It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Yellowhammer. Brexit and it's likely effects.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Please, please STOP blaming the EU for all our woes. The UK had 73, that's 73 MEPs voted in by the UK electorate. Just because they were a bunch of backstabbers that only went to draw their fantastic wages and cause trouble and NOT fight for the rights and privileges that could have been ours is not the EUs fault.
Now we're leaving the club your moaning that we can't take the family silver with us. That was NEVER going to happen as I said a couple of years ago. We have to take what's coming to us, but I'll guarantee the MPs wont suffer.

Get outta here.
What are 73 MEPs going to do?
Like saying that the SNP, DUP, Liberals only have themselves to blame for not getting what they want from the Conservative govt.

The EU is a dictatorship dressed up with meaningless representation.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Seeing the state of things in the uk government and track record, I think it's high time someone fired all of them and did a reset like Trump is doing. The faster the better.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Read the document properly:
Worst case scenario: it may take a couple of hours longer to cross the border, which would then cause backlog.
No one will starve, there'll be enough drinking water, maybe just a little less choice for a few weeks.

At the end of the day, there'll be a couple of weeks of chaos and everything taking a little longer and then it will sort itself out.
(For crying out loud you won the bl 2nd world war, you'll just about survive Brexit!)

What you guys probably don't realize, is that more and more German companies are on reduced working hours due to Brexit!

That's right: I am sitting at home this week because the English dragging their feet....

Just think about it.

Brexit will hurt the EU more than it will hurt Britain. The worst part is,the EU has to be careful:if they let Britain go lightly then others will follow and the EU will collapse.
Brexit is a lose or lose scenario for the EU.

Well maybe, they should have thought of that earlier.....

Just my tuppence

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

The public doesn't get much say in anything there anymore does it? Seen the posters they used to have at bus stations? The ones they quickly removed eyes everywhere, yeah that one. If you're paying someone's salary doesn't that give you a say in what happens in your community? Your life? If not then it should. Enough with the wool over the publics eyes and under the table dealings.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aldolas
Read the document properly:
Worst case scenario: it may take a couple of hours longer to cross the border, which would then cause backlog.
No one will starve, there'll be enough drinking water, maybe just a little less choice for a few weeks.

At the end of the day, there'll be a couple of weeks of chaos and everything taking a little longer and then it will sort itself out.
(For crying out loud you won the bl 2nd world war, you'll just about survive Brexit!)

What you guys probably don't realize, is that more and more German companies are on reduced working hours due to Brexit!

That's right: I am sitting at home this week because the English dragging their feet....

Just think about it.

Brexit will hurt the EU more than it will hurt Britain. The worst part is,the EU has to be careful:if they let Britain go lightly then others will follow and the EU will collapse.
Brexit is a lose or lose scenario for the EU.

Well maybe, they should have thought of that earlier.....

Just my tuppence

If you do read the document carefully you will see talking potential delays of days for HGVs which will cause significant logistic issues.

The idea that Brexit will hurt EU more than UK is fantasy. While the EU will face disruption and economic loss it will be much less and more localised than the impact on the UK.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TGunner

Only posters i see in stations these days are the ones that say you cannot smoke anywhere, even vape pens. LoL

They are literally plasterd everywhere at 6 feet intervals from one end to the next.

As long as there are politicians, and the banker's, financial institutions, and corporations, there to facilitate the shady nefarious backhanded version of what we consider to be a democracy, the wool will always be pulled over the publics eyes and the under the table dealings continue.

It's kind of how the whole shebang operates, unfortunately.

edit on 12-9-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
Well, the body of the document does match the title.

"Reasonable Worst Case Planning Assumptions"

It's all speculation that assumes that the EU and its member states will go out of their way to put the screws to Britain if it leaves the EU. It seems to me that the fundamental assumption is that EU member states already hate Britain and are just looking for a excuse to put the boots to them.

Is that really how European nations feel about Britain? Does Britain really have no true allies on the continent? Is no nation in Europe thinking, "What if that were us? Is that how we would want to be treated?"

And if it is, why would you vote instead to hand aspects of sovereignty to them?

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Unfortunately then, things will never change, nor will they improve because, sheep will be sheep wont they.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   
So, to prepare for the lastest round of negotiations our esteemed parliament have deemed it necessary to remove our Govt's #1 (and probably only) bargaining chip and to force the public reveal of all the things we are worried about the EU doing to bring about our worst case scenario. Great. Like sending Boris Johnson into a heads up poker game and forcing him to have his cards always laid face up on the table.

One would think some members of our Parliament are working for the EU and we even have dumbies cheering it on.

"We want a better deal! Honest... but we're going to do all we can to make sure you can't get one................ "

edit on 12/9/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TGunner

Democracy may well be a prison where we cannot see the bars, but its the best form of rule humanity has produced thus far.

The problem is the distribution of wealth and power amongst our respective populations being so god darn uneven.

The disparity breeds corruption and contempt, to which people, especially those who crave power and attention are somewhat susceptible.

There has to be a middle ground somewhere in between but we wont find it with the likes of Brexit nor Westminster.

What happens when all the "sheep" decide to stampede in "There" direction is the real question i suppose?

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Well, the body of the document does match the title.

