It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do poor women have a right to have children

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: okrian

It also has to do with the movement from manual/production labor to more of an service/ sit on your butt most of the day service labor.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: JAGStorm

I can't believe you actually authored this thread, I had no idea you were an advocate for eugenics....yowsers

I'm not, I'm for common sense which is seriously lacking.

No money, no food, hmmm let's have a baby. That seems to be a common theme these days

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Today on a facebook page a local lady that helps people in need posted a bunch of needs/wants for some families.
Two of the three families are expecting a baby in addition to many other children. They have zero money, zero anything.
How on earth is this ok? In this day and age, birth control is everywhere, and it's free. I'd like to say it's rare, but it isn't.
Every day there are requests like this. Another friend asking for fresh fruits for people. Many working folks can't afford fresh fruit for their
own children...

I'm not some kind of cruel person. I know the desire for a women to have a child. I just don't think that their desire overrides
the responsibility of having one. Then that burden falls on everyone else. It falls on people that have been responsible their entire lives.

You ask how on earth is it okay? IT ISN"T.

My question to you - why are you opposed to Caring for others? I don't think these people you distain intended to be in this situation as you seem to imply.

....you say birth control is everywhere. That you wished it wasn't (REALLY) but it is.

I suppose you are anti-choice as well.

Who are you to decide who can and cannot have children? Who are you to decide who is worthy of charity?

Look to your own life before looking down on another's (paraphased from bible)

I am pro choice

I have looked at my life an it is why I've made these conclusions

I grew up in a time when people would work 3 jobs before asking others to support their kid (ps I worked 3 jobs at one time)

A time when your child = your responsibility

We have abandoned all that

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Analbumcover

No harm. I was not offended in the least. I responded because I too used to think that weight was something that was purely controlled by what and how much you ate. Since I personally found that not to be always true, though anecdotal, I chose to share my experience.

I have never viewed myself as unique or special, so I am pretty sure there are a few others out there like me.

I honestly believe that no one "wants" to be fat, so there has to be something at the center of the problem, and I don't believe that greed is the sole motivating reason.
edit on 7-9-2019 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
I have thought about this issue before. Should prospective parents have to meet specific minimum standards in order to have children?

You have to pass a test and prove financial responsibility (insurance) to drive a car. If you fail to provide the minimum required insurance or prove to be inadequate as a driver you can be fined or lose the privilege altogether.

Anyone capable of having children can do so with no demonstration of the ability or desire to care for them properly. Yet you can have your children taken away from you if you fail to provide basic necessities or for them.

Why are we proactive on driving a car but reactive on protecting children? Why do we wait until after the children are suffering before we act?

If we treated having children and driving a car the same, we would wait until after a driver had an accident to make sure they had insurance. That doesn't make sense, does it? Of course not. So why do we do it with children?

I hear what you’re saying but how would you go about means testing for the right to have children? I’m sure you appreciate the fact that you can be rich and still be a bad parent and likewise you can be poor and good parent. What children need most is love from there parents and money doesn’t buy that. This means testing is a slippery slope to Eugenics.

Besides we already screen our potential partners and lovers so much so in the west that many are opting for a single childless life.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

People have different metabolisms, your glands such as the thyroid are also responsible for regulating weight. Your body also goes through changes which can cause all kinds of issues, but it’s possible to keep it very healthy if you take up Hatha yoga. Seriously it’s the best thing anyone can do for their health.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: starviego
Passing on one's genes to another generation is a biological imperative. God/MotherNature doesn't care if you do it by being superior or if you do it by scamming your way through. Success is what counts.

On the other hand, you don't have any special obligation to help another being pass his/her genes on.

You are talking about hungry kids!

People have to spay and neuter their animals so there are not a ton of unwanted hungry sick sad creatures everywhere!
People need to be made to stop if they won't do it themselves children are not toys! They are abused by parents who are the type to keep reproducing without thought to the needs of their poor offspring!

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Right so only the wealthy care for their kids then? Being poor means you don’t have the ability to care for and bring up your child/children healthy and happy?

Tell that to 99% of the worlds population.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

Right so only the wealthy care for their kids then? Being poor means you don’t have the ability to care for and bring up your child/children healthy and happy?

I am saying you have NO RIGHT to bring a human being into a situation where you cannot feed and care for them!
How happy can a hungry kid with no health, dental care not proper cloths be?

If you can afford care for one kid have one, if you can't afford more don't!
People in nations where no one allows them birth control contribute to pain, suffering and mental illness that comes from being a burden instead of wanted!

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I ask everyone, at what point does it not become OK?

Exactly, when we have little begging cold kids all over the city streets?
When there are so many people don't think about the full orphanages anymore with group burials out back and $$ from sex abusers going to someone pocket?

The kids are all that should matter, if they don't exist they don't suffer just like the little kittens that no one wants! We put those to sleep by the millions! The kids on the other hand have a lifetime of suffering, most with a bad start suffer until death.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

Someone should.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
Some of the most brilliant, talented, innovative, and driven people to ever grace this Earth were born poor. There is opportunity everywhere. Where there's a will there's a way.

To be quite honest, I don't mind sharing what little I have to help others out.

I rented out a house once to a Woman who had 2 kids on welfare, her husband was not in the picture. One month she had not paid the rent, she came over to tell me she would have it soon, seems she was 9 months pregnant and the check for the new kid would give her the rent money. She spent the rent relying on a new kids upped welfare income to recover it.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Some of the most brilliant, talented, innovative, and driven people to ever grace this Earth were born poor.

If you talk to many of those, they would tell you about how they suffered all their lives and many commit suicide.
Look into it.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

Sometimes the people that came from the gutter get to the top.

How many don't? How many fill the prisons and mental health systems?

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Anyone can and should have the right to have a child as long as they don't ask others to pay.

If you can't pay for the child and you chose to take welfare then you should be on mandatory birth control.

Kind of like when I take a job and they make me take drug tests it's a choice

Exactly!

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   

How happy can a hungry kid with no health, dental care not proper cloths be?

How long in the long history that humans have been on this planet have we had any of these things? What are proper clothes anyway? Only starving kids in extreme poverty suffer because of that issue. Poor as most think of it isn’t an issue at all. I grew up poor yet happy enough, my mum brought us up as a single parent and was dependent on gov subsidies to do so, she also worked really hard and got herself a BA honours degree and went on to run her own business. Should she not have been allowed to have me and my sister?

I think the real issue here is you and those like don’t want to subsidise others children through the social security system and your tax dollars.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

On the other hand people like Epstein who was mega rich are the real danger to children!

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Telling a woman she cant have children is not only riding close to the ethics edge, but rather unconstitutional by US standards.

Telling them that they can't have a child that can't eat unless someone else pays for their child's food. How is that wrong?

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabrechucker

The same "Right" that I have to pound 20 beers at a bar and drive home.

You do know you have no right to do that?

And Why?
Becauseit infringes on others rights to safety.

We all have a right to not see hungry kids suffering, anyone here travel?
edit on 7-9-2019 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Of course they do.
But the public is under no obligation to provide for them.
The current welfare model encourages childbirth for economic reasons -
and not because you love and want a child, they want a paycheck.
edit on 7-9-2019 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join