It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A major fraud by Amazon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Hundreds of Amazon stores sell hemp oil as a remedy for pain and sleeplessness.

At the same time Amazon's policy prohibits selling anything containing CBD. This actually is THE ingredient of the hemp plant which could possibly help for sleeplessness and pain. The stuff they sell is as helpful as olive oil.

I think that Amazon should be sued for fraud.

More details here:The Gypsies of Amazon

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Somehow I don't see why ppl would buy a health supplement on Amazon (ie hemp oil or my fave, butter)

but expect a medical effect.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: vernichter

The trick is the manufacturers sell it as 'hemp extract' but it still does contain CBD. It's many of the same products you can buy elsewhere, they do this to keep ahead of the government and other regulations. Buy from a reputable brand you can source off of Amazon as well.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   

The biggest fraud is CBD..
It's great for some things but it's being sold as some kind of magic miracle cure.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
Scientific tests have shown that CBD helps for pain and insomnia

www.health.harvard.edu...

That's why the Amazon fraud is possible. As you might have noticed they advertise the product as a cure for pain and insomnia, not for cancer.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Advertising any unregulated product as a cure for pain or insomnia is illegal. One cannot claim a product not regulated by FDA as a "cure" for anything period, whether we believe it is or not. Any such claim would establish it as an unregulated drug and result in Federal action in court, resulting in large fines, cease and desist orders, and forced return of monies direct to consumers.

The studies thus far are very limited. Only recently in 2015 have medical research even been allowed. CBD is only obtained from the hemp plant and not from its cousin. Only one actual drug containing CBD is currently allowed and is prescribed to treat certain forms of epilepsy where the most promise has been found. Some of the issues involve it's legal status as it is still illegal in most states.

Very few studies involving humans to date. There are as with many drugs side effects. The studies to date are incomplete in regards to chronic pain, insomnia, and other claims made. What you are purchasing are unregulated supplements and can contain any number of other unknowns. There are ZERO regulated CBD products out there and buyer beware. Amazon is not committing fraud, the product maker could be, but it's an unregulated product so good luck.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: vernichter
a reply to: Bluntone22
Scientific tests have shown that CBD helps for pain and insomnia

www.health.harvard.edu...

That's why the Amazon fraud is possible. As you might have noticed they advertise the product as a cure for pain and insomnia, not for cancer.

CBD is an unregulated free for all right now. Stores are popping up all over the place selling it to fix all sorts of ailments. I think it's BS but I know people that swear by it. I've tried it too and got nothing out of it. I think it's a placebo at best.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: serpo

Nobody who buys hemp oil on Amazon thinks of it as merely a supplement. The supplements like fish oil are sold there 30 times cheaper. Hemp oil is sold for a price of an expensive drug. People only buy it because they think it has the medical effects of marijuana.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN

Advertising any unregulated product as a cure for pain or insomnia is illegal. One cannot claim a product not regulated by FDA as a "cure" for anything period, whether we believe it is or not. Any such claim would establish it as an unregulated drug and result in Federal action in court, resulting in large fines, cease and desist orders, and forced return of monies direct to consumers.

The studies thus far are very limited. Only recently in 2015 have medical research even been allowed. CBD is only obtained from the hemp plant and not from its cousin. Only one actual drug containing CBD is currently allowed and is prescribed to treat certain forms of epilepsy where the most promise has been found. Some of the issues involve it's legal status as it is still illegal in most states.

Very few studies involving humans to date. There are as with many drugs side effects. The studies to date are incomplete in regards to chronic pain, insomnia, and other claims made. What you are purchasing are unregulated supplements and can contain any number of other unknowns. There are ZERO regulated CBD products out there and buyer beware. Amazon is not committing fraud, the product maker could be, but it's an unregulated product so good luck.

I bought CBD oil from our coop, derived from Hemp. It actually works well with my epilepsy, but takes away my initiative to learn new things. I keep some in case I need it because it works well. I have other natural chemistries that work well that do not dumb me down nearly as much. I am intolerant to the five classes of epilepsy drugs they tried. The pills all doped me up and a few types destroyed my short term memory while I was taking them. The CBD does not actually destroy my short term memory, it only gets rid of my desire to get ahead or research. It lowers my initiative. I know lots of people with the same side effect off of cannabis, just like I had that effect from it. There is still some of an effect from CBD, just no real high like THC containing products.

They may be legalizing cannabis to take away people's stress of not getting ahead in the economy we live in. It is no longer the land of opportunity like it used to be for the majority of people. Most people have a hard time getting a living wage and the majority of people now have a hard time getting ahead in the world.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Been buying hemp oil and butter for over a decade now and use solely as better moisturizer than petrol or even shea & cocoa butter for me.

Sad to hear hemp oil being gaslit as a medicine that necessarily contains CBD.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Hemp lacks full spectrum for medicinal purposes. Amazon can't sell full spectrum because Federal banks cannot accept payment for a product that is not legal everywhere in the US. Testing with cbd, etc. has not begun to even scratch the surface of medical possibilities. The pharmaceuticals will fight it's legalization until they can find a way to make money off it themselves.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Glad to hear it helps with your epilepsy. That at the moment is the only approved use by the FDA. Do you use the over the counter version or the actual pharmaceutical ? Dont mean to pry personal info, just curious as from what I read it is extremely effective, especially for young children.

