It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War: Can China take Russia with 200 million men?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1
LMAO, see chinawhite, you're very easy to see through. Why don'y you quit while you're only a little behind, you know before you pass that point of no return.

While your continuing this fanstasy about your life in china. I called your bluff. Simple as that. You cant show me because you have nothing to show

OK enough. This conversation is a waste of time.

And you still presist

Reminds me of the angry dog that thinks they were smart by not eating the food. Come back in the morning the food is all gone. Courtesy of a finnish fellow

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 04:02 AM
link   
"Can Rogue1 and Chinawhite take each other with 200 million more replies?"

lol, I don't mind constructive discussions, but I really think you guys' discussions are terribly off topic.

[edit on 29-6-2006 by warset]

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 04:51 AM
link   
The funny thing is, Rouge1 keeps on saying i post BS but never says what

Keep on saying rogue1, you might start to believe it

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

LMAO, see chinawhite, you're very easy to see through. Why don'y you quit while you're only a little behind, you know before you pass that point of no return.

While your continuing this fanstasy about your life in china. I called your bluff. Simple as that. You cant show me because you have nothing to show

LOL right. Why don't you give me your adress to show me that you don't live in a slum, you know so I can come down and check
You are a child - only a child would find logic in your argument. Now hush now and let the adults speak.

Reminds me of the angry dog that thinks they were smart by not eating the food. Come back in the morning the food is all gone. Courtesy of a finnish fellow

Erm pot and kettle

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   

5 star is a universal rating used around the world, obviously you don't hvae any experience with it.

ILl quote you
""Hell this senior executinves apartment block is a 5 star hotel in all but name""

That would imply that it doesn't have a rating and your making them up as you go

Okay, this is off-topic, and I don't much go either way with these two, but, Chinawhite, for someone who has previously declared they speak English as a 1st language, yours is terrible. Don't use idioms you don't understand.

The star-rating was invented by the Michelin Guide in France. It is now universally-recognised worldwide to rate the amenities of hotels.

And the idiom "in all but name" means that something fits the criteria exactly but hasn't been categorised according to the criteria.

Therefore, R1 is saying that if a Michelin Guide (or Lonely Planet et al) reviewer reviewed the apartment block they would award it a 5-star luxury rating.

The opposite idiom is "in name only" and this is the one we can use for communist nations. All communist nations have been communist "in name only" since the death of Lenin and the utter betrayal of the revolution by Stalin.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Why don't you give me your adress to show me that you don't live in a slum, you know so I can come down and check

Sure, whats the problem with that. When your back in australia give me a U2U

I have nothing to hide

Now hush now and let the adults speak.

Why do you try to hide your true self?. Your a child to

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV
Therefore, R1 is saying that if a Michelin Guide (or Lonely Planet et al) reviewer reviewed the apartment block they would award it a 5-star luxury rating.

I know what he meant, But where is his expertise to review a hotel. I was mocking his standard of luxury.

And the idiom "in all but name" means that something fits the criteria exactly but hasn't been categorised according to the criteria.

........... I'm familar with expressions

[edit on 29-6-2006 by chinawhite]

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
if russia keeps it's nuclear arsenal, along with it's tanks, it can easily whoop china's a** in a defensive war. even with 200million man army of china, there's is no damn way to support an army in siberia, or even in Western russia. even if China captures Moscow, there's no damn way the russian army and people would bow down and say "COME ON IN CHINA! WELCOME!" look at Napoleon, he captureds Moscow, hell they burned Moscow Down on him! so no worries, achinese invasion fo russia would be the most foolish act ever, and it would lead to a WWIII in the end, who knows, maybe Earth would be blown up by such a warQ!

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
dang i didn't know this thread spread this long, you peopole go way off topic and i didn't even know!

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Im just doing this to get it back into myATS b/c it got
deleted.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 03:12 AM
link   
hi everyone

First of all, china can not possibly have 200 million men in an armed force, even with conscription, simply due to the fact that as one of the most intelligent races on this planet, they will not force young or old men into the army. Second of all, we have the decision on whether it is a conventional or non conventional warfare. Nukes, that the end of the world. But if we discuss small arms and conventional battle fields, then perhaps we have much more to elaborate upon.

