It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kurds make deal with Assad for protection from Turkey

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: tanstaafl

fox news

Fresh airstrikes from Turkey reportedly targeted civilians and a group of foreign reporters in the Syrian border town of Ras al-Ayn, according to monitoring groups and Syrian Kurdish officials.

May have been a misreport but in such a crazy situation its to be expected.

Yes, and I would always be suspect of any report that claims they 'targeted civilians'... the only people who do that are mad men - and jihadists.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
a reply to: yuppa

I mentioned multiple times about the issue of citizenship for ISIS members... It's my opinion that the international community failed heavily on this issue.

So how would you go about executing ISIS prisoners? What crimes will you convict them of? under what nation's laws? Fair trails with evidence?

Or are you just talking war crimes and the likes?

The turks almost half of them are kurds who side with Turkey attacking the Syrian ones.

So Kurdish Turks are attacking Syrian Kurds? I'm going to need a link for that one.

Terrorist under geneva conventions were classified as illegal combatants and as such can be summarily executed with no trial.
www.quora.com...

Yes apparently kurds are involved so its not a ethnic cleansing just a war.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2
"This is great news, and is precisely what Col MacGregor said would happen on Tucker Carlson."

I saw that interview too. I thought it made complete sense at the time, and so far, has played out exactly as he said.

Yeah - I was thinking at the time that Trump should get this guy on his NSC team.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The Kurds are the heroes of the war against ISIS. They should get rewarded, but as Bush deserted them during the first Gulf war, they have been deserted again by the US.

The Kurds hopefully, in the end, will get a great degree of self-governing when its all over.

Basically, they saved themselves from the scrouge of ISIS and were the most vital force in defeating them.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Yes the Kurds deserve a Homeland to call their own. You have to get Iran, Iraq, Syria and Turkey to agree to that. Good luck with that. Kurds got shafted after WW2.

I'm not willing to shed my Draft Age Sons blood to do that. How many Americans should die founding a Kurdish State?

It's best to get out of the way and let the peoples of the region settle it. It's not a great solution, but it's one where we don't lose more of our blood and treasure.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

well at least some of the reports I have read say the Turks are using jihadis as assault troops, so wouldn't be a stretch to say they called it in as a Kurdish column and ends up being a lie.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The reason Erdogan did this is for his own political salvation. The Turkish people on the most part hate Kurds, and anything against them will be heralded in Turkey. Lately, his political party has been getting walloped. So this is in line with him trying to gain back support.

And he is threatening the EU that he will unleash millions of brown-skinned Arabs on European lands, as what happened earlier.

People don’t understand that the Syrian war was a plot to destroy Syria, and the EU was in on it, and their job was to accept the massive Syrian refugees that would be unleashed through this horrible war. That’s why Merkel was so willing to accept the immigrants fleeing Syria. The deal was the US did the dirty work of helping to create ISIS and the other anti-Syrian Al Qaeda based militias while the EU powers had only to accept the refugees. The plot was working fine until Putin sent the Russian army in to squelch the plot. And that he did and the plot to destroy Syria was upended.

The AL Queda US-backed militias were defeated, and ISIS eventually as well. One can thank Putin for that.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

This was the plan all along: to force the Kurds to reconcile with the Syrian government.

Watch now as the Turkish military suddenly turns chicken and flees back to Turkish territory.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell
All the more reason to not have our Troops there, IMO. Merkel can do the "peace-keeping".

It's a tragedy what we did to Syria and Libya.

Just think what would have happened in Egypt of they were successful.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
A lot breaking in Syria today and more to come in the next few days. Looks like Syrian and maybe even Russian forces will move into the previously held Kurdish territory to protect the Kurds. Very fluid situation. It could turn into peace or WWIII.

Why would the Russians protect the Kurds? They're allies with Turkey. I'm so glad we're out of it. Let's see how Syria (and Russia and Iran) deal with this.

