It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Republicans should do to end the impeachment farce

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: BomSquad

I feel it is very short sighted of them since one day the shoe will be on the other foot. One day they might be in the minority and have these same tactics used against them. I doubt it, only because the republicans like to appear to be above this sort of behavior (I am not saying they ARE above this sort of behavior, only that they like to have the appearance).

Shortsided only if you assume the Republicans modus operandi isn't first to prevent/eliminate Democrats from getting/holding office, followed by Tax Cuts and other party prerogatives. I personally feel like we're well past the paradigm shift at this point and there's no use pining for some imaginary fantasy recollection of a time where decorum ruled the day.

I rather see it as the Democrats finally recognizing they need to play the game by the Republicans rules.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: BomSquad
What the democrats are doing with the impeachment rules is not fair...but it is not illegal or against the House rules.

They are the majority party and therefore can make any rules changes they would like, since they have the votes to do so. It doesn't mean that what they are doing is right or just, it only means they have the authority to do it.

No rules have been changed though. They are operating under the rules Republicans brought in.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: proximo

They would not be risking their life for the president - they would be risking it to keep their voting rights being unfairly stripped away.

You think this is some joke

Clearly this is no laughing matter seeing as we wont be allowed to vote anymore if Trump gets removed.

You don't get it. If the press and the intel agencies get to make up lies - feed them to the public and get any one they dislike impeached there is no more democracy.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: network dude

Why do the Republicans need to do anything exactly? Everybody knows the vote will die in the Senate. I don't see why its incumbent on sounding the alarms and mustering all hands on deck to stop something that has no chance of happening anyways...

As you either already know, or are about to, the isn't about removing the president, it's about optics for election time. the asshole left knows they can't start being nice and doing their job now, they already invested too much into all this, and lost. So as a last ditch effort, they are trying to leak selective bad information against Trump to change the outcome of the election. How well it will work remains to be seen.

And If anyone in power decides that willfully trying to screw with a US election is wrong, as may have been mentioned in the past *(RUSSIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!)*, then perhaps in investigation into Pelosi, Schiff, Naddler, and the other missing musckateer Schumer, might yield some results for an actual impeachment that matters.

Or you can always resort to "Orange man bad", which has been the mantra of many for some time now.

I'm not resorting to 'Orange man bad', because there is no need with the plethora of evidence. Secondly, it seems you are contradicting Tanstaafl who is convinced that even if the Democrats are doing all this for optics (which I in fact agree on), then the end result can only be the complete removal of all Democrats from elected positions and perpetual entrenchment of Republicans in all positions of political power forevermore (somehow)....

I just reconcile the opinions of how the what the Democrats are doing will only spell ruination for them with the fact that the Democrats must be stopped as well........

My crystal ball is dirty, and I'm too damn lazy to clean it, so like others, I will have to wait to see just how much dirt is selectively leaked by the asshole left, while the right sheepishly claims they can't say anything due to "rules". Maybe it will be like the Clinton thing and embolden the right. I hope so. Then instead of constant defense of Trump, we can all start to pull back the curtain on why congress gets nothing done. If the right have everything, and still stonewall each other, there will be nobody to point the finger at, and some accountability will be needed.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreatWork
If this is all real, why isn't Trump using the Military to stop a blatantly obvious and illegal coup?

For years I have read this stupid question in different forms.

The military is not here to solve our political problems for us.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: CharlesT
Say what? You are joking here, aren't you?

No, try to follow along.

You're trying to tell me holding closed door partizan investigations from the start, in the basement of the capitol is constitutional? I don't think so. I'll give the repubs credit for finally forcing the dems to bring this fiasco out of the closet and into the public arena though. The democratic party is a slimy bunch of traitors.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The easiest solution to bring an unconstitutional action to an end is for the victim to file in Federal court for civil rights violations.

Mr. Gaetz, Jordan, et. al. aren't being impeached, the President is. If it is unconsitutional, file a case.

Stop the madness.