China, from recent sources, are mass producing type 99 tanks. They are know as standing on the same par as Abrams and Challengers. Their general assault personels have the type 95 assault rifle which has better penetration power than the NATO rounds used by Russia. With an advanced system of communications and modern technology, China should, with its standing military of 2.2 million, be able to defeat an unprepared Russia. Tough chance? Not so.

China will most likely charge its thousands of tanks into the home ground of Russia. The older models can act as cannon fodders for the newer "Beasts of the East"s. Special Ops will take out all Russian communications and defense capabilities. Thats when the PLA airforce will strike, with conventional bombs, all cities and military bases of Russia. Then the nuclear submarines will most certainly propell north to take out Russia's navy. When all is at stake for Russia, thats when they must employ their ground forces. And thats where China takes advantage. The PLA has many more personel than Russia and plus with a new array of advanced weaponry, they will eradicate the resistant fighters of Russia.

Anh why is all this possible? Because China is the one attacking and therefore since they started it, they can play the game their way.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by eronyn
hi everyone

First of all, china can not possibly have 200 million men in an armed force, even with conscription, simply due to the fact that as one of the most intelligent races on this planet, they will not force young or old men into the army. Second of all, we have the decision on whether it is a conventional or non conventional warfare. Nukes, that the end of the world. But if we discuss small arms and conventional battle fields, then perhaps we have much more to elaborate upon.

China, from recent sources, are mass producing type 99 tanks. They are know as standing on the same par as Abrams and Challengers. Their general assault personels have the type 95 assault rifle which has better penetration power than the NATO rounds used by Russia. With an advanced system of communications and modern technology, China should, with its standing military of 2.2 million, be able to defeat an unprepared Russia. Tough chance? Not so.

China will most likely charge its thousands of tanks into the home ground of Russia. The older models can act as cannon fodders for the newer "Beasts of the East"s. Special Ops will take out all Russian communications and defense capabilities. Thats when the PLA airforce will strike, with conventional bombs, all cities and military bases of Russia. Then the nuclear submarines will most certainly propell north to take out Russia's navy. When all is at stake for Russia, thats when they must employ their ground forces. And thats where China takes advantage. The PLA has many more personel than Russia and plus with a new array of advanced weaponry, they will eradicate the resistant fighters of Russia.

Anh why is all this possible? Because China is the one attacking and therefore since they started it, they can play the game their way.

I feel that China may surprise people with their military capabilities. If Russia was not expecting an attack, I believe the Chinese could take Siberia, for example. if they did, the US and its allies may just sit back if Russia and China were fighting, or help Russia if they were losing by sending bombs, technology, troops in. I don't think the Chinese would ever attack Siberia unless their provided natural resources were blocked, and they desperately needed them. I think it is nuts that Russia is providing China anything military wise. I mean I know they both don't like the US, but do they actually think they could trust EACH OTHER.

[edit on 6-7-2006 by RetinoidReceptor]

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
hey look just because you gain the upper hand in the swift attack you make doesn't mean you'll win the war in the cold siberian peninsula. i mean look what happened to the Germans in WWII, they destroyed like 3/4 of the Soviet Aircraft in the begining, caught many of thier troops in surprise covered massive ammounts of land, took massive ammounts of POW's, yet they still couldn't win the war, why? because the russians someway or another started pumping out Aircraft and tanks and troops outta nowhere, whilst the German attackers could barely get any fresh fuel and tanks because supply lines were stretched, the russian winters and cold weather drastically limited supplys anyway, and in the end they couldn't support the attack. now that was a swift and surprise attack, but now the russians are massively prepared to counter any attepemt made by any country any the world on there homeland. Russia to the military is spread into diferent districts, each district is defended by a considerable force of Airforce, Infantry, armed forces, and possible Navy if it's on the sea. radars and coverage of the whole of russia is on all the time, so there is no way a country can invade russia wiht surprises and swiftness now, no, not anymore, not like what the germans did. plus supporting 3 million men when the supply lines are only 500mil-750miles long is okay, but think about when the supply lines stretch all the way to the middle of siberia, or into the Urals, or a little bit before that, when they stretch to a 1000mils or 1500miles, how the hell are you gonna support 3million men, at least 10k tanks, along with aircraft, wen the supply lines stretch so far away. so there litterally is no way to catch the russians by surprise or beat them unless your willing to sacrifice 100million or so men in a war that you wouldn't get that much in return for. no way to do it period!

