It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War: Can China take Russia with 200 million men?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by k4rupt

Originally posted by rogue1

On the page before this one. I don't consider the Chinese one of the mst " intelligent races " on the planet. All races races have their dummies and geniuses, there isn't a race which could be called genetically smarter as this person implies. Also the Chinese aren't a " race " they are composed of many different ethnic groups.

I read somewhere about the comparison of the average IQ of nations around the world. Places such as Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Mainland China have one of the highest avg IQs.

As I have said before, Chinese are not one race, they are made up of many ethnic groups. I'd like to see this comparison of yours and how many people they actually tested and using what form of IQ test.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1
Chinese are not one race, they are made up of many ethnic groups.

But 90% of them are Han chinese which is a race and dominates the chinese mainland

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Well, according to the "IQ and Wealth of Nations" book, the region with the highest IQ is HONG KONG (which is 95% HAN Chinese) and the fourth highest is TAIWAN (Which is 98.5% HAN Chinese). In THIRTEENTH place comes mainland China (Which is 91% HAN Chinese).

So as you can see, Han Chinese have one of the highest average IQs of the world.

www.amazon.com...&n=283155

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Well, according to the "IQ and Wealth of Nations" book, the region with the highest IQ is HONG KONG (which is 95% HAN Chinese) and the fourth highest is TAIWAN (Which is 98.5% HAN Chinese). In THIRTEENTH place comes mainland China (Which is 91% HAN Chinese).

So as you can see, Han Chinese have one of the highest average IQs of the world.

www.amazon.com...&n=283155

LOL right so they tested the whole populations ? Otherwise claiming something such as this is inaccurate and more guesswork than fact. Your link doesn't work either.
I'm assuming that you're Chinese, so are you by proxy attemting to claim you're intelligent ?

[edit on 2-8-2006 by rogue1]

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 02:24 AM
link   

How did they measure this?

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   

LOL right so they tested the whole populations ? Otherwise claiming something such as this is inaccurate and more guesswork than fact. Your link doesn't work either.
I'm assuming that you're Chinese, so are you by proxy attemting to claim you're intelligent ?

[edit on 2-8-2006 by rogue1]

Why the hell are you jumping to assumptions?

You think I wrote the damn book? I'm just showing you what that book STATES... OF COURSE it hasn't tested the whole population, but it's a sample, and YOU don't have ANYTHING better.

Until you post something that suggests otherwise, I highly suggest you don't attack me and what I have presented.

And heres the link to the book: www.amazon.com...=8-1/qid=1154735646/ref=sr_1_1/104-1468119-7227126?ie=UTF8

[edit on 4-8-2006 by k4rupt]

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
those are chinese people too, but they look almost more like afganistan people than chinese people.
cimg.163.com...
www.tibetwindow.cn...
www.ccnt.com.cn...

the people in western portion of china are mostly muslems, and they are not HAN people

the chinese people we speak of usually refering to Han people only. the word "汉语" or chinese language, actually means the language of Han.

A lot of Japanese people are also Han people, though they don't call themselves that way; they refer themselves as the Yamatos (the japanese race), but they still use "Kanji" or the character of Han as their language.

I think k4rupt was trying to show that the places with more % of Han people result in high IQ rankings, but I suppose IQ results dosen't have any direct relationship to a country's power.

PS. I always thought that Israel people are the smartest

[edit on 4-8-2006 by warset]

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Yeah, umm no. Those billion Chinese would be reduced to 50 million in about 18 minutes of hitting Russian soil. Not only could you expect Russia to hit China, but NATO would unleash on them as well. It would not be a war, it would be the end of China. Would be fun to watch on CNN though. As for IQ...Japan must have gotten smarter in the last 50 years...Seems they made some pretty dumb mistakes not that long ago...Like WWII
Han or whatever, they got their butts handed to them in less time that we have been in Iraq.

