It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American Civil War of 2005 as predicted by John Titor

page: 122
<< 119  120  121    123  124  125 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Hello Roth Joint. I have read a lot of your old posts and I agree at many points. Since you have studied more thoroughly Titor’s story, what do you think about peak oil theory as an explanation of the generator of the crisis described by Titor? Could it be the “grand scheme of things” to come?

Also a question for all American friends. Isn’t there already a division between city and suburbs – rural land in the US? I mean from what I have read large parts of inner cities and some underdeveloped suburbs are practically ghettos, also inaccessibly with safety from outsiders, because of high crime rate and rule of gangs. Is it true or it is an exaggeration? Can you go freely and safely to every major part of your city? Also I have read that in those areas usually majority is foreign to your country like Mexicans, Haitians etc. Well in crisis situations people tend to identify and ally with their ethnic group, just check Yugoslavia in the last decade.

[edit on 18-7-2006 by Dorian_gr]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Even in cities in Canada, you can't go anywhere safe, some places in certains cities like Vancouver, you have great chance of being killed/rape/attacked by anyone. Some places, the cops don't even go, it's too dangerous.

So yes, there is a distinction between poor and ``middle-class`` ghetto vs city, that kind of thing. And it's in CANADA! Imagine in the USA! Also TJW, try to be open minded...

[edit on 18-7-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Also TJW, try to be open minded...

Thanks for the advice

A little advice for you...try not to believe every thing you hear and read. If someone comes up to you and tells you he's a time traveller, there's about an 100% chance he's pulling your chain.
Just a little fyi

Shadow:

No offense intended TJW, but I have read this entire thread as well as other Titor threads, and I have seen your posts. When it comes down to believing you or this author, then I'll go for this author

What in the world are you talking about????
The author had NOTHING to do with Titor!
Why in the world would you compare my posts about Titor to someone talking about the middle east!?!? That makes no sense at all.
If you want me to talk about the middle east I will, but in a thread dealing with the middle east, not in a Titor thread. lol

A wise person should watch for themself and not need to 'take someone elses word' for it.

That's exactly what I've been trying to tell the Titor crowd!

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird

A little advice for you...try not to believe every thing you hear and read

That's exactly what I've been trying to tell the Titor crowd!

Yeh that also includes people with big egos like thatsjustweird!

How come this stuff is still going on? I remember the orignal forum he was on, he came and admited it was a RP game him and his college mates created? How come no one mentioned this, this is bad for the ATS crowed. I can probally dig it up agiain if you all want me to. Its even under the same user name and it turned into a 80 page thread I think.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Roth Joint, glad to see you still around and posting. I see ThatsJustWeird and syrinx high priest are back to repeating their old gimmicks.

quote:Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
They have been in a near constant state of war for decades.

Besides the ME, .... Remember "The conflict will consume everyone in the US by 2012" and if nothing happen's yet there will be the % divergent worldline excuse right? If the Olympics gets called off for 2008 or my constitutional rights get violated more than they have already! ... then I would worry..... But still, there is the worldline thing, events really don't have to be the same as Titor's past in our worldline right?

quote: Originally posted by syrinx high priest
with the obvious exception of the fact that he was a hoax.

quote: Originally posted by trIckz_R_fO_kIdz
RP game him and his college mates created

syrinx high priest or trIckz_R_fO_kIdz, since you seem so sure Titor is a hoax, please give some facts then go collect your $$$ money at anomalies.net

Tell us when you win the money.

Until whenever....case still open....

[edit on 19-7-2006 by XPhiles]

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by XPhiles

syrinx high priest or trIckz_R_fO_kIdz, since you seem so sure Titor is a hoax, please give some facts then go collect your $$$ money at anomalies.net

Tell us when you win the money.

Until whenever....case still open....

Lets Original forum the Titor group posted on

This guy is going to be the next John Titor
link

Bad thing is, I think they dont have the archieve back to 2000 any more
so the thread the orignal Timetravel_0 isnt there anymore probally. let me do a quick user search.

