It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kurds make deal with Assad for protection from Turkey

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
Great game Trump

There are a lot of Kurds who would disagree...

Peace

I don’t care 😭 maybe Soros can throw them a bone? Muh muh muhahahaha

No time for communists here, they’ve caused enough deaths in the last century alone, why should the US or any other western countries go fight a war in n which the PKK (communists) and the PYD (communist) want to carve out their own kingdom of Kurds spanning Turkey Syria Iraq? While the Turkish islamists seem to destroy that dream?

On what planet are you people, Why should anybody fight for Islamist or communist domination?

Pftt EAT EACH OTHER
edit on 13-10-2019 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Oppsy
edit on 13-10-2019 by TritonTaranis because: Oops

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: RAY1990

Since Turkey started it we are under no obligation to defend them.

Maybe not. But Trump's decision to withdraw just before a Turkish invasion and the further withdrawal due to their extension doesn't look good on your nation.

As it stands I see a united Syria with heavy Russian backing, I imagine the deal brokered has killed off the idea of a nation for the Kurds. Anyways maybe an end is in sight. Depends on how Turkey acts.

Just a damn shame about the last 8 years. US policy on Syria was a complete waste of time, life and resources.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: sybdragon

Iran are in Syria on behalf of the Syrian government, they resisted right up until it was nearly all lost before formally accepting help.

And no. The Turks don't show signs of backing down and actually plan on pushing further into Syria... I imagine that plan is changing. So far we've dealt with mostly rebels backed by nations in the region, today might be the day that changes and actual nations begin fighting each other.

I don't see any saving of bloodshed, I see the potential for much much worse tbh.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

Yeah and now we're ending it.

The is no version of "bring the troops home" that does not include leaving someone or something behind. That's an inescapable truth and it is so regardless of how we protest.

We are done. Let it be done.

edit on 10 13 2019 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

We are done. Let it be done.

On to Saudi Arabia!

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Next is Afghanistan.

But I agree with you. We need to stay out of Saudi Arabia as well.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I think small forces (as were deployed in Syria) serve our interests and those of our allies.

Forever? Yes, probably so.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

I mentioned that on one of my post that the best case scenario would that the kurds, will make an alliance with Damascus. That will bring them under Russian-Iran influence since Russia and Iran are backing Assad. So far however there have been no acknowledgement by Syria or Russia about that scenario.

Turkey committing massacres against locals is nothing new. Recently there was a bombing of a convoy caring journalists. On the ground the Jihadists fighting for Turkey which consist from former members of Al-kaida, ISIS, and FSA committed many crimes. The most recent according to a Greek site kidnapped, raped and executed a 4 manned Red Crecent( Red Cross) personnel from an ambulance, while chanting "allahu akbar).

Link Warning : Video and Photos are included on the article. They are blurred but it´s disturbing.

Let´s hope soon will be an end.

Peace

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: RAY1990

Since Turkey started it we are under no obligation to defend them.

Maybe not. But Trump's decision to withdraw just before a Turkish invasion and the further withdrawal due to their extension doesn't look good on your nation.

As it stands I see a united Syria with heavy Russian backing, I imagine the deal brokered has killed off the idea of a nation for the Kurds. Anyways maybe an end is in sight. Depends on how Turkey acts.

Just a damn shame about the last 8 years. US policy on Syria was a complete waste of time, life and resources.

This might sound harsh but it's their fault. They should have left and killed the ISIS prisoners since they don't have a country to hold responsible. The turks almost half of them are kurds who side with Turkey attacking the Syrian ones.
In short screw them.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

This has the potential to blow up into something far worse than the intended operation if that report is true.

Why?

The Kurds and Asad have historically had an undestanding. He's largely left them alone while other regional leaders have persecuted them for decades. They have many mutual enemies and cooperating against groups like Isis make perfect sense.

Asad is not a very nice man by any stretch of the imagination, but he's not aiming to exterminate the Kurds in the same was as Turkey is.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

This has the potential to blow up into something far worse than the intended operation if that report is true.

Why?

The Kurds and Asad have historically had an undestanding. He's largely left them alone while other regional leaders have persecuted them for decades. They have many mutual enemies and cooperating against groups like Isis make perfect sense.

Asad is not a very nice man by any stretch of the imagination, but he's not aiming to exterminate the Kurds in the same was as Turkey is.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I mentioned multiple times about the issue of citizenship for ISIS members... It's my opinion that the international community failed heavily on this issue.

So how would you go about executing ISIS prisoners? What crimes will you convict them of? under what nation's laws? Fair trails with evidence?

Or are you just talking war crimes and the likes?

The turks almost half of them are kurds who side with Turkey attacking the Syrian ones.

So Kurdish Turks are attacking Syrian Kurds? I'm going to need a link for that one.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Oh look, the region is handling the problem without us.

Well its a problem that was started by America as a regime change by Hillary Clinton and Co.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Syria has avoided conflict with other nations in Syria. Their decision to bolster defences, support and counter-offence against the Turks is a huge escalation already.

I don't think Turkey cares about the supporting factions fighting on the ground but if they start to lose some serious assets this might blow out of proportion fast. Not that it already hasn't...

The ball is in Turkey's court.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChefFox

originally posted by: projectvxn
Oh look, the region is handling the problem without us.

Well its a problem that was started by America as a regime change by Hillary Clinton and Co.

Ummm......

You should probably look into the history of the region.

These ppl were hating, and murdering each other before Columbus arrived in the "new world".

Did the US (Obama) arm them, and by extension, use them? Yes.

Did the US create the animosity between Turkey, and the Kurds? That would be No.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I was so hoping that coup a few years ago would work. Erdogan is a nightmare.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 04:53 AM
link   
NEW Stance:

The Turkish being attack by official Syrian forces might (and should, according to the rules) trigger a "alliance case", meaning that the NATO's forces have to help Turkey fighting Syria's official forces.

No war?
Nope.
Lots of war.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

That's actually false. In order to trigger help from NATO Turkey would have had to not had aggressive actions. They did. Turkey can't trigger anything.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join