It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Popeye's Chicken is Racist!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

LMAO!!!! You'uns. I wrote a comment here about the you'uns thing like 3 years ago. Im from the Deep South, so yeah Im sure I say funny things at times, but the first time I heard a local Midwesterner say you'uns I almost died...

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Advantage
Ha! To slow there buddy, or gal buddy, depending which advantage is posting on today.

But on a serious note. I think 90% of the population is genetically predisposed to liking fried chicken. If you dont like fried chicken, there may be something wrong with you. Even vegans like it, there just predisposed to holding that urge deep down inside, so they can say there better then everybody else.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage
a reply to: Bigburgh

LMAO!!!! You'uns. I wrote a comment here about the you'uns thing like 3 years ago. Im from the Deep South, so yeah Im sure I say funny things at times, but the first time I heard a local Midwesterner say you'uns I almost died...

edit on 8-10-2019 by Bigburgh because: DON'T MESS WITH MY CHICKEN!!

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight
Wow some guy or guys as it says in the article, pulled a gun out over a fry chicken sandwich? Now that's dedication.

Thought the link does not say what predisposition they belonged to.

I guess were left to guess, The suspense is killing me. But i'm a go with fatty's, they tend to go a bit crazy when they dont get what they want on the menu or prissy when they say that there low on this or that item. However there are just to many predisposed to liking fried chicken, could literally be anybody.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird
Ha! To slow there buddy, or gal buddy, depending which advantage is posting on today.

But on a serious note. I think 90% of the population is genetically predisposed to liking fried chicken. If you dont like fried chicken, there may be something wrong with you. Even vegans like it, there just predisposed to holding that urge deep down inside, so they can say there better then everybody else.

Oh I only use this SN and am always female, unless someone wants to assume Im male then far be it from me to correct them.

Vegans are like priests I think. They have these sick urges and go devour raw meat when no one is looking. Or veal. Underaged meat. Or they just fondle packages of meat at the grocery.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Oh ya. Could have sworn some years ago you said your husband was on sometimes. Or nevermind, as it does not matter, just more dam random stuff.

Quite sure some are doing it just because its the cool thing to do and they want to fit in. Some though are serious. But there spending way to much time trying to save animals, when if they really wanted to get people to stop eating meat, they should spend more time developing a replicator.

Also none of them seem to know or understand how nature really works, even most wild and free animals, dont life in the wild past the 3 to 5 year mark, if even that on most of them die at the one year mark.

Even domesticated animals seem to do really stupid stuff at that mark and get themselfs killed, kind of like the lemmings thing, its bizzare to witness, have this turkey which is around the same timeline as a normal turkey in the wild usually gets killed off by predators, or disease, or the weather or any number of things, and its doing things that would be considered suicidal things, like sleeping at night in the rain, with coyts around out there howling, instead of the chicken house with the other animals, and all kinds of weird things.

Its almost like nature build a kill switch in there behavior once any specific thing reaches that point. Well almost all animals, pigs will be pigs, they just keep going till they get taken out.

But ya, replicators.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I thought people who came from the southern states, or who's family did, have a lot of traditional chicken dishes they like, and other people like all kinds of other foods in different regions. But it seems that people all over the world like chicken, it is likely the first domesticated livestock raised by humans. I call the chicken man's tastiest friend.

So, the chicken is originally from Africa, Africa is the considered to be the origin of humankind, chickens were domesticated in Africa by Africans and when Africans went out of Africa to populate the world, they brought the chicken along for the ride. Is it any wonder that eating chicken is associated with and marketed to African Americans?

There is certainly enough chicken being marketed to other racial groups around the country. Strange though that I never see a Popeye's ad on our local TV stations and there are about five Popeye's restaurants within the broadcast zones.

There are a lot of crappy food joints that exploit customers with target marketing. Take Long John Silver's for example. They are doing a disservice to pirates and other sea faring folks with their blatantly racist marketing approach that pushes their crap products.
edit on 8-10-2019 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I thought it must only be the Popeyes in my area that were so horrendous...2nd time in about 10 years...Still, breading and bones...I wonder what they do with the meat that should have been there...

After that I went to KFC...Got some thighs...I thought they were chicken nuggets, with bones in them...I wonder if it's illegal to sell baby chickens...It should be...

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 01:18 AM
link   
The popeyes in my neck of the woods is damn good.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I went to popeyes Saturday, 7pm. Forget about the chicken sandwich cuz its not here --They were out of friggin' chicken tenders. Not diggin popeyes lately.
edit on 8-10-2019 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

But i'm a go with fatty's, they tend to go a bit crazy when they dont get what they want on the menu or prissy when they say that there low on this or that item

Why pick on fattys? Its probably a salt/sugar craving or "I've got a gun and I dont believe you've sold out"

"Who needs belief when a gun solves the problem? /sarcasm"

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

They are doing a disservice to pirates and other sea faring folks with their

Not to mention that the pirates Sat/TV service is probably not tuned in, they're busy "doing stuff"

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I am a lurker on many different blogs. I follow sports and news and, of course, this site. But I must say. I have never seen a more ridiculous thread than this one. a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I'm not sure how marketing cajun/creole is marketing to black people?????

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 02:55 AM
link   
You think the menu's racist, it's a good thing you never met our previous neighbor's mama. Very lively old black lady, used to fix us all plates of her Thanksgiving "soul dinners" every year and send them home with the lady next door & her kid for us.

Fried turkey, fried ham, black eyed peas, collard greens, cornbread (both baked and fried, woman didn't screw around with her cornbread) bacon mashed potatoes, her personal twist on bacon & heavy cream green bean casserole that probably still has my arteries clogged today, and I s# you not, homemade watermelon jello w/ whipped cream topping.

Her food was f#g fantastic, racist or not.

I'm still a little depressed she never shared her collard greens recipe. That was the definition of "umami".

originally posted by: JinMI

Alpine or Division? The one on Alpine's not half bad, I'll give it that much. Still doesn't taste like a southern Popeye's, though, I think they have to tone down the spices or something for the "delicate tongues" of the northerners

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: odzeandennz

I don't see color, but I see color in the advertisements for Popeye's.

I don't know of a thing called "white people's chicken", but what I do know is a chicken which isn't "Popeye's chicken" marketed directly at the AA community!

What about having a Southern Plantation owning looking spokesman? Can't get much "white persons chicken" than that, can you?

Popeye's carved out their niche. Nothing wrong with that. Lots of companies sell crappy food with snazzy marketing. It's the American Way!

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

The Colonel has been rehabilitated - "white Robocop" still with the goatee and tie - cant get any more white than that

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   
So you had some bad food and now the whole establishment is racist. Holy moses you americans are utterly retarded... This is the dumbest thing I have read the whole year and it has been a year full of dumb stuff.
Can't even respond. If you don;t like the food then f**k off and by food elsewhere, it really is that simple.
Racist, FFS!!

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

my local Popeye's is pretty good.
better fresh. sometimes one gets smaller / older pieces that aren't too good. nature of fast food.

their mash taters / gravy infinitely superior to KFC.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

The piracy is the prices for the quality at Long John Silver’s, which along with A&W was owned by YUM! Brands, Inc. They still own Taco Bell, KFC, Pizza Hut, and WingStreet which is why you sometimes see double and triple restaurants in one building.
edit on 8-10-2019 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join