A) The Kurds have no options for survival except to ask Assad and the Russians.
B) Assad and the Russians want the TERRITORY, not so much the Kurds.
C) The Russians will let Turkey kill as many Kurds as possible before rolling in to retake the territory. Win-Win.

Big win for Russia who finally owns a chunk of real-estate in the middle east.

Meanwhile ISIS reclaims several dozen of their leaders.

As American troops were redeployed, two American officials said the United States had failed to transfer five dozen “high value” Islamic State detainees out of the country.

Turkish-backed forces advanced so quickly that they seized a key road, complicating the American withdrawal, officials said.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Obama had a hard on for Syria and was stopped in his tracks when Russia started to have Syria's back.

If it were not for Russia Assad would probably be gone.

Turkey are a bunch of animals who dont follow Geneva convention laws .

It would be fun to watch turkey take a beating.

Trump sanctions on Turkey kick in any minute. Their economy is done

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Extorris

C) The Russians will let Turkey kill as many Kurds as possible before rolling in to retake the territory. Win-Win.

Except the syrians did a deal with the kurds and there have already been reports of syrian losses as they move north to assist the kurds.
THAT is something which will force Russia to make at least diplomatic moves to reign in their new dog.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

The Syrian war was a NATO, Israel, Gulf State plot to start a genocide of the Shia's in Syria. Then the west would come in and stop it and meanwhile give the country to its allies.

Putin stopped it

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: pavil

The Syrian war was a NATO, Israel, Gulf State plot to start a genocide of the Shia's in Syria. Then the west would come in and stop it and meanwhile give the country to its allies.

Putin stopped it

This has been in the works for a long time and Syria with the help of Russia held their ground.

First it was Egypt and that Mubarak guy?
Then it was Iraq and Hussein
Then Afghanistan and Obama/Osama
Then Libya and Gaddafi.

Next was supposed to be Syria and assad.

That's 4 dictators and countries in 10 years or so.

The chemical weapons on kids was supposed to be the green light , but still couldn't find a legit excuse to go after Assad.

And it all goes back to the Muslim brotherhood and Obama and Clinton.

The brotherhood is banned in Syria

Obama and Clinton handed over Egypt to the brotherhood only to have the Egyptians ban the brotherhood from Egypt as well.
The Egyptians were like wtf is Obama doing handing over our Gov to a terrorist group like the brotherhood.

Something very sketchy with the closeness of Clintons and the brotherhood,

Now with no where to go the brotherhood was given Libya which has been a terrorist hot bed since Obama took out gadaffi and just left with no exit strategy.
It was a hit and run and left the country in anarchy.

And Clinton laughs about the illegal lynching. we came, he saw, he died.

Trump is like an angel compared to Obama and Clinton

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Except the syrians did a deal with the kurds and there have already been reports of syrian losses as they move north to assist the kurds.
THAT is something which will force Russia to make at least diplomatic moves to reign in their new dog.

Haven't heard of Syrian losses.

Have heard that Putin is close to Erdogan and that the Turkey offensive is very clearly coodinated as to not engage Assad and Russian forces.

The End Game is clearly getting rid of the Americans so Russia/Assad can claim all territory without ever having to fight or even negotiate for it. Once again Trump does precisely what Russia wants, selling out allies for slaughter to boot.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   

mea culpa... maybe memory loss from a baby, but I could have sworn I saw a report on it but cant find it now... chalk it up to old age and babies not sleeping.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

The Turks are not letting anything get in their way.

There is this link about losses a few posts up.

Assad regime: "We lost 16 fighters and a tank at Manbij. The Turkish attack is very violent."

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I just heard on the radio that the U.S. is going to punish Turkey with crippling sanctions, and leave our 1,100 troops in the general area.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I just heard on the radio that the U.S. is going to punish Turkey with crippling sanctions, and leave our 1,100 troops in the general area.

Art of the deal ?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join