It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Republicans should do to end the impeachment farce

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   
This is a simple follow-on thread to my last one, Impeachment - what the Constitution requires, wherein I laid out my position that any and all Impeachment action must be engaged in by the whole House of Representatives.

So, here is my recommendation to the Republicans in Congress. It is actually quite simple...

Jim Jordan, Mark Meadows, Devin Nunes, Matt Gaetz, I'm talking to you:

First and foremost, be sure there are cameras in your control ready and waiting to fully capture what is about to happen.

The next time you are involved in a hearing, and Schiff (or anyone else) tries to prevent you from asking legitimate questions or calling legitimate witnesses, simply inform them that the Constitution of the United States plainly delegates the authority of the impeachment process to "The House of Representatives", not the Speaker of the House, and not some committee chair, and that you are exercising your authority, as a sitting Member of The House of Representatives, and that you consider any interference in the exercise of your authority as an unConstitutional act, and will dutifully ignore it.

Then, just continue asking your questions, or insisting that a subpoena be issued for the witness(es) you want called, etc. Be polite, but firm. If Schiff tries to 'move on', don't let him. Keep talking - raise your voice enough to be heard over him if you have to, but no more than that - but do not allow him to move on.

What do I think would happen? I'm not sure. Maybe the hearing would be canceled/postponed. Very possibly Schiff would call the House Sargent at Arms, and maybe try to have these sitting House Members forcibly removed from the hearing. If that happens, all of the other Republicans should stand in the way. Do not physically resist, but do not help them. Force them to carry every single one of you out.

Can you imagine the optics? This would reveal the plain and simple hypocrisy and unConstitutional action being undertaken as the farce that it is.
edit on 31-10-2019 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   
If this is all real, why isn't Trump using the Military to stop a blatantly obvious and illegal coup?
edit on 31-10-2019 by TheGreatWork because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGreatWork

That part would come later if they try to physically remove Trump from the White House unlawfully.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Not trying to be snippy - please don't take it that way but - send them a letter, and email. I'm pretty sure they don't read ATS (who knows?) - but seriously - send the men you mentioned a letter explaining your (what would you call it?) 'plan'? Then let us know if you even get a response.

THAT would be cool!

Have a great day!
edit on 0419Thursday201913 by silo13 because: spacing

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

That part would come later if they try to physically remove Trump from the White House unlawfully.

So you let them murder in the streets, people like Seth Rich, etc... But do nothing until they actually come for you... (when it is too late) Nice.

Its all a sham!

edit on 31-10-2019 by TheGreatWork because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Bring Electronic recording devices in to a secured room... well we already know GOP members are that dumb, it might just work until they release the recordings showing they broke rules/laws.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreatWork
If this is all real, why isn't Trump using the Military to stop a blatantly obvious and illegal coup?

If what is all 'real'?

This is a political question/problem involving the legislative branch, not one requiring the use of the military by the Executive branch.

That is why it is up to the Republican House Members to deal with it.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   
What needs to happen at this point is for the republican representatives or a patriotic individual bring a lawsuit against the democratic representatives in congress through the federal court system . Get the Supreme Court involved in this fiasco.
Bring treason charges against Shifty , Nadeler, and Pelosi.
edit on 31-10-2019 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   

If the Senate were to vote to convict a House Impeachment resolution, his removal would be lawful.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
What needs to happen at this point is for the republican representatives or a patriotic individual bring a lawsuit against the democratic representatives in congress through the federal court system . Get the Supreme Court involved in this fiasco.

No, no, no. They need to simply stand their ground in these hearings. Do not allow Schiff or Nadler or anyone else to hold a hearing under unConstitutional (or non-existent) rules. Refuse to allow the farce to continue.

This isn't a legal question... yet.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

If the Senate were to vote to convict a House Impeachment resolution, his removal would be lawful.

Lawful? What if it isn't lawful but they do it anyway? If the group deciding your fate is also corrupt, there MUST be other options for a President, of any country.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Why do the Republicans need to do anything exactly? Everybody knows the vote will die in the Senate. I don't see why its incumbent on sounding the alarms and mustering all hands on deck to stop something that has no chance of happening anyways...

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
Bring Electronic recording devices in to a secured room... well we already know GOP members are that dumb, it might just work until they release the recordings showing they broke rules/laws.

Not sure what you are yammering about.

Who said anything about bringing them into a room that doesn't allow them?

I said have cameras ready to capture the act of them being physically removed.

If the room in question allows cameras and the hearing is public, the cameras will already be there.

If not, have them ready right outside the meeting room.

Use your head.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
Why do the Republicans need to do anything exactly?

Because what is going on is an unConstitutional farce?

Everybody knows the vote will die in the Senate. I don't see why its incumbent on sounding the alarms and mustering all hands on deck to stop something that has no chance of happening anyways...

To do what is possible to make sure something like this never happens again.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Why are the Democrats recognizing that we are one year away from an election and that if America makes Repubs the majority...they are basically ensuring they will not have a voice then? This resolution is a sad day for our House.

This precedent gets passed...it will truly send us down the road that rights and freedoms will be lost.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: Wayfarer
Why do the Republicans need to do anything exactly?

Because what is going on is an unConstitutional farce?

Everybody knows the vote will die in the Senate. I don't see why its incumbent on sounding the alarms and mustering all hands on deck to stop something that has no chance of happening anyways...

To do what is possible to make sure something like this never happens again.

The unconstitutionality of it (if it is deemed necessary, and I'm wary of it needed to be) will be decided by other folks than you and I though. Suffice to say aside from this fringe conspiracy forum most legal experts agree there is nothing unconstitutional occurring.

Regarding not wanting something like this to happen again, perhaps your efforts would have been better served sounding the clarion call of alarm back when it occurred to Bill Clinton whereby you may have had enough time to make meaningful change in defense of Trump, or was that scenario totally good and OK because it was a Democratic president to which it was occurring?

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
a reply to: Wayfarer

Why are the Democrats recognizing that we are one year away from an election and that if America makes Repubs the majority...they are basically ensuring they will not have a voice then? This resolution is a sad day for our House.

This precedent gets passed...it will truly send us down the road that rights and freedoms will be lost.

I'm not sure I understand your question. I'm unaware of a plan by Democrats to make Republicans the majority.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Yes it is. We are witnessing a constitutional crisis here and the Supreme Court is the only means to stop this fiasco. Congress is divided and the Senate's hands are tied because of it.
The audacity of Nancy Pelosi this morning when she rose to address the chamber and read the preamble to the constitution and claimed they were defending the Constitution of the United States. She is a snake.

edit on 31-10-2019 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Yes it is. We are witnessing a constitutional crisis here and the Supreme Court is the only means to stop this fiasco. Congress is divided and the Senate's hands are tied because of it.

How is the Senate's hands tied when they don't involved until there is an actual trial?

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   

What exactly is the Supreme Court going to rule on? The fact that those dastardly Dems are doing things EXACTLY by the Senate Rules set forth in 2015 when it was Republican controlled?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join