It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do poor women have a right to have children

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Talk about whining!!!! Lifes sweet now aint it. You like the luxuries of your life. Did your ancestors moan about all the poor people that died for them in the civil war? Did you moan when the poor people died for you in the 2 world wars? Now there's not a war to use up the poor people as cannon fodder you moan. Grow up. They have as much right as you to have children, no matter who pays.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Talk about whining!!!! Lifes sweet now aint it. You like the luxuries of your life. Did your ancestors moan about all the poor people that died for them in the civil war? Did you moan when the poor people died for you in the 2 world wars? Now there's not a war to use up the poor people as cannon fodder you moan. Grow up. They have as much right as you to have children, no matter who pays.

My family has fought in the war of 1812, the civil war, WWI & WWII, the Korean War, Vietnam and Operation Desert shield.

All those family members were able to feed their kids.

BTW my grandpa fought in 3 wars, and he would laugh in your face at your commentary. He grew up during the depression and would rather starve than believe that anyone owed him anything.

edit on 7-9-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   
only thing due is human decency.
not reparations for the wars

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Of Course , Why Not ? Why would Any Human Being Deny another the Ability to Procreate other than say maybe Communist China , Bill Gates , the U.N. , etc............

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Lol... first, many of them could. It's just that society sees it as beneficial that no kids goes without a lunch. They would prefer the kid concentrate on learning and not empty stomachs.
Not that I dont see a problem, there is one. Just think you are misidentifying what that problem is..
Why are 70%+ of children in poor households? I think the ratio of children needing govt assistance/ children who dont has basically flipped from what we had when I was growing up. And many of us boomers had lots of siblings!
And, we boomers took advantage of the advent of the pill, abortion, ect. And the generations after us have been considerably smaller. The problem isnt that women are having too many children I mean how many women you know have 6 or 7 under foot?

But, what I am more interested in is just how are you gonna ensure the people you decide shouldn't be having kids dont have them? Should the govt be able to force anyone to take a medicine? I think the only time they can do it now is when its decided that the person is incapable of making sound decisions for themselves and even then it takes a license professional- doctor or psychiatrist - to evaluate and decide the drug is needed and what drug it should be.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Perhaps a fairer question would be 'is it morally right for our artificially skewed society to dictate the natural breeding patterns of anyone?'

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Yes , Sarcasm aside , that's the Point I was trying to make . It would be IMO Immoral , and to Many other People too . When the Word " Rights " is Interpreted in the Not to Distant Future , will it Only be Defined by those who Exclusively Own it ? ...............

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Do I remember correctly that you are a Military Brat?

It's possible, depending on your sponsor's rank, and where you were stationed that you qualified for free or reduced lunches at some point. I know many military children do simply because the system doesn't include COLA, Combat Pay or Hardship Pay as income.

edit on 7-9-2019 by Identified because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I would also like to point out, and not to anyone in particular, that many foster children automatically receive WIC, EBT and Free Lunches. To the outside world it may look like a family of 5 kids is accepting welfare while mom doesn't work and is pregnant again, and they drive a nice car and live in a nice house or whatever, but what isn't known is mom is a foster parent to one or more of those children and is using the funds provided as she is required to.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Identified

Not to mention mom and dad are having funds taken out of their paychecks for child support.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Math question for the more mathematically inclined..
If three quarters of the population of child bearing age was to be barred from having kids because they are too poor to feed them..
Then, how many kids do we have to force each of the remaining quarter of the population to have to maintain the current population?
4-5???
edit on 7-9-2019 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   
f*ck math.
get a girl friend.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I just don't understand why people worry about other people so much, poor or not.

Don't tell me " they are spending my money" either.

Why in the hell should I pay for the road leading to your house, the police officer to be on call should you need them, or any other social need you(anybody who thinks this way) may think you are owed because it is "your money".

This is why there will never, ever, ever be peace in the world. Everybody is worried sick and gets disgruntled when someone doesn't live up to one's standard in life.

Who gives a f$#@?

People are absolutely insane! Me included

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Identified

Do I remember correctly that you are a Military Brat?

It's possible, depending on your sponsor's rank, and where you were stationed that you qualified for free or reduced lunches at some point. I know many military children do simply because the system doesn't include COLA, Combat Pay or Hardship Pay as income.

Not in my entire schooling did I ever receive a free lunch. I know because I remember taking cash in. It might be different now.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   
are you counting how may lunches you did not need ?

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I remember taking change in. Started out like .25 or .35 cents.
How much do they cost now full price?

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   

It's possible you qualified but your parents didn't accept it. Or you were using those meal tickets and you didn't know how much your parents paid for a months worth.
But even if you qualified and never actually used it you still would have been added to the yearly statistics regardless. They use the free and reduced lunches numbers to determine various state and federal school funding and schools who have high numbers of military children are usually very good about getting those numbers.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Identified

It's possible you qualified but your parents didn't accept it. Or you were using those meal tickets and you didn't know how much your parents paid for a months worth.
But even if you qualified and never actually used it you still would have been added to the yearly statistics regardless. They use the free and reduced lunches numbers to determine various state and federal school funding and schools who have high numbers of military children are usually very good about getting those numbers.

I know exactly how much my parents paid because I was given the cash. I also knew how much lunches were, and could do the math. Full price my entire schooling. Don't try to fit my life into your scenario for the sake of your argument. Here's the other possibility, life is so upside down now that people will try anything to make the abnormal seem normal...
Like feeding your own kids!

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I wasn't trying to fit anything into anything. I was pointing out facts.

The truth is that many military kids qualify. They did in 1980 and they do now. Now whether they actually availed themselves of that is not what I was saying happened in every cases. But the fact they qualified was used by the school system for the yearly budgets.

I also know many schools had lunch tickets and children who received reduced or free never knew because all mom or dad had to do was buy the tickets for whatever price.

If you brought cash then so be it. You could do the math on what your parents made and where you lived and probably know for a fact if you would have qualified. It matters not to me because the facts are the facts.
edit on 7-9-2019 by Identified because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Currently a military family of four making less than $46,250 qualifies for reduced lunches.
That's in most circumstances an E-5 or below.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join