........ loading

Loaded
yeh its gone, only hope is to post on the orignal forum and ask people what they remember. Sad isnt it. I was there for the orignal post, it was funny to find out he was doing it as a RP game and thought it was good so him and his buddys posted it up on the forum.... good ol days.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 01:34 AM
link   
UPDATE FOUND IT

I guess I should come clean. Yes I am TimeTravel_0. I was hoping to put this mystery to rest and stop all this madness you people have gone through to try to prove or disprove my existence. My real name is Samson Rodriguez. It all started as an elaborate hoax that me and my friends thought up. I am only in college and would like to apoligize to all of you who have defended me as a real person. My "time machine" was nothing more then a few junk items we found in a trash dump where we found all our supplies for the hoax. Again I apoligize for all the work you have put into this and thank you again.

Signing off one last time,
John Titor

link

BTW TimeTravel_1 is him when he was talking abotu how he died... He both posted alot with it during the same time period as TimeTravel_0 when he confessed , TimeTravel_1 is over looked during the John Titor event. Anyways it shows one post because it no longer has his orignals in the database.

read the entire thread here.

[edit on 19-7-2006 by trIckz_R_fO_kIdz]

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 01:35 AM
link   
The RPG game you speak of is called GURPS... here is some links to refresh your memory.

www.number.ch...

www.spearweasel.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">web.archive.org...://www.spearweasel.com/rpg/twheel/darkfutr.htm

there is no evidence or proof, only a point of view from some one.....

Yes he wasn't the only one claiming to be Titor lol...

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 01:46 AM
link   

The RPG game you speak of is called GURPS... here is some links to refresh your memory.

www.number.ch...

www.spearweasel.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">web.archive.org...://www.spearweasel.com/rpg/twheel/darkfutr.htm

there is no evidence or proof, only a point of view from some one.....

Yes he wasn't the only one claiming to be Titor lol...

Thats the one I am thinking of, but in that thread you see him come clean, seems no one just made the name for a jke since they only used it to do so. Thats where he was 80% of the time btw.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by trIckz_R_fO_kIdz
UPDATE FOUND IT

I guess I should come clean. Yes I am TimeTravel_0. I was hoping to put this mystery to rest and stop all this madness you people have gone through to try to prove or disprove my existence. My real name is Samson Rodriguez. It all started as an elaborate hoax that me and my friends thought up. I am only in college and would like to apoligize to all of you who have defended me as a real person. My "time machine" was nothing more then a few junk items we found in a trash dump where we found all our supplies for the hoax. Again I apoligize for all the work you have put into this and thank you again.

Signing off one last time,
John Titor

I don't think a corvette, mossberg 12 ga. or radiation detector is something you would find in a trash dump
Plus that dude was proven to be just another wanna be Titor. You can read it Here........////

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by trIckz_R_fO_kIdz
Yeh that also includes people with big egos like thatsjustweird!

What?

Saying Titor is a hoax is having a big ego?
I don't get it....

Go through this and all the Titor threads again....
After reading everything (and the many links provided in the Titor threads), if anyone still believes Titor is real, they are either:
1) craving for attention for some reason (like Roth)
2) not so...complete...upstairs - if you know what I mean
3) they have some sort of death fetish
or
4) they hate the government so much they're willing to believe any anti-government piece that spreads across the internet despite it being obviously false.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roth Joint
Your hurricane analogue is sweet, but not correct. The way this war in the Middle East is developing itself is exactly how Titor “predicted” it. Hizbollah is offensive and attacking Israel with missiles. Israel is defending itself against what they call terrorists. These are the facts.

lol
Titor said Israels neighbors would go on the offensive. That has NOT happened. ISRAEL has gone on the offensive against it's neighbor. Lebanon is it's neighbor. Hezbollah is a terrorists group, not a country

Amongst Israel’s neighbours are Lebanon and Syria. Hizbollah is in Lebanon attacking Israel. Therefore Hizbollah is one of Israel’s offensive neighbours. Perhaps that’s exactly why Titor emphasized the word “neighbours” instead of “neighbouring countries”……

You make no sense…… read my previous posts and stop ridiculing yourself. Every Western politician calls Israel’s so called “offensive” an act of self-defense.

