will be killed by a blow to the head, and will rise from the dead in front of the whole world.

He will be (and demand to be) worshiped.

He will stand in the temple and call himself God.

But his fundamental message (or actions) will not be like Jesus’

He comes and rules before Christ comes back. Christ will come to destroy him (them).

After the Battle of Armageddon, the Antichrist, False Prophet, Satan, and all of the demons will be dispatched in various ways.

So one way to look at it, Jesus Christ will come back after the great battle of Armageddon. Anyone claiming to be God before that, is not. See my signature line..

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
So basically the first one to show up on the scene is fake, wait a couple years for JC to come back and save us.

I just hope I get choosing to be with Jesus for the 1000 yrs of peace.

Hail the King of Kings.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Revelation 13:4 - And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

This is what leads me to believe the whole Alien/fallen angle thing.

I mean they would be so advanced most our weapons would have little to no effect. (Who is able to make war with him?)

Who is like unto the beast? Everyone on earth is like unto one another.
Therefore the bible has to be talking about Aliens.

[edit on 10-3-2005 by butters30]

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoPhobos
I see where you are coming from. Here are some other things to identify him:

The AC will be empowered by Satan.

His views (personality) will be opposite or opposed to Christ’s.

He will be killed by a blow to the head, and will rise from the dead in front of the whole world.

He will be (and demand to be) worshiped.

He will stand in the temple and call himself God.

But his fundamental message (or actions) will not be like Jesus’

He comes and rules before Christ comes back. Christ will come to destroy him (them).

After the Battle of Armageddon, the Antichrist, False Prophet, Satan, and all of the demons will be dispatched in various ways.

So one way to look at it, Jesus Christ will come back after the great battle of Armageddon. Anyone claiming to be God before that, is not. See my signature line..

So much for the drama. Kind of a bummer to give away the plot line. Knowing this beforehand, the eventual victory of Christ, why bother fighting? I mean it is written by the hands of god and it will come to pass, so why bother fighting when you know the out come?

I kind of feel sympathy for the AC, seems like he is being set up by god to make his son look like the savior of all mankind. Why does the son of God always get the best part? Does the AC receive more pay for the obviously more difficult role in this?

The AC will be the opposite of the Christ, now this is a description that could apply to 6 billion people on this earth.

[edit on 11-3-2005 by Justanotherperson]

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I find it interesting to see all of the corillary between extraterrestrials and the divine. Is it because they both supposedly come from the sky?

I say supposedly, because, according to Judeo-Christian doctorine, God is always around and inside all of us. No need to look to the sky for Him.

Now here is another interesting question...and I'm not trying to be offensive, here, this is honest curiosity [uh-oh, that means he's bound to say something offensive
].

Take the question, turn it on it's head. What would happen if the 'aliens' came down, landed in DC, and said 'Yeah, all that stuff all of you guys have been talking about? The various religions and whatnot? We did that. Here's proof. Sorry, we were just trying to help you along until you were responsable enough to be held accountable for your own actions.'?

Not that I'm trying to imply that extraterrestrials, should they come here, are in any way benign. Just a hypothetical.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reality Czech

Take the question, turn it on it's head. What would happen if the 'aliens' came down, landed in DC, and said 'Yeah, all that stuff all of you guys have been talking about? The various religions and whatnot? We did that. Here's proof. Sorry, we were just trying to help you along until you were responsable enough to be held accountable for your own actions.'?

Thats exactly how I feel... reminds me of when the explorers came to the new land and bascially said/proved that they were supieror to the natives and there is only one true god... etc.

If I read all the posts correctly, then I'm surprised noone has brought up this point: IF the aliens come to earth and profess we are their creation and provide all the answers etc... how would they answer the question... "ok, aliens, who created you?" "what/who is the singularity, the point of origin" This is the one "saving grace" of religion. Their way out of beliveing aliens are gods.