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
China can defeat Russia. Reasons:
1) Both countries use Russian equipment, which is junk, however, China also uses the J-10 fighter
2) China has 630 million people available for military service - 7 times more than Russia
3) China has more nukes than Russia

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Sure, whats the problem with that. When your back in australia give me a U2U

I have nothing to hide
lol so he can't check nice try but guess it didn't fool me or anyone else for that matter. that must prove you're lying

Why do you try to hide your true self?. Your a child to
Any proof whatsoever other than specualtion.

but CHinawhite and Rogue elts adress the issue instead of having a go at each other and with all thse insults,we aren't getting anywhere you know.

[edit on 20-7-2006 by urmomma158]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   
This whole thread is a baiting...

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by urmomma158
lol so he can't check nice try but guess it didn't fool me or anyone else for that matter. that must prove you're lying

His in china for presumerly aholiday or something else which would mean he doesn't stay for ages

Jetstar in australia offers trips for $29 australian one way. I dont see a problem with that

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 03:53 AM
link   
This has got to be the most out of control thread I've read so far. Very entertaining though. I loved the part about Tom Cruise and I love Chinese food.

If China attacks Russia it does not matter who wins. The world as we know it will be gone. The only winners will be the wise countries who stay out of it. God help the citizens of both countries if this ever happens! If any country could put 200 million infantry in theatre no nation could defend against that on there own soil without destroying themselves.

An atomic weapon mounted on any missile is a taste of hell. What does it matter how old or new the device carrying it is. Dead is dead. I hope none of you ever achieve a position of authority that allows you to make these decisions. I’d like to live a few more decades.

An annual deficit of 2.5% of the GDP will not destroy the US economy. Most households carry more debt than that. If we survived Carter, Bush is a cake walk. We lazy Americans are the most productive workers on this planet. Working smarter instead of harder is not a handicap. Young people have always been lazy radicals and yet we just get better generation after generation. Freedom does that. A free press guarantees that. I think a couple of those radicals pretending to be mature adults are responsible for more than a few of the posts on this thread. Your opinions will change as you mature.

The US and Australia both have great medical services and I thought we were friends. For shame! You should stand in the corner and think about what you have said.

Huge numbers of people risk imprisonment and even death to sneak into the US. How many are trying to sneak into China? Yes its terrible how employers take advantage of illegal’s but they are not representative of the average American. Most of our ancestors were immigrants. We don’t hate them we cherish them. We just ask that they do it legally to filter out the criminals and to help stop the drug traffic.

Lots of topics in this thread and these were just a few of my thoughts as I read through the posts. The only way to win a war is to not have one. I suppose it is inevitable though if this thread is any indication of our ability to get along peacefully. Looks like we all loose even though we could all so easily win by becoming friends. It would seem our future is in the hands of adolescents.

I would think a responsible moderator would close this thread.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Huge numbers of people risk imprisonment and even death to sneak into the US. How many are trying to sneak into China?

Actually, there is quite a large number of North Koreans who risk life and limb to sneak into China. The Chinese authorities are afraid of sanctions against North Korea because it would cause millions of NK refugees to pour into China.

Heh... Just thought u might want to know.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by k4rupt

Huge numbers of people risk imprisonment and even death to sneak into the US. How many are trying to sneak into China?

Actually, there is quite a large number of North Koreans who risk life and limb to sneak into China. The Chinese authorities are afraid of sanctions against North Korea because it would cause millions of NK refugees to pour into China.

Heh... Just thought u might want to know.

I know that some falun gong members sneak into America, how many Americans sneak into China?

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join