It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War: Can China take Russia with 200 million men?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
China to attack Russia? That would be suicidal unless China has a credible to help them and to the best of my knowledge there's only Pakistan. Any other ally that could possibly help China in times of War?

cHEERS.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
From my understanding: China actually has more to gain from being allies with Russia then it does from being their enemy. Although, Siberia would be a worthwhile ‘gain’ the amount of lives they would loose, as well as money it would cost, a long time trading partner, someone who has shared technology, etc.

Why would they go to war? At this moment, they need Russia for their Navy and Air Force. Maybe once the Dragon has surpassed the Bears Navy, we might see a confrontation - but till that day, they need each other. With them allied together, the way it is - it also deters other Nations from bothering them to much.

Yup, it's not possible for China to attack russia.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmusicmr

Originally posted by Odium
From my understanding: China actually has more to gain from being allies with Russia then it does from being their enemy. Although, Siberia would be a worthwhile ‘gain’ the amount of lives they would loose, as well as money it would cost, a long time trading partner, someone who has shared technology, etc.

Why would they go to war? At this moment, they need Russia for their Navy and Air Force. Maybe once the Dragon has surpassed the Bears Navy, we might see a confrontation - but till that day, they need each other. With them allied together, the way it is - it also deters other Nations from bothering them to much.

Yup, it's not possible for China to attack russia.

Thats what I instantly thought reading the title of this thread. They are part of a military alliance. SCO.
it would be like the United States attacking France. just wouldn't happen because of NATO
China attacking the US, not out of the question, especially if they got allied with the Russians and a couple other countries. I think they are strategizing as I type this.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
If China did try to invade Russia in mass in sure Russia would use nukes to stop them first.Then turn China proper to glass,imo.History shows the Russians dont treat invaders well...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
First of all it wouldn't happen, not anytime soon anyway.

But if we're going to play fantasy land, and say this would happen, putting nukes aside, I'd go with Russia. First of all, Chinas military is about the same as the US (combining active and reserves), it's about 3 million,Russia stands at roughly 2 million. A million is a big difference, but Russia has much bigger land army (tanks,apc, etc).

China having a ton of people to force into the military doesn't mean as much when you can't transport them, when you can't feed them, when they aren't even trained. It would be a great defense, not offense. However, they could easily make them work to build weapons, ammo, etc.

Let's take a look at statistics, not sure how accurate these are. Russia is ranked #2 in military strength, China #3

Russia
www.globalfirepower.com...

China
www.globalfirepower.com...

A war between the two would not be only between the two, it would turn into a world war without a doubt. But if you do factor in the use of nukes, neither side wins, they both screw themselves. Which is exactly why it won't happen.
edit on 29-9-2011 by Whamster because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by andersonr

at last cofirmed estimates they have something like 200-400 short to long range missles and a few ssbn's (roughly comparable to israel) as well as gravity bombs but the chinese like to be vauge with disclosing such matters and interestingly enough they are the only nuclear armed country that has explicity stated that they will not use there nukes in a first strike only in defense etc as opposed to the standard we will nuke you before you can nuke us strategy employed by the rest of the club

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
It looks like to me, people are underestimating China, they've been modernizing and improving their army for what? 6-8 years? (Just a guess). Their military is nearly completely modernized and with in a good years or so, would be able to do some REAL damage to the world. I personally think they could take the Russians. It would be close, but it would be a bloody war with China prevailing.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
1 nuke on any of ANY countries 3 top cities, that country will CEASE to function. Their economy will be trashed, their money worthless, their soldiers not fighing for FREE, worried about families back home starving, etc. There will NEVER be an invasion of a nuke power. Isreal only has 20 nukes, in the middle of SCREWBALL enemies, and they don't DARE invade her.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I think china could not succeed in destroying russia or defeating it. I am saying this because i know a lot about what russia could do, however i pretty much have no idea how powerful china's army is?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
whoever struck first, with hand-placed backpack nukes and submarine launched missles, will destroy the other for sure. However, the one attacked might well be able to counterattack heavily enough to ruin the attacker.

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join