This does not negate the fact the Israel is on the offensive. They are the ones who sent ground troops into their neighbors territory persuing the terrorists who took their soldiers. It's a war. Look at when the US invade Iraq, as they begin their campaign there were time when they had to defend themselves. Does that mean they were defensive? No!
Man, you seriously have no clue as to how things work do you?

Again, stop ridiculing yourself. Israel’s attacks on Lebanon are acts of self-defense.

www.bloomberg.com...
U.S. Ambassador John Bolton said Israel's attacks on Lebanon were legitimate acts of self-defense…

Also, if the west is calling it self defense, and every in the west supports self defense....then you're just further proving that western support is not wavering.

I am observing wavering Western support….. here’s a quote:

euronews.net...
G8 leaders divided on Middle East conflict
At the G8 summit in St.Petersburg, world leaders have taken differing positions on the Middle East crisis. While the US refuses to tell Israel to halt its bombardment, France and the EU have called Israel's response excessive.

Personal attacks won’t help here ThatsJustWeird.

Was that a joke?
Where did I personally attack you? By saying you have no idea about politics? That's not a personal attack, lol!! It's the truth (until you show otherwise).

Because one believes Israel is very capable of defending itself from its offensive Arab neighbours…… just as Titor “predicted” it…..and according to Titor this will eventually lead to the “ultimate defense.”

I'm afraid of what you'll do to yourself when everything doesn't happen as Titor predicted it.
You're so obsessed with trying to make him be right, you're losing your grip on reality.

You are making a thinking error. Titor said: "The year 2008 was a general date by which time everyone will realize the world they thought they were living in was over."

He was talking about the US and the civil war!
Lol

He was not. Why else the words “everyone” and “the world they thought they were living in”….time to wake up ThatsJustWeird….

Well….when the “ultimate defense” has ended as well as Arab countries are fighting with eachother….one could say the world we thought we were living in is over.

I know you're not going to answer this, but I'll ask it anyway.
Why would the Arab countries fight each other if Israel just used a WMD against them? They all have one common goal now. That's to wipe out Israel. If Israel uses a WMD against them, that would only stengthen their resolve, so please tell me why they'll wipe out each other instead?

Here’s an answer for you: let’s just wait and see what happens. Here’s a nice one:

jta.org...
Saudis slam Hezbollah, Hamas
Saudi Arabia issued a rare condemnation of Hezbollah and Hamas violence.
Statements by the government in Riyadh on the recent fighting in Lebanon and the Gaza Strip
departed from traditional Saudi censure of Israel by blaming Hezbollah and Hamas for their provocative attacks.

You are twisting Titor’s words again…..as you are trying to twist facts…….Titor said Western stability would collapse in 2005…..and it indeed has……

If stability collapsed that would mean the west has collapsed.
But I'll play along lol

Tell me the date in which stability collapsed.
Tell us why we haven't been affected by this collapse yet. If you say we have been, tell us how.
Tell us which countries were most affected by this collapse and which countries weren't.

Western stability collapsed after May 29, 2005 when both France and The Netherlands rejected the constitutional treaty for Europe in their respective referendums. From there on things got worse.

msnbc.msn.com...
The clash at Hampton Court is a symptom of the crisis gripping Europe.

The economic integration of the Continent's 450 million consumers into a prosperous single market—the EU's raison d'etre since its creation after World War II—has come to a virtual standstill.

At the same time, growing numbers of Europeans have awakened to the threat of globalization, with little agreement on how to cope.

On one side are the core economies of the continent: Germany, Italy and France, all stagnating yet determined to preserve their vision of a "social Europe" that protects citizens from too much change.

On the other side: Britain and the Scandinavians, who want to meet the challenges of globalization by staying competitive, flexible and attuned to the fast-changing demands of the market.

What are you talking about? Hizbollah IS attacking Israel.

But Israel's neighbors are not.

As said before, Hizbollah is in Lebanon and therefore one of Israel’s neighbours. Stop ridiculing yourself.

I never said it would be the cause… that’s what you are trying to make of it. But it will most definitely be “a part of what’s to come”……..

lol, Yes you are. You're saying all of this will lead to ___, ___, and ___.
That's not what Titor said.
Your quote was "when the “ultimate defense” has ended as well as Arab countries are fighting with eachother….one could say the world we thought we were living in is over"
Titor didn't say the ME war would lead to use believing the world we're living in is over. He said the Civil War would do that. See how you're trying to twist his words to fit your agenda?

