It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Yellowhammer. Brexit and it's likely effects.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi
Not to mention the extra house building and infrastructure needed due to increased population growth and the pollution that comes with that.
edit on 83018bAmerica/ChicagoThu, 12 Sep 2019 08:18:39 -05003019 by 83Liberty because: typo

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Food shortages, medical supply issues, an electricity price increase, and even clean water shortages.

Combined with winter, which is also is predicted to be quite bad this year.

I predict a lot of dead pensioners, dead homeless and sick people if it all goes breasts up.

How did you Brits survive before joining the EU? Those kindly, superior continentals transformed your Third-World hellhole and now you want to stab them in the back. Such ingratitude. Can’t you see the French and Germans know what’s best for you?

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scapegrace
How did you Brits survive before joining the EU?

That's the problem. The Brits did not join the EU. The Brits joined a much smaller economic community. The EU has evvolved without any consultation with the population of Britain.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Scapegrace

It's about surviving what happens in the interim not about how we done so in the past, 66 million people on this island in this day of age somewhat complicate and exasperate the dilemma.

How would the US survive without being able to trade with the rest of the states that comprise the nation?

Westminster certainly doesn't know what's best for us nor speak for Scotland or Ireland with respects to there Brexit wishes.
edit on 12-9-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I think this would be a great opportunity for the US and GB to reform a partnership and become the preeminent world power.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

What do you say cousins?

ready to take over the world. . . . again?

I could go for a trade bloc consisting of the USA, UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. It would be the most powerful single market in the world. Hell, the USA alone is already the biggest. I’d like to see the EU try to screw over any of its members. The EU has a big trade surplus with America. They need us more than we need them. Our economy is only 27 percent driven by exports (12 percent) and imports (15 percent).

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I think this would be a great opportunity for the US and GB to reform a partnership and become the preeminent world power.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

What do you say cousins?

I say absolutely yes but i have a couple of non negotiable caveats.

1.) New national anthem for our new joint nation. Seeing as we are retaking over the world, it must be the Pinky and the Brain theme tune, during which we must steeple fingers and look suitably meglomaniacal.
2.) You have to stop selling cheese in a spray can. Cheese neither belongs in cans nor should be sprayed.

Other than that,

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Give up jellied eels and I think we have ourselves a deal!

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

What do you say cousins?

I say absolutely yes but i have a couple of non negotiable caveats.

1.) New national anthem for our new joint nation. Seeing as we are retaking over the world, it must be the Pinky and the Brain theme tune, during which we must steeple fingers and look suitably meglomaniacal.
2.) You have to stop selling cheese in a spray can. Cheese neither belongs in cans nor should be sprayed.

Other than that,

Since our current national anthem is already detested by the Left, this could be a good opportunity for change. But I’m warning you right now, the new anthem must be totally non-racist, without a hint of white privilege or gendered pronouns, else half our voters will never agree to it. Can you live with those caveats?

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Done.

We will throw in Turkish Delight too as a goodwill gesture.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I got a good belly laugh out of that one! Thanks, I needed that.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   

No. Our new anthem should reflect our new dominion (rest of the world), therefore should be suitably meglomaniacal. Nothing fluffy is acceptable, unless it is about crushing nations under a fluffy umbrella.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

So two UK oil refineries could close as a direct action by the UK government, around two thousand jobs could go...near right away, and you are trying to blame the EU for this government's stupidity??? Strewth.

^^^^Strewth! What negativity ^^^^......

I seem to remember the same negativity, doom and gloom, and fear mongering

in 2016 before the referendum, the UK was going to fall off a cliff edge, go

broke, go hungry, the plague on all of us, if we even dared to vote leave.

Three years down the line ...... none of that has happened we are still being

gripped by the EU, who is loathed to let us free, We just need someone with

vision and a backbone to free ourselves with a no deal.

P.S. I see the EU President is offering an extension..... Hmmn wonder why

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Done.

We will throw in Turkish Delight too as a goodwill gesture.

Deciding the fates of two great nations between the two of you. Who are you guys?! Trump and Johnson? Bezos and the Queen? Or do you represent the Illuminati?

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Double post.
edit on 12-9-2019 by Scapegrace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   

No. Our new anthem should reflect our new dominion (rest of the world), therefore should be suitably meglomaniacal. Nothing fluffy is acceptable, unless it is about crushing nations under a fluffy umbrella.

You have a point. It’s for their own good after all.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scapegrace

How did you Brits survive before joining the EU? Those kindly, superior continentals transformed your Third-World hellhole and now you want to stab them in the back. Such ingratitude. Can’t you see the French and Germans know what’s best for you?

Nice one Scrapegrace!!

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Interestingly, the natural envionment in Britain has been ruined by the EU Common Agricultural Policy, where landowners have been rewarded for environmental destruction - remember EU grants to grub up thousands of miles of ancient hedgerows, or drain the bogs and wetlands?

Many thanks for the advice on the EU impact on the environment, didn't realise they had done so much damage. Guess we better get out if they are hurting our animals and hedges. I'm on te Brexit train now

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

The real answer as to how we survived and prospered prior to joining the EU, all the same, would be the subjugation and control of almosts 2rds of the world.

Then after 2 world wars, that attempted to unite the European continent, by spurious means and aggression, and our empire going the way of the dinosaurs(at least on paper), ration books is how we survived for a right good while.

edit on 12-9-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Please, please STOP blaming the EU for all our woes. The UK had 73, that's 73 MEPs voted in by the UK electorate. Just because they were a bunch of backstabbers that only went to draw their fantastic wages and cause trouble and NOT fight for the rights and privileges that could have been ours is not the EUs fault.
Now we're leaving the club your moaning that we can't take the family silver with us. That was NEVER going to happen as I said a couple of years ago. We have to take what's coming to us, but I'll guarantee the MPs wont suffer.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join