"Reasonable Worst Case Planning Assumptions"

It's all speculation that assumes that the EU and its member states will go out of their way to put the screws to Britain if it leaves the EU. It seems to me that the fundamental assumption is that EU member states already hate Britain and are just looking for a excuse to put the boots to them.

Is that really how European nations feel about Britain? Does Britain really have no true allies on the continent? Is no nation in Europe thinking, "What if that were us? Is that how we would want to be treated?"

I work with people from mainland Europe and, yes, that's how they feel. I don't think there are any allies there. Your ally is the USA. We (I) support you!

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

It doesn't assume we become bitter rivals, it assumes we have third country status after having left the EU without a deal.

The EU is a single market and customs union which means that trade deals are done with the EU as a whole not individual member States.

The EU will appily tariffs and restriction on us, not to be vindictive, but because that what we in the UK have decided to have happen.

Shortages could come mainly because we have a infrastructure set up to manage free trade between us and the EU. Getting up to speed to handle the new reality isn't going to be a seamless process.

Are you saying that EU member nations do not have the right to negotiate trade deals with other nations without the EU's permission?

You do make a good point about temporary shortages, though. If you have to wait for the current government to negotiate new trade deals, people will go hungry for a while. If you sent the current Parliament to the grocery store with a shopping list and some money, they would come back two years later with no food or money saying they couldn't decide which brand of butter to buy.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 11:26 PM
link   
they'll be just fine, richer and happier.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Are you saying that EU member nations do not have the right to negotiate trade deals with other nations without the EU's permission?

EU nation states are not allowed to negotiate any trade deals with any other country, full stop.
That's one of the benefits of leaving the EU, we can set up free trade deals with countries around the world and get rid of all those protectionist tariffs the EU have placed on them, which would reduce prices for these goods.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
If you do read the document carefully you will see talking potential delays of days for HGVs which will cause significant logistic issues.

The idea that Brexit will hurt EU more than UK is fantasy. While the EU will face disruption and economic loss it will be much less and more localised than the impact on the UK.

You are right: in a worst case it will take some adjusting. But, give it a couple of months and the customer won't notice much of a difference.
(We generally tend to forget, that there are loads of people that do everything they can to make things work.
Partly because they want to make money, partly because they're scared of losing their jobs)

Secondly:
If you check Wikipedia you'll notice that the 4th largest country based on international trade is the UK!
BTW the UK contributes over a 1/4 of the trade of the whole European Union combined!!!

The EU cannot afford to lose you as a trading partner. If you start trading with the US instead of with us, that's going to cause really big problems.
Which means, as much as they would love to teach everyone a lesson -that you don't just leave the EU-, they have to be 'kind' to you...

So...yeah: On a short term Britain is in for a bumpy ride. On a long term the EU is losing one of the worlds strongest economies which is seriously not good!

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
So, to prepare for the lastest round of negotiations our esteemed parliament have deemed it necessary to remove our Govt's #1 (and probably only) bargaining chip and to force the public reveal of all the things we are worried about the EU doing to bring about our worst case scenario. Great. Like sending Boris Johnson into a heads up poker game and forcing him to have his cards always laid face up on the table.

Even while the UK is leaving....... the EU has and is taking the high ground, while

the UK is/has been crawling on its knees and begging for hand outs

No one can negotiate on their knees from the position of underdog its time those

representing the people of the UK, got up of their knees developed a backbone

and did what they are paid for and voted in to do.

One would think some members of our Parliament are working for the EU

I have been saying that for some time ...... EU brainwashing AKA 'mancunian' style?

espionage big time

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

The problem is the distribution of wealth and power amongst our respective populations being so god darn uneven.

The disparity breeds corruption and contempt, to which people, especially those who crave power and attention are somewhat susceptible.

You change your avatars frequently, but your posts are very recognisable the

distribution of wealth always comes into them.

Who ever said life was fair? What happened to Personal responsibility.

People are better off at this point in time than they have ever been.

There are people putting their lives in danger to get here! Bypassing other countries

to be here? So it cant be that bad?

***The truest mark of being born with great qualities, is being born without envy.***

edit on 13-9-2019 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aldolas

You are right: in a worst case it will take some adjusting. But, give it a couple of months and the customer won't notice much of a difference.
(We generally tend to forget, that there are loads of people that do everything they can to make things work.
Partly because they want to make money, partly because they're scared of losing their jobs)
Secondly:
If you check Wikipedia you'll notice that the 4th largest country based on international trade is the UK!
BTW the UK contributes over a 1/4 of the trade of the whole European Union combined!!!
The EU cannot afford to lose you as a trading partner. If you start trading with the US instead of with us, that's going to cause really big problems.
Which means, as much as they would love to teach everyone a lesson -that you don't just leave the EU-, they have to be 'kind' to you...

^^^If you can see that^^^ !!! How can all the scared remainers in the UK

not see it ...... Has the complacency of being in the EU made them into

zombies?

So...yeah: On a short term Britain is in for a bumpy ride. On a long term the EU is losing one of the worlds strongest economies which is seriously not good!

Short time pain for long time gain ..... I can live with that.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Uhm, did you take a look at that wikipedia-site?

Because esp. that table is deemed "failed verification", and I couldn't follow verification myself if I look at the linked WTO-website, too.

In other words: Lies. Whitewashing. Fogging.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join