It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Popeye's Chicken is Racist!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyinHeadlock

One of my best friends in HS was AA. His family was pretty poor, but he was still my best bud. His Mom always made fried, battered, everything...BUT...that food was great! It wasn't some RIP OFF bony crap, covered in batter because there wasn't any meat on it, and served up as an excuse for 'chicken'! It was good food.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Im gonna go ahead and star that. I cant even believe we are comparing ANY fast food, with ACTUAL food.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Just take a trip to a real KFC, and then go to Popeye's...and you tell me!!

Chicken isn't "fast food". Period.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyinHeadlock
a reply to: Fools

Very funny. Changing my name from FlyinHeadlock to FlyinClayDisk.

FlyinHeadlock was my nickname in HS wrestling. It was my signature move. I pinned the former state champ with that move. He about blew a fuse when he got up. It's super deadly if landed correctly. I can pin someone in about 4 seconds if I nail it and it's completely legal.

I was a decent wrestler, but the other dudes in my class were far better. Both of them took state in the 3 years I was on the team. Best sport in the world regardless of my faults. Funny thing is about 15 years later my college buds (well after college) were also ex HS wrestling "stars". None of them could ever pin me. I got my upper body strength after 18 I suppose. I have bizzare popeye legs and calves (pun intended). The main thing is that neither of my sons can take me. They try, but they can't. I wonder how much longer that will last?

Ah, getting old. The only disease that scientist should really concentrate on....

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Popeye's chicken isn't even REMOTELY close to "cajun" food!!!

Everyone should know this!!!

Not even CLOSE!!!!!!

Dude, admit it. You're a foodie. To you and I, anything fast food is simply offensive and rip off. Some of it may be barely acceptable, but it's still not what they claim it is.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Well, as it turns out, I'm eating some chicken now. It's not fried, and it's not battered. It's actually marinated and grilled, so yeah I generally avoid fast food, but some is okay. Popeye's is not one of those choices. AND, the reason I even posted the OP was because of all the advertising Popeye's does...directly to the AA community!

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Black people, am I right? They're just..... BLACK, and they eat fried chicken. Oh, and did you know that they're also BLACK? Does Popeyes sell koolaid too? Maybe they should start selling watermelon as a side, those black people really love that stuff.

^^^^^^ That's how this OP comes off. Fried chicken is delicious no matter what your skin color is, not sure why race is so important to the OP. 🤔

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Always go for the backs of the knees! Pull the back of the knee forward, drop and shove your shoulder into the chest. Pull both knees up as you go down, stay on top! Pin the right arm with your left knee.

PS - Might have wrestled a little bit.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised to see them start selling watermelon!!!!

Seriously, that's how overt (and racist) they are!!

So, don't go jumping off on me...just watch some of their advertisements!!!!!!

edit on 10/7/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I went there 2 days ago. The chicken tenders, were all breading and minimal chicken.

And their gravy for the mashed potatoes, tastes like vomit!

Done and done.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:13 PM
link   

KFC...

Go to a Lee’s Famous Recipe. No Cajun, but far better meal. Boston Market is hit or miss. But if you want a real experience in Cincinnati, visit Smoq. It’s fine dining barbecue, but ran by the guy that ran Burbank’s. The menu changes from time to time but every now and then they have Cajun Corn Dog as an appetizer...you won’t be disappointed if you get to have them. Might not eat your meal due to eating them all, but you will want more.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I know you like straight shooting so forgive me in correcting; you still relatively "fast food"

I think price, store location

wiki

Fry chicken, turning with tongs every 1–2 minutes and adjusting heat to maintain a steady temperature of 300°–325°, until skin is deep golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of chicken registers 165°, about 10 minutes for wings and 12 minutes for thighs, legs, and breasts.

www.aol.com...

All about the fryer KFC swears by high temperature, industrial-strength pressure fryers for their extra-crispy skin. While you won’t be able at deep fry with your at home pressure cooker, you can still recreate the KFC crunch with a deep fryer, a Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot. Simply heat your oil to 350 or 360 degrees and leave each piece in for exactly 12 minutes.

And then there was a chicken shortage? WTF

www.vox.com...

n the meantime, the shortage is causing chaos for some employees (many of whom have already reported being pushed to the brink of exhaustion by the frenzy): In Houston, a group of customers pulled a gun on a Popeyes manager after being informed that the sandwich was sold out, and in Tennessee, a man is suing the company for “false advertising” and “deceptive business practices.”

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Depends on what your comparing it to? Not even that but what store you go to. Popeye is not bad, but I liked there fry's and mashed potatoes better then there chicken on every one I went to, which is not that many, there are few places that can pass off mashed potatoes, as mashed potatoes in the fast food world, but Popeyes can, its not the best, but it works, its passable, even tasty with the gravy.

And not even that, just depends on which joint you go, some places are to salty, and others are not bad. If your comparing it to some homemade stuff, most fast food cant pass that test. Or even that just depends on who's cooking.

But ya, black people and chicken huh! Whats up with that.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Black people are genetically predisposed to liking chicken.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage
Black people are genetically predisposed to liking chicken.

So are Chinese Generals!

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Aww man!!!!

I was posting when you were. LOL! I was going to throw out the black people being predisposed to liking chicken thing and then post the Chapelle vid after the racist accusations flew.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Ahhhh Tso...

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Marketing crap product to a targeted consumer group is not racist, it's the foundation of capitalist enterprise.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Recently tried chick fill lay and it was far to salty

Recently tried chickfillayyyyy for the first time....
Omg God God! Is it salty... Popeyes is better... KFC does them birds right.. 🙄
edit on 7-10-2019 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

It's 1am... ATS is far too glitchy at the moment... not sure if there's an un announced update.

And this is the 3rd response I've given to this thread... yes something is wrong for a moment on ats... quit booting me offline!🤗 namaste
Pizza
Taco
Pasta.
ATS quit booting!😊
edit on 8-10-2019 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join