Easy peasy.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

They would not be risking their life for the president - they would be risking it to keep their voting rights being unfairly stripped away.

Clearly this is no laughing matter seeing as we wont be allowed to vote anymore if Trump gets removed.

You don't get it. If the press and the intel agencies get to make up lies - feed them to the public and get any one they dislike impeached there is no more democracy.

What little democracy we have left*.

We get two choices, and half of eligible people show up. Nothing ever changes, and people don't really demand it.

Trump is knowingly or unknowingly helping the cause of the establishments IMO by getting people back into the two camps. 2016 showed people were sick of the left and the right, Bernie and Trump claimed to be untethered by the establishment arm.

But here we are. Things aren't much different than ten or fifteen years ago.

It's all theater... And like you said, there's a 1% chance he gets removed.

Plus, look on the bright side... Negative media is what got him elected, it will probably happen again.

edit on 31-10-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Where have you been? Democracy died the day JFK was murdered.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
If delusions were worth money to read, i would be a billionaire by now.

It is obvious to all but the most blind that trump most certainly withheld military aid from Ukraine in an attempt to get dirt on Biden. It is also obvious that the house is violating no laws holding the hearings as they are. You say they won't let them answer, they say they won't let them answer because doing so is against the whistle blower laws.

Do you folks want law and order? You say you do, but every time law and order hurts you, you are against it.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Why do the Republicans need to do anything exactly? Everybody knows the vote will die in the Senate. I don't see why its incumbent on sounding the alarms and mustering all hands on deck to stop something that has no chance of happening anyways...

I have this same question. The reactions often seem similar to a -- protection imperative.

We have multiple forms of redress, aside from the fact that NO PRESIDENT HAS EVEN BEEN REMOVED.

The mere idea though, for some, triggers a "cult leader/hive queen in danger response." It would be humorous if it weren't quite so sad.

If this is unconstituional, the damaged party is Donald J. Trump. Why doesn't he sue?
edit on 31-10-2019 by Gryphon66 because: Format

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Would you reference any of the many Constitutional scholars who agree with your position?

If you have time. Thank you kindly.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
You're trying to tell me holding closed door partizan investigations from the start, in the basement of the capitol is constitutional?

Actually they're not in the basement, they're in a subbasement that no one knows about. Any other absurd comments?

And it's spelled 'partisan'.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Has anyone done the "we aren't a democracy we are a constitutional republic" thing yet?

IF not, there you go.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: TheGreatWork
If this is all real, why isn't Trump using the Military to stop a blatantly obvious and illegal coup?

For years I have read this stupid question in different forms.

The military is not here to solve our political problems for us.

Agreed 100%
2nd line.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Your post made me think of something a bit off-topic.

If TPTB wanted to instigate what would probably be years of terrorist actions in the streets of America, they could have McConnell et. al. reverse at the 11th hour and make Trump the first President removed from office.

Now that would, at least in the metaphorical sense, indeed be a coup.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
a reply to: TheGreatWork

That part would come later if they try to physically remove Trump from the White House unlawfully.

The wait is killing me.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Honestly I think this is all for campaign sound bites for 2020.

They're wasting their time when a vote is a year off, and I imagine impeachment would be a cluster f# of a legal battle that would last up until about then (though we don't really have much to go off of seeing as this is rare).

Either way, instead of passing meaningful legislation, they're wasting time and money on what appears to be a hail Mary.

They'd be better off focusing their attention and coffers at a poised candidate (lol, who is the million dollar question)...

The left appears to be doubling down in the tactics of 2016 expecting different results.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Either way, instead of passing meaningful legislation...

You know what I want Congress to focus on? The 10+ robocalls I get a day. This morning alone I got a call from the IRS, SSA, the boner medicine guy, two health care companies and someone wanting to reduce the student debt I never had.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

The left appears to be doubling down in the tactics of 2016 expecting different results.

I agree that all American politics is 99.99% sound and fury.

I'm curious though. How do you see impeaching the President as a replay of 2016 DNC/Democrat tactics?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join