It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Republicans should do to end the impeachment farce

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

They are not using house rules for impeachment. In fact they just had a vote to establish the rules. So your argument just shows your clueless.

Quoted for consistency and for ultimate irony.

2nd line.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
What American's SHOULD do in the face of flagrant disregard for the law by the democrats is to do what the constitution calls for in this situation..... exercise the 2nd amendment as it was meant to be used...

I figure 10 million armed citizen's surrounding the capital and hanging all democrats/members of the media who are working on this treasonous coup on the front steps of the capital should keep this evil at bay for at least one generation.

i dont like advocating violence, but evil bullies dont follow the rules or listen to reason. Shiff , pelosy and whoever is behind them will not stop till they are sucessful UNLESS the american people stand up and put and end to the madness.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: teddyvetter
What American's SHOULD do in the face of flagrant disregard for the law by the democrats is to do what the constitution calls for in this situation..... exercise the 2nd amendment as it was meant to be used...

I figure 10 million armed citizen's surrounding the capital and hanging all democrats/members of the media who are working on this treasonous coup on the front steps of the capital should keep this evil at bay for at least one generation.

i dont like advocating violence, but evil bullies dont follow the rules or listen to reason. Shiff , pelosy and whoever is behind them will not stop till they are sucessful UNLESS the american people stand up and put and end to the madness.

"I don't like advocating violence" said everyone advocating violence, ever.

Perhaps you are being metaphorical. Do you genuinely believe that 10 million Americans can be gathered at one time to do anything? That's the first irrational point if so.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
Bring Electronic recording devices in to a secured room... well we already know GOP members are that dumb, it might just work until they release the recordings showing they broke rules/laws.

Sometimes you have to break unjust laws. (Especially unconstitutional ones, or ones that are being used unconstitutionally.)

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: CharlesT

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, no one is stopping them from talking about this. They legally don't get involved in the process unless there is an actual impeachment.

And what are they going to condemn, that the Democrats are using the rules the Republicans put in place?

I don't think the GOP put any rules in place that allow for secret hearings, and testimony to be given in an impeachment hearing.

It's a ploy to allow the intelligence committee to question witnesses without allowing most of Congress to give any cross examination. So the court record will show answers to strategically chosen questions for one side, but end up omitting a lot of questions that would have strategically chosen by the other side.

It's kind of like playing chess where you can make 6 or more moves, and have the king in checkmate, before the other side even gets to move their pieces once.

originally posted by: RazorV66
a reply to: tanstaafl

They have been going at this President for 3 years now with lies and fairytales because they lost an election that everyone said they had in the bag.

They're trying to show that fairy tales are powerful.

That's why witch trials were so successful in the middle ages. The public *wanted* to believe their community's misfortunes were the result of magical pact between some unpopular woman and the devil.

Just like democrats *want* to believe Trump has made a pact with Putin (the modern equivalent of the devil.)

originally posted by: olaru12
I find it ironic that the GOP changed the impeachment rules to impeach Clinton and investigate Obama, now the democrats are essentially using republican rules on a republican.

What rules are you talking about?

When did the GOP ever attempt to question a witness in a non-public hearing?

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
They are not using house rules for impeachment.

The inquiry was being conducted under the 2015 rules, talk about being clueless. If you're going to interject yourself at least get the facts straight.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: bloodymarvelous
I don't think the GOP put any rules in place that allow for secret hearings, and testimony to be given in an impeachment hearing.

You'd be wrong then, the links to the 2015 rules have been posted previously.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   
#yawn

Politico

House Republicans changed the rules in 2015 to allow many of their committee chairmen to issue subpoenas without consulting the minority party, overriding Democrats objections that likened the tactic to something out of the McCarthy era.

Now the weapon that the GOP wielded dozens of times against President Barack Obama’s agencies could allow Democrats to bombard President Donald Trump’s most controversial appointees with demands for information. And many Democrats are itching to use it.

“The Republicans have set the standard and, by God, we’re going to emulate that standard,” Rep. Gerry Connolly (D-Va.) told POLITICO.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: teddyvetter
hanging all democrats/members of the media who are working on this treasonous coup on the front steps of the capital should keep this evil at bay for at least one generation.

Wow, hanging of ALL democrats

Not sure what to think for your state of mind (might be best to turn of the control box and interact at a human level with others), but you have a right to your opinion, glad I live 1000s of miles away from you.

So not only do you wish to kill people with a different opinion, you also want their bodies on show as a warning sign to any others who may disagree.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Core authoritarians can't help themselves.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

They can end it very easy, if Graham would subpeana everyone of Schiffs partisian witness to testify in the Senate and the people can see how rediculous they are. But Graham is part of the swamp and is probably blackmailed so he can't do anything but talk. However, he said he will step down as chairman and hopefully someone who is not compromise like Rand Paul can subpoena the partisans in the house. This will scare all the political hacks to silence.

Easy to fix but Washington is full of backstabbers so nothing is happening.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ambassado12

Subpoena them for what? The Senate isn't involved at this point.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

DETAILS DETAILS.

God help us.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Ksihkehe

What's keeping the Republican members of the Committees from "leaking" again?

Ethics. Something most dems and TDS sufferers - and far too many Republicans too - don't understand.

Awww. Bless your heart.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: ambassado12
Subpoena them for what? The Senate isn't involved at this point.

They are very involved. They are unable to do anything because the House is completely and totally at a standstill due to TDS turned IDS.

But that is irrelevant anyway. There is no reason they cannot hold their own hearings to get a jump on things. Like the House, the Senate committees can also hold hearings if and when they like. Dig?

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Ethics. Something most dems and TDS sufferers - and far too many Republicans too - don't understand.

Awww. Bless your heart.

At least I have one...

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ambassado12

They can end it very easy, if Graham would subpeana everyone of Schiffs partisian witness to testify in the Senate and the people can see how rediculous they are.

Yeah, but my way would be a lot more fun... plus, it would very possibly provide an opportunity to establish once and for all what the Constitution means when it says the HoR has the sole Power... I cannot see any possible way the Supreme Court could rule that it could mean one or a few partisan hacks running the show.

I too think Graham is compromised somehow. Too bad...

Washington is full of backstabbers so nothing is happening.

Well, that is certainly true...

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   

They are very involved. They are unable to do anything because the House is completely and totally at a standstill due to TDS turned IDS.

But that is irrelevant anyway. There is no reason they cannot hold their own hearings to get a jump on things. Like the House, the Senate committees can also hold hearings if and when they like. Dig?

Their hearings would be irrelevant in any impeachment process.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   
don't think this one is going to end the way everyone thinks

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Awww. Bless your heart.

At least I have one...

Whose is it?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join