It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One way special relationship? The disgusting behaviour of the US government!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 06:19 AM
link   
OK, this is my first thread and I just have to get this off my chest! Anne Sacoolas is the wife of a US diplomat who was based in the UK. She killed a 19 year old Harry Dunn after driving on the opposite side of the road smashing into his bike and rendering him dead. All completely her fault! She was interviewed by UK police and PROMISED not to leave the country during the investigation.

Guess what? Just like the filthy coward that she is, she absconded back to the US after promising that she wouldn't and is now hiding behind diplomatic immunity. Trump has said that she will not be returned and is basically tossing the situation away and claiming "it happens"!

Now, let is say the same thing occurred on US soil involving the family of a British diplomat. The US would scream holy # if the said person came back to the UK and never returned, diplomatic immunity or not! This is rank hypocrisy, and a brilliant example of how the US thinks its above laws in other countries, but expect their laws to be followed complicity.

The US government and its cronies disgust me and just looking at their flag makes me want to deficate unprofusely. The 25% of American blood coursing through my veins curdle at the thought of originating in such an entitled, hypocrisy ridden land. My grandfather would be ashamed that the once great US has become a self absorbed self important land of idiots!

"We do as we like, and we like what we do" should be the new American mantra.

Rant over!

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 10-10-2019 by NotSoBigG because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 06:42 AM
link   
If it is outside the capability of the criminal code to resolve, America does have a strong civil code to get some of the lose ends, got OJ Simpson.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: NotSoBigG

This would be the same situation if it went the other way. Diplomatic immunity goes both ways.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Rules are for thee, but not for me.

She should of never been allowed to leave the country. The UK should expel her husband.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

This would be the same situation if it went the other way. Diplomatic immunity goes both ways.

And it does go the other way too

The government of Saudi Arabia has repeatedly helped Saudi citizens evade prosecutors and the police in the United States and flee back to their homeland after being accused of serious crimes here, current and former U.S. officials said.

Link

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Why let her leave?
She is an obvious flight risk.

The UK gov't knows the rules and knows that she wouldn't come back.
Why let her leave? This kids family deserves closure and the lady deserves justice

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o

Why let her leave?

Why let her leave? This kids family deserves closure and the lady deserves justice

If she had to pay for her crimes, they would have to themselfs... So better to let her get away... Our system are made to reward those with no conscience.
Divide and counger, we are to busy fighting each other on all levels, left/right, north south, black/white, you name it.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   
as shown this has happened in the USA, more than once.

Yes the USA gets pissed, but that is about allt hey can do.

If the USA gets rid of the UN, it would stop a great deal of this on US soil

Be careful what you wish for, you may get your hit and run driver then need to go on ship to get to the UN.

Just saying, there is no law that says the USA has to host the UN.

Why is the un ONLY in the USA, why not Russia or China??

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   

I'm not especially impressed with how this has been and is being handled... but having said that, what exactly do you think she's guilty of? And how do you think this should have played out? How do you think it would have played out if she hadn't fled?

Do you think she committed first degree murder? In other words, do you think this was a deliberate and pre-meditated crime? Second degree? Reckless manslaughter? Negligent manslaughter? Do you think she was drunk or otherwise under the influence of mind altering substances? What is the crime that she committed?

From everything I've seen, it was an accident. A tragic and horrible accident, and I can't imagine the pain of the parents. But neither do I want anyone thrown in jail for an accident. Do you? What purpose would that serve?

Wouldn't it be more practical and just if she were appropriately fined? And a settlement to the family for the wrongful death she caused?

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Very well thought out. Very well.

But -

As it happened on British Soil it should be the British who decide all your questions.
That is appropriate.

However i agree now that shes home - Tuff titties to late as it was an accident and they didn't hold her initially.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Tuff titties to late as it was an accident and they didn't hold her initially.

Say that to the parents and family of the person she killed...

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

As it happened on British Soil it should be the British who decide all your questions. That is appropriate.

I agree. The woman should have stayed in England and faced the appropriate consequences in accordance with the laws of England. I find it shameful that U.S. authorities in England facilitated her flight from justice. And that is definitely something English authorities need to address to U.S. authorities. Which is above and beyond the original incident. (This is assuming, of course, that the U.S. did in fact act arbitrarily, and that English authorities did not cooperate with U.S. authorities in doing so -- for whatever unknown reasons).

However, there is no virtue in acting as if the woman was a first-degree serial murderer who escaped capture. The actual "crime" -- if any -- needs to be kept in perspective. I have yet to hear what actual crime was committed. Condemning a woman to hell for an accident is no better than giving her a free pass for her genuine wrongdoing.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o

Why let her leave?

Diplomatic immunity, they have no choice.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   

We can return the favour to The U.S. by not allowing the extradition of Julian Assange.

Quid Pro Quo.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Echo007

really? take a look at the last 500 years...England has done more evil than damn near anyone on the planet

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

really? take a look at the last 500 years...England has done more evil than damn near anyone on the planet

Like to give a few examples and not just make a blanket observation?

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

why go back that far, just look to the 1950-1970 that 20 years is enough.

glass houses and all.

not saying the USA is better.

We have to put up with this Crap daily from all over the world becuase of the UN.

we will give up this lady if you take the UN as well 😊😊😊

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Like to give a few examples and not just make a blanket observation?

The entire ME problem due to horribly drawn borders creating conflict.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   

deficate unprofusely

You freakin' won the internet with that one.

All kidding aside? Who cares?

It does happen all the time and if our President has a reason for letting her hide out here? He knows more about what's going on than I do so I trust he's got his reasons. He'll use it for the good of the USA one way or another.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

India?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join