Titor never said the second US Civil War would lead everyone to believing the world they are living in was over. Why don’t you show me where he said that? Ofcourse… you can’t. The only logical conclusion is that Titor meant that everyone would come to realize their stable world they thought they were living in will be over. That will never be the case if only America would be involved in a civil war. Let’s hear it from Titor again:

John Titor
"The year 2008 was a general date by which time everyone will realize the world they thought they were living in was over.

And Titor said there would be riots because of the 2004 eletions.

Titor never said that. He said there would be civil (social) unrest. There was social unrest around the 2004 elections and actually there still is.

He said that things would be progressively worse in 2004.

No he did not. Titor gave his impression of how that second US Civil War would be remembered…..

He said that by 2008 it'll be on everyone's doorstep. We're in 2006, which means it should be at least on half the people's doorstep.

You are making a thinking error again. Titor said: “By 2008, I would say the civil conflict is pretty much at everyone's doorstep” meaning that by 2008 will be pretty much at everyone’s doorstep…….it’s not so long now ThatsJustWeird……let’s wait and see what happens….

He said it would be war and he gave HIS definition of what "war" meant.

Titor gave his impression of how that second US Civil War would be remembered…..

He's been wrong with EVERY single thing so far. Why are you so obsessed with defending a proven hoaxer? Once 2008 comes and still nothing he's predicted has happen will you further push back the date or will you finally admit Titor is a proven hoax?

You are sad ThatsJustWeird…. Titor is right on track and you know it. Why are you so upset if you believe he is a “proven hoaxer?” That simply doesn’t make any sense….

Like I said before….. I believe John Titor provided a definition of how that war (starting in 2004) would be remembered. Let’s say exact copies of Waco type events would start on a monthly base somewhere in 2008….. we would remember them as part of the second US civil war… perhaps even the most significant part…. but looking back... we could trace the initial spark of that conflict…. possibly leading us to 2004…just as historians do not all agree on which event signified the start of World War 2…..

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Why would the Arab countries fight each other if Israel just used a WMD against them? They all have one common goal now. That's to wipe out Israel. If Israel uses a WMD against them, that would only stengthen their resolve, so please tell me why they'll wipe out each other instead?

They would attack each others because Saudi and some of the arab countries are americans pupets, and some not. This could be the reason why, I don't see any other reason. Some believe Israëli/US propaganda, and some not.

Also, you gonna say that they don't do as much propaganda as i say? In EVERY army in all HISTORY, they ALWAYS did propaganda, because they would lose public/military support if they don't. It's just logical.

And for you're post, modese7en, it's a great post!

ooo, i'm a time traveler TJW!

[edit on 19-7-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I stumbled upon the John Titor story about a year ago when I was doing some research on the likelihood of a 2nd civil war breaking out in the US due to the deepening rift between the populace, I.E. liberal vs. conservative, secular vs. religious, democrat vs. republican, support for the people vs. the administration, etc.

What drew me to it was the incredible foresight that whomever it was that was posting as JT had in the pre 9/11 world. For someone to have seen what was happening with world, political, and societal affairs that are indeed happening now in a time that was undoubtedly peaceful, is amazing, no matter if it were true or a hoax.

No matter if the exact dates have lined up, many things that were talked about in those posts have indeed happened. I think the original author of this thread was asking just that, was JT incredibly insightful of these things and could they result in the world that he described to us?

In particular, WW3 is indeed breaking out, but when history looks back on all this, when will historians agree that it broke out? Was it 9/11? Was it our invasion of Afghanistan or Iraq? Or maybe when Israel allowed the Palestinian state to finally create a separate government, or when Hamas was voted in as the gov't?

When, if ever, a 2nd civil war breaks out, when will it be seen as having broken out. We still argue whether the 1st civil war broke out when the southern states seceded, or when Bleeding Kansas was going on, and so on, so far back into history that some argue that the seeds of the civil war were sown during Bacon's rebellion in the 1600's.