[edit on 16-10-2007 by TXMACHINEGUNDLR]

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
How things have changed so much. In 1987, the USSR laughed in the face of a hostile China. In 2007, China is saying behind Russia's back "Who's laughing now?"

I want to echo what someone said earlier and it is that both China and Russia have more to gain by being allies than enemies. In the Cold War, the Soviets could easy wipe out the Chinese with one hand behind their back, but the two countries are more even militarily. Russia has a slightly better military, but China has the advantage of a more solid institution. Russia still deals with corruption and low morale.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXMACHINEGUNDLR
Seems they made some pretty dumb mistakes not that long ago...Like WWII

The Japanese were one radio message away from making WWII last a lot longer. The 1million+ Japanese soldiers tried down in china didn't help them either

BTW: China has Nuclear missiles and the delivery systems to launch them as well

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Why would China want to attack Russia. They are better off either partnering with them or even better, staying neutral.

But if they di and nukes were not on the table, China could just by foprcing their population to fight.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
This talk about a Chinese 200 million man army and that it isn't possible logistically for China to field such a large number... what you all are forgetting is that part of the Book of Revelation that pertains specifically to the four demonic beings bound at the Euphrates River -- they are released at the appointed time to go out and gather the armies and kings together in the Middle East for Armageddon. A Chinese 200 million man army completely influenced and controlled by these demonic beings will be possible because spiritual or extra-dimentional influences always trump mere physical ones only.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
that would be the guaranteed mutual destruction.neither side would be that stupid to do so.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Right now, China IMO wouldn't win, Russia's AirForce and Tank Forces, and Nukes are too much for China to handle.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by Lambo Rider]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I always thought that China might possibly attack Russia. I think that Russia could survive because think about it, if they could battle Hitler and they live extremely hard lives, I think and hope that Russia could win.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
China never has to get themselves involved in a war, unless it is truly in self defense.

They could cripple any nation of earth without so much as lighting a firecracker,
simply by calling their notes due.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
well i wouldnt worry bout that cause chinas 200 mill and russias mightiest would love to take on our allied force, and that would be ugly , if no nukes were used i see a 5 to 7 year war with millions of fatalities, and im afraid of who would side with them IE...france, mexico, the whole eastewrn block(germany) i meen we and the allies are well suposedlybad ass but i think the whole world would love to shut up the USA and UK

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
As a Russian working in Malaysia, I hope you understand that I will always say, believe and hope that Russia will win every conflict that it goes into. As for this Russia vs China scenario, I'd say that in a non-nuclear war China would be able to atleast extend themselves over a lot of Siberia, but the Urals is the limit. Rommel once said of the desert as "a tactician's paradise, a quartermasters nightmare". Rokossovsky said of siberia "a quartermasters nightmare, a tactician's nightmare".

And there is no way that such a conflict could take place without nuclear weapons. The psychological effect if having such power cannot be under estimated. And Russia has a lot more nukes than China.

Прогрессивные солдаты святой матери Россия.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

Russia has the second Largest Stockpiles of Nerve Agents in the World . How Good are 200 Million Chinese HazMat Suits ? .Ahem....

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ayakhin
As a Russian working in Malaysia, I hope you understand that I will always say, believe and hope that Russia will win every conflict that it goes into. As for this Russia vs China scenario, I'd say that in a non-nuclear war China would be able to atleast extend themselves over a lot of Siberia, but the Urals is the limit. Rommel once said of the desert as "a tactician's paradise, a quartermasters nightmare". Rokossovsky said of siberia "a quartermasters nightmare, a tactician's nightmare".

And there is no way that such a conflict could take place without nuclear weapons. The psychological effect if having such power cannot be under estimated. And Russia has a lot more nukes than China.

Прогрессивные солдаты святой матери Россия.

Agree. The russians would use nuclear weapons to defend their territory. I cant see a scenario where it doesn't escalate that way.

Nobody has yet occupied or regime changed a nuclear power. Which is why insecure states are still trying to get into the nuclear club.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join