Now as I ask this, I must mention.. I am NOT affiliated with any religion. Raised catholic - but it didnt seem right... so no biasis here.

peace

[edit on 11-3-2005 by Serum39]

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justanotherperson
So much for the drama. Kind of a bummer to give away the plot line. Knowing this beforehand, the eventual victory of Christ, why bother fighting? I mean it is written by the hands of god and it will come to pass, so why bother fighting when you know the out come?

My thoughts:
Well, the AC is just Satan’s warrior. Satan seems to think he still has a chance to win, and even if he doesn’t, he thinks he can punish God by taking as many of us as he can, away for God. So he fights. One last stand.

The AC will be the opposite of the Christ, now this is a description that could apply to 6 billion people on this earth.

Yes, and some believe that there have, or will, be many ACs before the final battle. But, IMO, I think that some of God’s light shines in most people. Another words: none of us can be Christ, but some of Him can be in us.

The AC will not have any “light” in him.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by bpletcj
So basically the first one to show up on the scene is fake, wait a couple years for JC to come back and save us.

Well, there are several interpretations and texts that say that there will be many anti-Christs. The final AC (also called the Beast) can be identified by the things posted before. There are many other descriptions, as well. Like I said, there are people that have spend considerably more time studying how the game plays out.

I would be so bold to say, that if you see someone or something standing in the temple proclaiming to be God, your best bet is to not believe him (it).

There are also several thoughts (or doctrines) on exactly how long the children of God will be left on Earth to endure the “Time of Sorrow.” The Bible does say that they will be protected from most of the calamity.

It seems that the simplest answer to the difficulty of figuring out who, where, and when, is to simply have faith in Christ. It kinda sounds like a copout, but it is repeated over and over again, throughout the Bible.

By believing the Jesus was the Son of God, and having a relationship with Him, we will have God’s protection, and maybe even some of his insight. It is said that, “we will be sealed by God, and protected.”

Like I said before, the alien connection is just something I have been thinking about over the past few years.

I think we (the Earth) are in for some very interesting times.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
the dumbest and weird part of it all we all ready do

we call them allah, jehova , god, satan, budha, ect.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reality Czech
I find it interesting to see all of the corillary between extraterrestrials and the divine. Is it because they both supposedly come from the sky?

That is one thought. The angles who were thrown out of Heaven for trying to take it over, were apparently thrown down to Earth. They intermarried with man producing the giants. Some think that the major reason for the Flood was this tainting of man’s bloodline (DNA).

Noah was found to be a just man and “perfect.” The word actual word for perfect was Tamiym, which also means without blemish, complete, or whole. It is a word used in the OT to describe the best lamb or best sacrifice (first fruits, or best of the best for a sacrifice to God). One thought is that, Noah had not been corrupted or tainted by the fallen angel’s bloodline (DNA), therefore he was “whole” as God had intended.

The Bible also says that the offspring of the fallen angles and mankind (giants or Nephilim) were on Earth at the time of the Flood, (and some interpret they were on Earth after the Flood, too.)

Later, in the NT, Jesus states that the End Times will be very much like the time of Noah.

My thoughts were: During Noah’s time, if there were angles running around taking women as there wives, having super babies, and this was seen as wicked behavior, how are the alien abduction stories any different?

According to some reports, they are apparently doing experiments using human reproductive tissues and/or zygotes and producing offspring. There are many reports claiming this, and it sounds very similar to the time of Noah.

I say supposedly, because, according to Judeo-Christian doctorine, God is always around and inside all of us. No need to look to the sky for Him.

Yes, but we are told of Christ’s return “from the heavens” and “in a cloud,” and “for all to see.”
I think that aliens could use this scripture to their advantage, especially if they fly in on big ships for all to see.

Personally, I would say that they lied once, they are likely lying again. I guess it would probably shake a lot of people up. This is a VERY possible scenario too. That is my point, as well.

Will it shake you up?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join