As a historian, these are the things that should be argued in this thread, not whether JT was a hoax, because regardless of whether he was or not, we have an incredible opportunity to open a dialogue about these things because of JT opening the discussion, incredibly, before all these things were even out there in the public consciousness.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   

They would attack each others because Saudi and some of the arab countries are americans pupets, and some not. This could be the reason why, I don't see any other reason. Some believe Israëli/US propaganda, and some not.

Also, you gonna say that they don't do as much propaganda as i say? In EVERY army in all HISTORY, they ALWAYS did propaganda, because they would lose public/military support if they don't. It's just logical.

You also have to take into consideration the Sunni/Shi'a factions of Arab politics in addition to the support that certain Arab countries give to western nations, most notably Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Pakistan, Egypt, and the UAE.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
But you agree that the populations of Saudi, Lebanon and Pakistan doesn't support their puppet government? About Egypt, and the UAE, I don't know.

Revolutions in those countries could happen, so they would become anti-US/Israël/west, because they were manipulated.

So you think that it would be a fight between two religions?

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dorian_gr
Hello Roth Joint. I have read a lot of your old posts and I agree at many points. Since you have studied more thoroughly Titor’s story, what do you think about peak oil theory as an explanation of the generator of the crisis described by Titor? Could it be the “grand scheme of things” to come?

Hi Dorian,

I believe peak oil is most definitely one of the “grand scheme of things” to come. That’s why I believe Titor made his remark: “After the war, the main problem was distribution. Can anyone tell me how many companies in the United States still manufacture bicycle tires today? Anyone who still has a bike in 2008 will find out.

www.huffingtonpost.com...
Oil Crisis Flows Deeper Than Pump Prices
Tires are made with synthetic rubber produced with a chemical derived from oil. USA Today reported that approximately two-thirds of Goodyear's raw material costs are related to oil. The company's raw materials prices nearly doubled from 2004 to 2005 to $5.6 billion.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Roth Joint, glad to see you still around and posting. I see ThatsJustWeird and syrinx high priest are back to repeating their old gimmicks.

XPhiles!!! glad to see you here too!!

Yep, the lizard and the robot have returned!

[edit on 19-7-2006 by Roth Joint]

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   

But you agree that the populations of Saudi, Lebanon and Pakistan doesn't support their puppet government? About Egypt, and the UAE, I don't know.

Revolutions in those countries could happen, so they would become anti-US/Israël/west, because they were manipulated.

So you think that it would be a fight between two religions?

Yeah, I definately agree. First off, the Sunni/Shi'a debate will never allow for 100% support for a government in the ME, as long as there is an opposition population in the nation. Even more importantly, you have support for organizations that are not tied to a particular country or government, such as Hezbollah, Hamas, and Al Qaida. These are the true wild cards in the situation, because they garner support from the fundamentalist islamic population, and now even middle ground muslims due to the actions of the Israeli gov't.

Lebanon is the greatest example of this. Lebanon was a fledgling democracy in the region, and now support for Hezbollah is gaining so much that its totally conceivable that a new government will be installed after all is said and done, and it will definately be anti-Israel/US, and probably propped up by support from Syria and Iran.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
roth you did make a couple decent points. I was always particularly interested in the bike thing. I can never understand how some one (TJW) could be so determind to attack a guy (john titor) when his message to get ready for a possible war was 'learn to use a gun'-all americans should- 'execise and stop being so lazy'- o so true and important. Even if there was no war, it would do everyone some good to ride a bike 10 miles a week.- 'watch what your eating'- couldnt agree with that more. Reading about foods, FDA corruption and such, I watch every little thing I eat now.- 'find people you can trust your life with' -shouldnt we do that anyway In case your ever in a jam?- and things along those lines.

Did you ever notice that most the thing he said to do to prepare for the war was to avoid disease, learn to protect and defend yourself, get in shape, and learn how to survive in general? In the end he was talking about independence. You will see independence will be the most important thing in the coming years. Those who you depend on control you. Who do you depend on? And is it safe and logical to put your life in THEIR hands?

top topics

<< 119  120  121    123  124  125 >>

join