It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Republicans should do to end the impeachment farce

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
Either way, instead of passing meaningful legislation...

You know what I want Congress to focus on? The 10+ robocalls I get a day. This morning alone I got a call from the IRS, SSA, the boner medicine guy, two health care companies and someone wanting to reduce the student debt I never had.

Those can be fun though. Just act like a different business each time.

"Tony's abortion and pizza where yesterdays loss is today's sauce, what can I get for ya".

But yea, they literally have a laundry list of things "they promised" to fix that never gets done.... Almost like this has been going on for decades.

Oh well, once bridges start collapsing, maybe people will lay off of the entertainment media political highlights.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

But yea, they literally have a laundry list of things "they promised" to fix that never gets done.... Almost like this has been going on for decades.

Oh well, once bridges start collapsing, maybe people will lay off of the entertainment media political highlights.

Eloquently stated and darkly hilarious.

100%

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I like to tell the medicine guy I have a naked picture of his mom and don't need 'vee-ah-grah'.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

The left appears to be doubling down in the tactics of 2016 expecting different results.

How do you see impeaching the President as a replay of 2016 DNC/Democrat tactics?

Focusing on Trump rather than selling themselves to the voter.

They have Democrat votes, that's a given... But they have to get independents to win. That's going to be hard if every media cycle and soundbite has to do with Trump.

That's just my opinion though.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

The left appears to be doubling down in the tactics of 2016 expecting different results.

How do you see impeaching the President as a replay of 2016 DNC/Democrat tactics?

Focusing on Trump rather than selling themselves to the voter.

They have Democrat votes, that's a given... But they have to get independents to win. That's going to be hard if every media cycle and soundbite has to do with Trump.

That's just my opinion though.

I absolutely agree. Not only selling "Democratic Party Ideas" but having some that aren't "Give Everybody Everything they Ever Wanted and Make the Rich Pay For It."

This is all bread and circuses, smoke and mirrors, an unending calvacade of BS.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Imagine a Democrat who would cut debt while going after some of the programs they want. Impossible some say...

But for more accessible college... If a school is state funded, no more frivolous campuses just to look lavish. You want tax payer money? Cool, offer a good education and tuition is capped at 10,000 a year. The state will offer lower middle class low interest loans if you get a degree that has a demand in the market place.

Health care, pass some legislation saying no more buying up pharma companies that are well established and raising prices 5,000% on medication people need to stay alive that they're already making margins on. Companies are literally acting like hedge funds and scalping insurance companies on medicine that already gets a healthy margins by using people who need it to survive as hostages. (plenty more of examples).

The list goes on and on. And those may not be the solutions, but they are examples on how ideas can save money and increase efficiency.

But other than big pharma, I don't want to see too much regulation... And don't increase taxes.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I'm curious though. How do you see impeaching the President as a replay of 2016 DNC/Democrat tactics?

Uh, by using Obama holdovers to create complaints of election interference...again!

ETA: I'll remind everyone that the "whistleblower" was someone who was fired in 2017 by the WH for leaking information and now has an axe to grind with the current administration. The CIA picked him up and used him after he was fired in another capacity.

edit on 31-10-2019 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
Bring Electronic recording devices in to a secured room... well we already know GOP members are that dumb, it might just work until they release the recordings showing they broke rules/laws.

Yes, we're all well aware that Democrats want to continue being the primary source of leaks with no repercussions. Everything is a big secret until somebody with D after their name decides it isn't.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

I hadn't heard that about the whistleblower. That's incredible! Where did you hear that ?

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

100%

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

What's keeping the Republican members of the Committees from "leaking" again?

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo
Well, that's not happening, not with the alleged crimes provided so far.

I agree...

If it did, lawful or not, there would be a civil war.

Possibly...

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
I think it more obvious that you confusing supposition with fact.

Then you probably shouldn't think so much.

It is obvious to anyone who understands Constitutional Law and the delegation of Powers.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
No, try to follow along.

Sorry, 'following along' is how you got to where you are (believing lies as truth).

I prefer to think for myself.

But by all means - prove that the Dems are using rules created by the Republicans for this impeachment farce.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

The easiest solution to bring an unconstitutional action to an end is for the victim to file in Federal court for civil rights violations.

Easy? You've obviously never filed a federal lawsuit alleging Constitutional violations. And this one would have to be filed directly with the Supreme Court - another major hurdle.

No, it would be much easier for the Republicans to push back and force the dems to some really blatant unConstitutional violations up to and including physical assault.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl
But by all means - prove that the Dems are using rules created by the Republicans for this impeachment farce.

Was the initial inquiry in a committee done secretly? Yeah? There you go.

edit on 31-10-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: Wayfarer
I think it more obvious that you confusing supposition with fact.

Then you probably shouldn't think so much.

It is obvious to anyone who understands Constitutional Law and the delegation of Powers.

Its both peculiar and a little humorous though that you think the grand plurality of legally trained/seasoned individuals is wrong, and instead have hitched your opinion and utter confidence on cherry picked legal opinion outliers. Is that why you think I should think less, so that through ignorance I may agree with you?

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

It would be easier for the White House and allies to keep up the incessant bitching about nothing too. Wanna bet that's what happens?

Out of curiosity how many civil rights actions have you filed in Federal court? Or before the Supreme Court for that matter?

Or is this another example of your boundless all-knowing wisdom *cough utter BS *cough*?

edit on 31-10-2019 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

You mean these rules....

thehill.com...

www.nationalmemo.com...

edit on 31-10-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Would you reference any of the many Constitutional scholars who agree with your position?

If you have time. Thank you kindly.

Can't help you, post back when you find them. I've seen many on different news shows discussing this. In fact hearing one say precisely what I've claimed (not in so many words, but essentially) is what made me really take a close look at this - the wording of the delegation of Power in the constitution, and the meanings of the terms involved. But I didn't write down their credentials.

By all means, feel free to claim this as a win... it doesn't matter, because you are wrong, and even though you'll never admit - deep down you know it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join