It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Popeye's Chicken is Racist!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   
So, I went to a Popeye's Chicken the other day and it was horrible. The chicken was all bones and batter and over done.

Popeye's markets heavily to the African American community, and they're RIPPING them OFF!!

The red beans and rice are awful, and so is the chicken. I was shocked.

This woman has spent a lifetime marketing crap food to the minority community, and making people think it's great "black" food. Frankly, it SUCKS! AND, it's a travesty to the minority community that this food should be considered better than places like KFC and others.

I went to a Popeye's chicken about 20 years ago and it was pretty awful then, and now it's even worse! Why does the black community continue to support this woman and her crappy fried chicken???????

Is it only because she's black???

Crap food is crap food...regardless of who makes it!!
edit on 10/7/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
So, I went to a Popeye's Chicken the other day and it was horrible. The chicken was all bones and batter and over done.

Popeye's markets heavily markets to the African American community, and they're RIPPING them OFF!!

The red beans and rice are awful, and so is the chicken. I was shocked.

This woman has spent a lifetime marketing crap food to the minority community, and making people think it's great "black" food. Frankly, it SUCKS! AND, it's a travesty to the minority community that this food should be considered better than places like KFC and others.

I went to a Popeye's chicken about 20 years ago and it was pretty awful then, and now it's even worse! Why does the black community continue to support this woman and her crappy fried chicken???????

Is it only because she's black???

Crap food is crap food...regardless of who makes it!!

I dig the cajun fish po boy. Not sure if that is a thing still. I don't think they are racist really. Are you trying to start a boycott of Popeye's with black people? I don't think it will take.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   

It is pretty bad.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

True story. During Katrina in New Orleans, a TV reporter asked a resident what they though about all the Churches in the area flooding (places of worship).

The resident said something to the effect that they didn't care about that. They always went to Popeyes.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Yep I ordered a shrimp poboy(sp?) Once never again all I got was shrimp and shredded lettuce on bread. Wtf is that crap.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Absolutely, I think African American people should stand up and say "BS" to Popeye's Chicken.

It's a total RIP OFF!! This woman has taken total advantage of the African American community, and she damn well knows it!!

People deserve better food than this, and it's sad to see her marketing techniques!

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   

The AA community thanks you for reminding them fried chicken is advertised specially for them and their also being bamboozled in meat to bones and batter ratio.

I wonder if white people's chicken are meaty and nutritious...

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Word to the wise :
Only choose a Popeye's that the employees talk with a heavy Southern drawl...

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Absolutely, I think African American people should stand up and say "BS" to Popeye's Chicken.

It's a total RIP OFF!! This woman has taken total advantage of the African American community, and she damn well knows it!!

People deserve better food than this, and it's sad to see her marketing techniques!

Well lets pretend you are in a market that doesn't really have access to good cajun food. If that is the case then isnt something better than nothing?

Just sayin.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

I don't see color, but I see color in the advertisements for Popeye's.

I don't know of a thing called "white people's chicken", but what I do know is a chicken which isn't "Popeye's chicken" marketed directly at the AA community!

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Popeye's chicken isn't even REMOTELY close to "cajun" food!!!

Everyone should know this!!!

Not even CLOSE!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Ummm... the lady on the commercial is just an actor she doesn’t own the chain. That’s like saying Flo owns progressive Insurance and is responsible for the product being sold

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:32 PM
link   

A brand new Popeyes opened near me last year, and I got a carry out for me and the wife about a month after they opened.
Utter garbage.
edit on 7-10-2019 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Speaking of, I made the worlds best cajun stew the other day. Everyone that tasted it said so. VIVA ME!

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   

LOL Popeye's is about as a "black" comfort soul food restaurant as Taco Bell is Mexican.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: SilverStarGazer

No, around here, she advertises herself as the owner. I'm sure some commercials in other markets might be different, but this gal is full-on owner of the entire chain.

She's selling the black community out with her crap!!!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

"LOL" your way all the way home...that's BS, and you know it!!

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Slaves used to bread their food so they could feed more people. Very filling. Fried foods are generally associated with black people for this reason in the south. They stretched their meat sources by breading it.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Agreed, it's complete CRAP!! I was stunned!

There were several Mexicans in the place and they just left their food...it was that bad!

This place is marketing crap to the AA community!! Cheap, bony, over-cooked, over-battered...CRAP!!!

It's awful!

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Very funny. Changing my name from FlyinHeadlock to FlyinClayDisk.

FlyinHeadlock was my nickname in HS wrestling. It was my signature move. I pinned the former state champ with that move. He about blew a fuse when he got up. It's super deadly if landed correctly. I can pin someone in about 4 seconds if I nail it and it's completely legal.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join