A lot of promise and potential but as with any potential new drug, it will be quite awhile and many more studies before we can conclude that's it effective for many of the claims being bandied about. Until then, its is a new frontier with many bad actors out to make a buck and since its unregulated in some cases could be dangerous or at least deceptive.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   
The biggest frauds are big pharma and the crap they push.a reply to: Bluntone22

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Floridadreamin

That is correct. But this is not a reason to sell placebo for the price of an expensive drug.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN
a reply to: rickymouse

Glad to hear it helps with your epilepsy. That at the moment is the only approved use by the FDA. Do you use the over the counter version or the actual pharmaceutical ? Dont mean to pry personal info, just curious as from what I read it is extremely effective, especially for young children.

A lot of promise and potential but as with any potential new drug, it will be quite awhile and many more studies before we can conclude that's it effective for many of the claims being bandied about. Until then, its is a new frontier with many bad actors out to make a buck and since its unregulated in some cases could be dangerous or at least deceptive.

I use the brand they have at our health coop. It is pricey, but not nearly as pricey as the thousand a month the meds were costing the insurance company. Maybe twenty five bucks a month. I use diet most times and also can take the taurine 500 mg pills at about six bucks a month and they reduce most of the seizure risk if I do not eat what I have found out works best, homemade soups of a special recipe. The soups also work really well to stop flues and other viruses and are actually highly anticancer...I guess that is a beneficial side effect.

I can make soup to last a week for less than the cost of the CBD oil tablets though. Plus it is food, it replaces meals. I also have to avoid certain foods, pizza can increase my seizure risk, so I usually have to take a taurine when I eat foods like that. The only reason I do not want to use the CBD oil caps is because I do not want to be that mellow. I like a little excitement in my life.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Its the THC which actually kills some cancer cells. Not all but some, but they don't want to do trials because it would cost the Cancer industry a lot of money. When you get some one given six weeks to live, then decides to try the oil. Then you consider that its big pharma which tells the Governments what to legalize by lobbyists we seem to be living in an economic straight jacket.

When you get so many anecdotal reports , it makes you think for whos benefit the health services are being run for.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

I think it's BS but I know people that swear by it. I've tried it too and got nothing out of it.

I was in a motorcycle accident some years ago that causes me varying levels of chronic pain. I mostly just live with it, but when it gets really rough I'll use - in order - to get some relief:

1 - Ibuprofen

2 - Deep tissue massage - when I can make the time.

3 - CBD Oil

4 - Prescribed opiates like Oxycodone or Nucynta.

I find the CBD oil often helps. Not always, but often enough that I keep a bottle in my medicine cabinet.

Your mileage may vary...

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Hmmmmm.... it seems Amazon is playing fast and loose with their own policy. Despite their written policy, if they are allowing full spectrum oils to be sold, then they are allowing CBD products to be sold. CBDs are part and parcel of hemp plants -- and in fact, most industrial hemp probably has more CBD than sativa or indica strains. If I remember correctly, all cannabinoids begin as CBD, and then turn into other cannabinoids, such as THC. Quality of products will vary, but that's true of all products.

CBD from Marijuana vs CBD Oil from Hemp

On a molecular level, CBD from hemp is the same as CBD from marijuana. Franjo Grotenhermen of the International Association for Cannabinoid Medicines has been quoted saying, “CBD is CBD. The human body does not care where the molecule comes from.”

It's a nonsensical policy on Amazon's part. CBD products are legal in all 50 states, and our bodies NEED cannabinoids to function properly.

The Endocannabinoid System: Everything You Need to Know

Did you know that there is a system in our bodies comprised of receptors that interact exclusively with cannabinoids like CBD and THC?

As technology advanced, researchers were able to further analyze the relationship between the cannabinoid receptors within our body (referred to as “Endocannabinoids“) and the cannabinoid receptors in Cannabis compounds like CBD and THC (referred to as “Phytocannabinoids“).

What they discovered was an entirely unknown signaling system between Phytocannabinoids and Endocannabinoids. Naturally, they deemed this system the Endocannabinoid System―ECS for short.

While the researchers had not yet linked these signals to any health benefits, this was a huge breakthrough because it revealed one profound fact―our bodies were designed to interact with cannabinoids.

Research reveals that when CBD bonds with the CB1 or CB2 receptors, it alters and/or improves the capabilities of that receptor, thereby improving the receptors functionality.

Much more research is needed -- especially in humans -- but there is already plenty of medical research to know that CBD benefits the body. Not just for relieving pain and nausea, but for the functioning of our immune systems and actually allowing our bodies to heal themselves.

Research Shows CBD Benefits 50+ Conditions

The promise is there... we just need to understand it better.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Well let's see, I use cannabis oil and it helps with my pain and helps me relax for sleep and as for as I know it is NOT advertised or sold as a drug but as a dietary supplement. THAT's to get around the "drug legality". Believe me , it works.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   
If you wanna talk about shady dealings By Amazon, I'd start with those creepy Alexa "devices" (what is this the 1800s? Devices?). Everything else Amazon news is small potatoes next to the fact that Amazon wants to put a "smart" camera and super spy microphone (all connected to the internet, of course) in every house in the world. This should be the biggest story ever and no one is talking about it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join